FanFic - Other
"Don't Speak"
Part 38
by Jamie Phelps
Disclaimer: Don't own the Characters or the title. Never have, never will. Would love too :-)
Summary: Michael, Max, Maria, Isabel, Liz, Alex, Tess and Kyle's lives seem back on track. With Max and Liz's wedding quickly approaching, all seems perfect. Then the mysterious Jennifer arrives in Roswell and things quickly spiral out of control. Maria leaves Michael, Isabel learns one of the group is keeping a secret, and Max and Liz begin fighting. Taye is drawn to Jennifer, yet doesn't understand why. When Tess questions Jennifer's motives, she disappears. Who is the mysterious Jennifer? And will life as we know it in Roswell ever be the same?
Category: Other
Rating: R
Authors Note: Thanks to Cari for helping me come up with a title for this piece. I owe you one! You must have read "Secrets", "The Journey" and "Letting Go" or this fiction will not make sense to you. Please email at jamiep@egyptian.net or see them at Fan Forum if you need the other fictions.
"So when did you guys finally settle on a date?" Taye asked, eyeing Isabel and Alex curiously.

Alex laughed. "So it's taken us four years to set a date. We wanted to be sure that we are right for each other." Alex reached over and took Isabel's hand. "But I knew that from the first time we kissed. Actually after we got this house together we never thought about us not being married. We've been living as husband and wife for so long that it simply slipped our mind."

A smile formed across Isabel's face. "Last week Alex asked me to marry him again. This time I said "when" instead of "yes". When he said as soon as possible I said ok." She squeezed Alex's hand. "So that's why we chose November 21. It's almost here so we don't have to wait very long." She leaned over and kissed Alex.

A goofy smile spread across his face. "See, this is why I love this girl." He pulled her face to his again and kissed her deeply.

"Get a room why don't ya?" Kyle asked laughing. "I'm sure everyone here doesn't want to watch this!"

Isabel pulled away laughing. "Are you jealous Kyle?" She asked in a deep, sexy voice. She stood up and walked behind Kyle. She put her hands on his shoulders and began to massage them. She slowly lowered her head down to his ear and whispered, "There is enough to go around."

Kyle blushed. His face became red and he stood up. His eyes found Tess who was laughing hysterically.

"You should have been your face!" Tess laughed. "You looked so funny."

Isabel punched him playfully in the arm. "Lighten up Kyle, I was only messing with you."

Kyle forced a smile. "I knew that!" He said sitting down again and pulling Tess onto his lap. But Kyle wasn't so sure. He had been envious of Alex for having Isabel as a girlfriend. It wasn't that he didn't love Tess, but he knew he had feeling for Isabel too. He'd tried to push those feelings out of his mind, but every time he thought he had succeeded, she would say or do something that reminded him how he felt about her. He wrapped his arms tighter around Tess, trying to forget his thoughts.

"Alex says that I can pick the entire wedding party." Isabel began. "So I thought I'd start with you." She turned to Liz and Tess. "Would you be my brides maids?" She asked.

Tess smiled. "I would love too." She said, standing to hug her. "I wouldn 't miss this for the world."

Liz stood up too. "I can't wait." She smiled, hugging her. "I know you'll be just as happy as Max and I are." A sadness crossed her eyes and Isabel squeezed her hand. Liz smiled and sat back down beside Max.

"Taye, Max, Kyle and Michael." She said turning towards them. "Would you be Alex's best men?" She asked.

Max smiled. "We are the best aren't we?" He said smugly.

Isabel laughed. Max rarely joked or was happy anymore. The loss of the baby four years earlier had really did a number on him. "You just keep telling yourself that." She said smiling.

He stood up and crossed the patio to his sister. He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close. "I love you." He said releasing her. "And I wouldn't miss your wedding for anything." He smiled. "That's what older brothers are for right?"

Isabel smiled. "Right, except you don't know whether you're older than me.'

"That's right!" Max said, excitedly. "I forgot you could be like 40 years older than me!"

"Very funny, Max." Isabel said trying not to sound amused. "But I still love ya."

Taye smiled. "I'd be more than happy to be part of your wedding." He said hugging her. "Thank you for asking me."

"Your welcome." She smiled back.

Michael stood up next and picked her up off the ground. "It's about time." He said kissing her on the cheek. He sat her down on the ground. "I was beginning to think the two of you would never get hitched." A smile formed across his face.

Isabel put her arms around his waist and looked into his eyes. "I was wondering the same thing about you." She said smiling.

Michael smiled. "Nope, not gonna answer you. I'm pretending you didn't even say that."

"Chicken!" Isabel shouted as he sat down.

Maria pulled him back onto her lap. "What's wrong with my spaceboy this time?" Maria asked, kissing him gently.

"Nothing." He replied quickly. "Just your sister trying to be funny."

Maria smiled and kissed him again. "Sure." She said.

Isabel looked at Kyle. "Well?" She asked smiling.

Kyle looked away. He didn't know what to say. Obviously no, don't marry Alex would be something NOT to say. He smiled. "Sure." He said, tightening his grip on Tess. "I'd love too."

Isabel smiled. She walked over and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Thank you." She said.

"You're welcome." Kyle said.

Isabel turned back to Liz. "I want Jacey, Logan and Jodi in the wedding, too." She said. Then she turned to Maria. "Would you be my matron of honor?" She asked. "It's very important to me."

Maria smiled. She pushed Michael off of her and stood up. "I'll be there." She said hugging her. "You two are going to be very happy."

Isabel looked at Maria. She didn't need to tell Maria what she was thinking, Maria already knew.

Alex smiled. "She must have been reading my mind because that's who I was going to ask."

Everyone laughed.

Liz turned to Max. "Are you ready to get home?" She asked standing up. "We are going to have to pry Jacey away from here."

Max stood up. "I'll go get her." He said, disappearing into the house. Moments later he emerged carrying Jacey. "Alex that dog of yours is messed up." Max smiled. "She was letting the girls carry her like a baby."

Alex laughed and looked at Isabel. "Hmm.wonder how that happened?"

"Go give kisses out." Max said sitting Jacey on the ground.

"But daddy." Jacey began.

While Jacey pleaded with Max to stay, Tess pulled Liz aside. "Why don't you let her spend the night with me. I'll get the other girls and we'll have a party. Since Michael and Maria moved in with Isabel and Alex, I don't' get to see Logan or Jodi that much.

Liz took only a moment to decide. "It's fine with me, if you can get Max to let her stay."

Tess finished asking Isabel and Maria before she approached Max. "Max, why don't you let Jacey spend the night with Taye and I? Logan and Jodi will be there so it'll be like an extended birthday party."

Max shook his head. "I think she's had enough birthday for one night." He said slowly. "She needs to go home with us."

"I'll be with her all night, Max." Tess continued. "It'll give you some alone time with Liz and she'll be in good hands."

Max looked at Liz. He could see the sadness in her eyes. It hurt him to know the sadness was partially his fault. Max looked down at Jacey. Her dark, brown eyes pleading with him to say yes. Then he looked back at Tess. Who was he kidding? He knew she'd go to the end of the world for those kids. A smile formed on his face. "Alright," He said, pushing her hair out of her face. "You can stay but don't be awake all night." He picked her up and kissed her.

"Thank you daddy." She said, squeezing his neck. She ran to Liz. "Thank you, too mommy." She said, kissing her.

"You're very welcome." Liz replied. "Go get Logan and Jodi and tell them you're spending the night with Aunt Tess. Hurry, she's ready to leave." Jacey turned and ran towards the house. Liz's gaze landed on Max. She walked over to him and put her arms around his waist. "Thank you." She said softly.

Max smiled down at his wife. For the first time in four years he felt as if he'd made Liz happy. He kissed her forehead. "I love you." He said.

Part 37 | Index | Part 39
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.