FanFic - Other
"Don't Speak"
Part 42
by Jamie Phelps
Disclaimer: Don't own the Characters or the title. Never have, never will. Would love to :-)
Summary: Michael, Max, Maria, Isabel, Liz, Alex, Tess and Kyle's lives seem back on track. With Max and Liz's wedding quickly approaching, all seems perfect. Then the mysterious Jennifer arrives in Roswell and things quickly spiral out of control. Maria leaves Michael, Isabel learns one of the group is keeping a secret, and Max and Liz begin fighting. Taye is drawn to Jennifer, yet doesn't understand why. When Tess questions Jennifer's motives, she disappears. Who is the mysterious Jennifer? And will life as we know it in Roswell ever be the same?
Category: Other
Rating: R
Authors Note: Thanks to Cari for helping me come up with a title for this piece. I owe you one! You must have read "Secrets", "The Journey" and "Letting Go" or this fiction will not make sense to you. Please email at jamiep@egyptian.net or see them at Fan Forum if you need the other fictions.
"Is Alex here yet??" Isabel yelled as she came out of the room where she'd been getting ready. "I'm going to be mad if he's late for our wedding. He probably is checking his email or something. That is going to be the first thing to go!"

Maria smiled. Isabel was flipping out again. What was it that made them so crazy? She remembered Liz almost leaving before her wedding. "Is, look at me." Maria said stopping her by placing her hand on Isabel's shoulders. "Everything is going to be fine. Alex will be there and this wedding will be perfect. You know that and I know that. You've got to breathe or you are going to pass out. You'd look awful funny being wheeled down the aisle!"

Isabel smiled and hugged Maria. "Thanks." She said slowly. "I'm scared. Marrying Alex means that we'll be together the rest of our lives."

Maria looked at Isabel. "You aren't sure about him?" She asked confused.

"No, it's not that." Isabel said sitting down in the chair. "I love Alex so much. He and I have been through so much together. But neither of us really had the chance to date anyone else. What if we aren't meant to be together? What if Alex is the wrong one for me?"

Maria sat down beside her. "Do you truly love Alex? Is he the first person you think of when you wake up? Does the sight of him make your heart skip a beat? Does the sound of his voice make you smile? Does the feel of his lips send shivers throughout your body?"

Isabel looked at Maria. She'd never realized it before, but the answer to all those questions were yes. "Yes." She said smiling. "He causes all of those things."

"Then that's how you know that he is the one for you. Because if I asked him the exact same questions as I just asked you, I guarantee he'd answer the same way. That's because you both are meant to be together." Maria finished.

Isabel smiled. "How did you become so smart about this stuff?" She asked.

"Because I found my love. The man that I want to be with forever. And all those questions I just asked you I can answer 'yes' to." Maria said smiling. "It doesn't matter to me that Michael and I aren't married. Like I said before, I know we'll be in each others lives forever. That's all that matters to me."

Isabel stood up. "It'll all work out." She said, straightening her dress. "I know it will."

Maria stood up too. "I'll go see if Alex, Max and Liz are here yet."

Isabel hugged Maria again. "Thanks for everything sis."

"You're more than welcome." Maria said smiling. As she started through the door, she ran into Liz. "Where have you guys been?" She asked accusingly.

"Um.traffic?" Liz said. A smile formed across her face. "Max and I got side tracked. We were a tad bit late picking Alex up." She turned to Isabel. "I'm so sorry."

Isabel smiled. "It's ok. He's got just enough time to finish getting ready. How did he look? Is he nervous?"

Liz laughed. "He looked a little ticked that we were late, but other than that he looked terrific."

There was a knock on the door and Tess walked in followed by Jacey, Logan and Jodi. "Five minutes until showtime." Tess smiled.

"Girls you look absolutely beautiful." Isabel said. Jacey and Jodi's hair had been pulled into a French braid. Logan had baby banana curls throughout her hair. "I can't believe how cute you all are." She bent down and kissed each one. When she came to Jodi she gathered her into a hug.

"I love you mommy." She said happily.

Isabel smiled. "I love you too sweetie!" She said.

"Ok girls." Tess said smiling. "They're ready for us." She reached over and kissed Isabel on the cheek. "Congratulations!" She said smiling. She lead the three girls toward the door and disappeared.

"Guess I'm next." Liz said smiling. She hugged Isabel. "You're brother is so happy for you." She said and then she disappeared around the door.

Maria smiled. "So I guess it's time." She said slowly. "If you need anything, you know where I am and how to reach me." She said. "Friends forever, ok?" Maria said, hugging Isabel. She kissed her cheek. "I love you."

"I love you too." Isabel said, wiping away the tears that had started to form in her eyes.

Maria smiled as she disappeared around the door leaving Isabel all alone.

"Well I guess it's now or never." Isabel said to herself. She took one last look in the mirror and walked through the door.

The journey to the sanctuary seemed to take forever. Then she saw her dad waiting patiently for her. He smiled as he took her arm.

"You look beautiful, sweetheart." He said, kissing her cheek.

Together they walked through the door. She could see Liz, Tess, Maria and the girls. Then she noticed Kyle, Michael, Max and Taye. And finally her yes came to rest on Alex. He smiled at her and Isabel felt all her insides go numb. She'd been waiting for this moment her whole life. She felt her dad release her arm.

"I love you, Izzy." He said, kissing her cheek. He smiled at Alex. Slowly he made his way over next to Diane and sat down.

Alex took Isabel's hand in his. He smiled at how beautiful she looked. She would never know how happy he was to be standing there with her. It was almost a dream to him. Together they turned and faced the minister.

"We are gathered here today to join this man and this woman in holy matrimony."

Isabel looked over at Alex. At that moment she knew she was making the right decision. All the doubts, fears, and worries that she had in her mind were eased when he looked over at her and their eyes connected. She smiled at him and focused her attention back on the minister.

"If anyone can show just cause why these two should not be married, speak now or forever hold our peace."

Isabel turned around quickly scanning the crowd. No one stood up. No one spoke a word. She slowly turned around. Her eyes met Kyle's. There was almost a sadness in them. She didn't know what it was, but her heart ached for him. He seemed so sad. She smiled at him and his face instantly brightened. He smiled back at her.

"Do you Alex Whitman, take Isabel Evan's to be your lawful wedded wife? To have an to hold until death do you part as long as you both shall live?"

Alex looked at Isabel. All the times they'd shared in their lives came rushing back to him. Their first kiss; the first date; all the nights they' d shared looking up at the stars; Jodi. Everything that ever meant anything to him. He faced her with tears in his eyes. "I do." He said smiling.

"And do you, Isabel Evan's take Alex Whitman to be your lawful wedded husband? To have and to hold until death do you part as long as you both shall live?"

A smile spread across Isabel's face. This was the moment that counted for her. They were almost officially husband and wife. "I do." She said, tears beginning to fall.

"You may now exchange rings."

Alex turned to Michael. He handed Alex the ring he'd bought Isabel. It wasn't a traditional wedding band. It was a sun, moon, and stars band with diamonds all around it. He knew Isabel would love it. It was different, which summed up their entire relationship. With a shaky hand he slipped the ring onto her finger.

Isabel turned to Maria and took the ring she'd been holding. She turned back to Alex and slipped it on his finger. She felt her heart jump when they joined hands again.

"By the powers that are vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

Alex kissed Isabel. The moment he'd been waiting for his whole life was over. He was finally married to Mrs. Isabel Whitman. They could be a true family now. He smiled at her and mouthed 'I love you'.

She smiled back. Even standing in the church with all their friends, Isabel felt like she and Alex were the only two people that existed in the world. She reached over and kissed him again. "I love you too." She said.

PART FORTY THREE

The reception was everything Isabel had asked for; a live band, food, and friends. The entire day had turned out perfectly. There wasn't anything that was going to ruin it. She danced cheek to cheek with Alex. All her fears had floated away the minute they said 'I do'. She was concentrating on the here and now. Nothing else.

Michael, Maria, Taye, Liz, Max, Tess, and Kyle all sat around the wedding party's table. Isabel smiled and took Alex by the hand, leading him over to the table. She sat down next to Maria. "Thank you guys for being here. This has meant so much to me.to the both of us."

Alex smiled. "I don't know what we would have done if you hadn't been here. You're a major part of our lives." He laughed. "In more ways than one." He said looking at Maria and Max.

Maria leaned over and placed a big hug around Alex's neck. "You just better take care of her and Jodi or I'm going to personally kick your ass." She said smiling. "And remember, I KNOW where you live." She laughed. "And you!" She said, smiling at Isabel. "Didn't I tell you everything would be perfect?" She asked, hugging her sister.

Isabel smiled. "I knew you were right. I just panicked." She explained. "It's not something I'm proud of, but I think everyone goes through it."

"I know I did." Liz said smiling. She turned and kissed Max who was setting next to her. "But after I married him, there was no doubt in my mind that what I did was right."

Tess took Kyle's hand in hers. "I know you two will be very happy." She smiled. "You guys were made for each other."

Kyle laughed. "Just like she was made for me." He said kissing Tess. "Who' d have thought that six years ago I'd learn there were aliens among us and actually fall in love with one?" He smiled. "It's just so surreal."

Taye laughed. "I would never have expected to be living on earth five years ago." He said. "Or that I'd ever see my sister again, or that I'd have a chance to meet my brother. Now I'm part of this big family and I wouldn't trade that for anything in the world." He looked down.

"Except?" Tess asked.

"Except maybe to see Jennifer again." He knew he shouldn't bring up her name, but he missed her. Why did she have to leave?

"Everything happens for a reason." Michael said. "Timing is everything. Maybe the chick wasn't right for you."

Maria nudged Michael in the side. "She's not a chick Michael."

He smiled. "Whatever, she's still a chick to me. Believe me, Taye. There is someone out there who will love you unconditionally. Nothing will come between the two of you and you'll be together no matter what. Even if it means that you never marry." He placed his arm around Maria.

Taye smiled. "You guys really are the greatest you know that?"

Kyle laughed. "I've been told that several times, anyone else?"

They all laughed.

Isabel could feel all the love that was at the table. They hadn't gotten to spend a lot of quality time together lately and it was just what they needed. She knew their lives would get better. "Let's dance." She said, standing up. She walked over to the band and whispered something to the lead singer. She came back over to the table and grabbed Alex by the hand. "Come on, I want all of us out there dancing."

They all got up and walked out onto the dance floor hand-in-hand. When Isabel looked back, she saw Taye sitting all alone. At that moment she wished Jennifer were here for him. She released Alex's hand and walked back over to the table. "I want you to dance with us too." She said pulling him out of his chair.

"But I have no one to dance with." He said, looking down.

Isabel placed an arm around his waist. "She wants to dance with you." Isabel said, point across the room to Pam Troy. She'd been watching Taye all night. "Go ahead, ask her."

Taye smiled and walked across the room. She gladly agreed to dance and walked onto the dance floor with them.

Minutes later, the song began to play. It was Isabel and Alex's song. She took him in her arms as they began to dance.

The strands in your eyes that color them wonderful
Stop me and steal my breath
Emeralds from mountains thrust towards the sky
Never revealing their depth
Tell me that we belong together Dress it up with the trappings of love
I'll be captivated; I'll hang from your lips
Instead of the gallows of heartache that hang from above
I'll be your cryin' shoulder
I'll be love suicide
I'll be better when I'm older
I'll be the greatest fan of your life
Rain falls angry on the tin roof
As we lie awake in my bed
You're my survival; you're my living proof
My love is alive and not dead
Tell me that we belong together
Dress it up in the trappings of love
I'll be captivated; I'll hang from your lips
Instead of the gallows of heartache that hang from above
I've dropped out, burned up, fought my way back from the dead
Tuned in, turned on, remembered the thing you said

She wrapped her arms tighter around Alex. She knew they'd be happy forever.

Maria wrapped her arms around Michael and laid her head on his chest. She couldn't imagine a time that she'd been happier. Michael never danced, and yet, here he was dancing close to her. She was soaking it all in.

He pulled her away from him just enough so that he could see her face. He smiled at her. "You know this has been the greatest night." He said smiling. Maria started to say something by he hushed her by placing a finger over her lips. "Just listen to me." He began. "I've been thinking. You and I are meant for each other. Both of us know that. I've tried many times to ask you to marry me, but every time something has happened and I've not been able to it." He looked deep into her eyes. "I love you so much Maria. There is nothing I wouldn't do for you. I want us to be together forever."

Tears started to fall down Maria's face. Michael reached up and wiped a tear away with his finger.

"Maria DeLuca," He began. "Will you marry me?"

Maria didn't know what to say. Tears streamed down her face as she tried to smile. She buried her head into Michael's chest and he held her tight. Through her tears and her muffled voice she answered. "Yes."

Michael pulled her back and looked into her eyes. "I love you." He said.

She finally was able to conjure up a smile. "I love you too." She said, pulling his face to hers. Their lips found each other and connected instantly.

Everything was perfect. Liz and Max were married. Isabel and Alex were married. She and Michael were now officially engaged. And Tess had Kyle. If only they could find someone for Taye. She continued to kiss Michael. Everything she'd been through the last five years with Michael had been all worth it. Even when she feared she'd lost him, they found their way back to each other. She knew that could only mean what they shared was true love. She pulled herself closer to Michael, not wanting to let him go.

And as the music played on, the couples danced. The crowd was forgotten and it was as if they were the only people in the building. Together they were ready to face the world, or whatever lay ahead.

Part 41 | Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.