FanFic - Other
"Don't Speak"
Part 6
by Jamie Phelps
Disclaimer: Don't own the Characters or the title. Never have, never will. Would love to :-)
Summary: Michael, Max, Maria, Isabel, Liz, Alex, Tess and Kyle's lives seem back on track. With Max and Liz's wedding quickly approaching, all seems perfect. Then the mysterious Jennifer arrives in Roswell and things quickly spiral out of control. Maria leaves Michael, Isabel learns one of the group is keeping a secret, and Max and Liz begin fighting. Taye is drawn to Jennifer, yet doesn't understand why. When Tess questions Jennifer's motives, she disappears. Who is the mysterious Jennifer? And will life as we know it in Roswell ever be the same?
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: Thanks to Cari for helping me come up with a title for this piece. I owe you one! You must have read "Secrets", "The Journey" and "Letting Go" or this fiction will not make sense to you. Please email at jamiep@egyptian.net or see them at Fan Forum if you need the other fictions.
"Thanks Kyle for helping with the groceries." Taye said putting the last can good into the cupboard.

"No problem." Kyle said. "Kept me busy while Tess is getting ready." He looked into the living room. "Wonder what's taking her so long." Taye shrugged his shoulders. He knew he didn't understand women, that was for sure. "Maybe she got tied up."

No sooner had Taye finished his sentence, Tess appeared. She was dressed in a pink top and blue jeans. Taye could tell Kyle was impressed just by the look on his face.

"Down boy." Taye said smiling. "That's my sister you're gawking at."

Kyle blushed. He hadn't realized he was being so obvious. "Sorry." He said.

Taye nudged him playfully in the arm. "Lighten up, man." He said. "I was only kidding."

"Oh." Kyle said, forcing a laugh.

"Hi guys." Tess said, walking into the kitchen.

"Hey." Taye said. "I need to go attempt cleaning my room. I'll leave you two love birds alone."

Tess felt that familiar stab of sadness as she watched Taye leave. She wished he would find someone for himself. Someone that would love him for who he was.

When he was out of sight, Kyle smiled. "You look great." He said. He reached over and took her hand in his.

"So what are we doing tonight." She asked.

"It's a surprise." He said, leading her to the door. "I think you're even dressed for it."

"Am I?" She flirted back.

"Yeah." Kyle opened the door to his mustang and allowed Tess to get in. "Tonight is going to be the best night of your life." He said, climbing into the drivers seat.

"I hope so." She said smiling. "You know, I'm so glad I made it back to Earth. I don't know what I'd be doing if I didn't have you."

Kyle leaned forward and placed a kiss on her lips. "You don't ever have to think about it again." He said. "We're here, together, and that's all that matters."

She knew he was right. There was no reason to dwell on the past. They needed to focus on the future.

"So where are we going?" She asked again, hoping for a real answer this time.

"I told you it's a surprise." He looked at her and smiled. "We're almost there so you don't have much longer to wait."

"Whatever." Tess began. "You'll want to know something about me sometime and I'll tell you the same thing."

"Everything about you is a surprise." Kyle said grinning. He turned into a parking lot and stopped. "We're here."

Tess looked around. Kyle had kidnapped her and brought her to Alien Fortress: 18 holes of alien themed miniature golf fun. She had to smile.

"What?" Kyle asked. "Don't tell me you've never played miniature golf."

"Or regular." Tess said, still smiling. "Especially around an alien theme."

"This is Roswell." Kyle laughed. "What kind of theme did you expect, circus?"

"No," She said smiling. "I didn't even know these places had a theme."

"You are deprived." He said laughing. He got out of the car and met Tess at the front.

"You haven't experienced anything until you've played miniature golf." Kyle said, taking her hand.

They walked up to the ticket window and Kyle got two balls and two clubs. They made their way to the first hole.

Tess watched as Kyle took his turn. He easily made a hole in one. "Think you can do that?" He asked.

Tess took her position and smiled. "No problem." She set up the shot, pulled the club back and swung as hard as she could. The ball bounced off of the alien's head and landed right back at Tess's feet.

Kyle laughed. "You're supposed to hit the ball into his mouth, not kill him."

"Oh shut up or I'm going to hit you next time." Tess said, smiling.

She pulled back again and swung, this time barely tapping the ball. It reached to almost the top of the hill and then rolled back to her feet.

"Can't be nice to the ball." Kyle said, laughing again. "You gotta be forceful."

"Alright Mr. Know-it-All. If you think you're so perfect why don't you get over here and show me." Tess smiled. Kyle smiled. "If you insist." He went over and stood behind Tess. His entire body covered hers. She hadn't realized he was that much taller than she was. He guided his arms back, just enough to get a little power behind the show. Slowly, together, they allowed the club to hit the ball. Tess watched as the ball went into the alien's mouth and come out the other side, for a hole in one.

"See," Kyle began. "It's all in the way you approach it."

Tess smiled. "Well that makes us tied then."

"Oh no!" Kyle demanded. "That was your third shot on this hole."

"Nope, I didn't know how to play before." Tess said. "The last shot is what counted."

"Whatever!" Kyle exclaimed. "You're going down!"

They played the rest of the holes competitively. In the end Tess ended up beating Kyle.

"Told you I was better." She said.

"You cheated!" He said, pulling her into his arms.

"You're just mad cause a girl beat you." She laughed.

He pulled her face to his and kissed her deeply. He didn't want the night to end.

When Kyle finally broke the kiss, Tess could see he had tears in his eyes.

"Kyle?" She said worriedly.

He smiled. "Every things just so perfect." He began. "I don't want this to ever end."

She wrapped her arms around his waist. "It doesn't have to." She said. "Nothing is stopping us."

Kyle looked away. He didn't know if he would be able to tell her.

"What is it?" She asked, bringing his face back to hers.

"There's nothing wrong." He said. "It's just, well I decided what I want to do with my life. I want to be a cop just like my dad. I was thinking, who will be around to protect you guys after he's gone? I decided it should be me, since I know everything."

Tess smiled. She didn't even know Kyle cared that much about them. "We'd be in great hands."

"There is one problem though." He continued. "I have to go away to school. It'll be a three month academy."

Tess's smile faded. That's why he was sad. He didn't want to leave her. She reached over and touched his arm. "When do you leave?" She asked.

A single tear slid down his cheek. "The day after Max and Liz's wedding."

She moved over and placed her head on his shoulder. "Do what you have to do." She said, letting him know she understood. "I'll still be here when you get back."

"You don't have to wait on me." He said, intertwining his fingers with hers.

"I want to." She said, reaching up and kissing him. And she meant it. She 'd wait forever to be with him.

Part 5 | Index | Part 7
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.