FanFic - Other
"Don't Speak"
Part 9
by Jamie Phelps
Disclaimer: Don't own the Characters or the title. Never have, never will. Would love to :-)
Summary: Michael, Max, Maria, Isabel, Liz, Alex, Tess and Kyle's lives seem back on track. With Max and Liz's wedding quickly approaching, all seems perfect. Then the mysterious Jennifer arrives in Roswell and things quickly spiral out of control. Maria leaves Michael, Isabel learns one of the group is keeping a secret, and Max and Liz begin fighting. Taye is drawn to Jennifer, yet doesn't understand why. When Tess questions Jennifer's motives, she disappears. Who is the mysterious Jennifer? And will life as we know it in Roswell ever be the same?
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: Thanks to Cari for helping me come up with a title for this piece. I owe you one! You must have read "Secrets", "The Journey" and "Letting Go" or this fiction will not make sense to you. Please email at jamiep@egyptian.net or see them at Fan Forum if you need the other fictions.
"UFOnics?" Michael said as Alex pulled into a parking spot. "Couldn't we go somewhere else?"

Alex laughed. "Nope, we're going to have fun tonight and this is the place to do it. Just let yourself go."

Michael followed Alex through the doors and to a table. He sat down and looked around the room. "This place is always so crowded. Do we have to stay here?"

"Yes!" Alex shouted over the music. "Give it a chance. You may like it."

"I won't even bring Maria here!" Michael said, smiling. "So how do you expect me to have fun with you."

"Well you can sit here and be a wuss or you can get out here an have fun." Alex said walking towards the floor. "It's your call."

Michael watched as Alex turned his back and disappeared in the crowd. If he wanted to make a fool out of himself, let him. Michael wasn't going to be caught dead out there dancing.

"Excuse me." A small voice brought him back to reality.

"Hi." He said.

"Hi, I'm Jennifer. This is my friend Katie. Do you mind if we sit down?" The girl asked.

Michael shook his head. "Go ahead, no one's sitting there."

Michael searched the crowd for Alex. Of course he was nowhere to be seen.

"So why are you just sitting here?" Jennifer asked. "You should be up dancing."

"Why are you sitting here?" Michael retorted.

"We saw you and thought we'd come over and try to get your spirits up." Katie added. "You look like you need some fun in your life."

"Yeah, well I don't like to have fun." Michael said.

Jennifer grinned. He was even cuter than she thought. When he'd walked into the club she'd spotted him. "Oh come on, you have to have fun sometime." She said.

"Nope." Michael said. "It's not my style."

"Well I'm going to dance." Katie said suddenly. "I'm here to have fun. Not sit around."

"Go, no one's stopping you." Michael said, as she got up.

"You're in serious need of a attitude check." She said, as she walked away.

Michael watched her as she walked away. She didn't know him and had no right to say anything about his attitude. Who did she think she was, Miss Attitude Queen? Besides, what was wrong with his attitude? No one else seemed to mind it.

"Come on." Jennifer said, standing up. She grabbed his hand and pulled him out of the chair. "I want you to dance with me."

Michael started to protest, but then thought different. He might as well give in and then she'd leave him alone. He followed her out to the floor and they begin to dance. Luckily it was dance music.

"Oh my!" Jennifer said, laughing. "You can't dance can you?"

"Forget it!" Michael yelled. "I'm done."

Jennifer grabbed his arm. "I'm sorry. I was just kidding. Everyone dances in their own way. You're doing fine."

"Yeah, well it's funny I feel like a complete freak." Michael returned. "See," Jennifer continued. "now you're having fun."

Michael smiled. He had to admit he was having more fun than sitting at the table.

"Where you from?" Michael shouted over the music.

"Here." She said. "I just moved to Roswell. Not really used to the town yet."

"Really?" Michael asked. "Where are you staying?"

"I've got an apartment across town. On Space Avenue." She said, as she moved closer to Michael.

"I live in those apartments too!" He said. "What number?"

"It's the first floor, 6B." She said.

"I live at 5A, first floor." Michael said. "I guess it's a small world."

Jennifer smiled. It sure was. She knew he lived there.

"So how do you know Katie?" Michael asked. He noticed her dancing with one of Kyle's old Basketball friends.

"She lives in the apartment too. She's actually the landlords daughter." Jennifer said, smiling.

"I see." Michael said.

They continued dancing. There was something about her that Michael liked. Something that reminded him of something. Then the thought of Maria popped into his mind. I shouldn't be thinking these things, he thought to himself. But Maria wasn't there. She was with Isabel. She didn't want to spend the evening with him so he should enjoy himself. He turned back to Jennifer and smiled. He knew he'd enjoy the rest of the night.

Part 8 | Index | Part 10
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.