FanFic - Other
"The Roswell Stories Episode 4: Enemy Exposed"
Part 1
by Chris Uecke
Disclaimer: All of these characters are the property of Jason Katims and Warner Bothers studios. No Copyright infringements are intended. And I would just like to thanks them for developing such a good show that inspires me to continue the story during the summer hiatus.
Summary: This is my version of what should take place starting next season. This is just part four in a longer Story Line. This story picks up with where Episode 3: A Stranger Among Us leaves off.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Opening Scene: Liz is sitting at the counter in the Crashdown Café while she is writing in her journal. There is no one else in the place.

Liz: As I have found through out my life, the one thing that you can never say is that things couldn’t get worse, because they could. Inevitably the moment that you say that it is a piece of cake is the exact moment that the floor falls out from under you. So, I have begun to change my outlook on things. I now hope for it to get better….

Scene: Liz and Maria are in the backroom of the Crashdown Café. Maria is meeting Liz before heading to school.

Maria: Okay, let me see if I’ve got this right. We are supposed to act like nothing is wrong?

Liz: Yes, Maria. We can’t let Tess know that we suspect her of anything. Because if she does know, then we may never figure out what’s going on with her.

Maria: Yeah, but this all still freaks me out.

Liz: Okay. First calm down, and second, we will all be doing our part, so we just need to act normal.

Maria: Act normal?

Liz: Yes, I know that’s going to be hard for you since you don’t know what normal is, but…

Maria: Ha. Ha. Very funny Liz.

Liz: Well, for now, we just need to try and keep an eye on her and watch for anything out of the ordinary.

Maria: Everything with that girl is out of the ordinary.

Liz: You know what I mean.

Maria: Okay, I’ll do it, but if you find me dead in a trash bin somewhere you’ll see that I told you.

Liz: Don’t you think that you are being a little overdramatic?

Maria: Maybe, or maybe just cautious. You can never be too over-cautious.

Liz: Well, if we don’t get going soon, we’ll be late for school, and then we’ll never know. Will we?

Maria: I guess, but I still wish we had a better plan.

Scene: In Max and Isabel’s Jeep. Max is driving and Isabel is in the passenger seat. Michael is in the back seat leaning between the two front seats talking to Max and Isabel.

Michael: So, what do you think all of this means?

Max: I don’t know. All I know is that Tess isn’t all she says that she is. I’m beginning to wonder if anything that she’s told us is true?

Isabel: What do you mean?

Max: Well for one thing, how come she didn’t tell us about the other call? Why is it that Nasedo, who she has no way of contacting, has suddenly been contacting her quite often lately? I may be no genius, but I would think that contacting her that much, would bring even more suspicion onto himself?

Isabel: So, what should we do?

Max: Like we all agreed. We’ll have to keep an eye on her. Try to figure out whatever we can.

Isabel: Okay, but don’t you think that one of us should try to talk to her, and try to see what information we can get out of her?

Michael: I’ll do it.

Max: No, I can’t let you Michael. It might be too dangerous.

Isabel: Max, I think that he’s right, but no matter what you say, you know that he’s going to do it anyway.

Max: All right, but be careful, and the moment that you find anything out, you let us know.

Michael: Okay.

Max: See if you can find out anything about Nasedo and where he might be.

Michael: Got you.

Max: And see if you can find anything out about that phone call.

Michael: Okay, hold on a second while I get a pen and paper to take all of this down.

Max: Very funny Michael. Just see what you can figure out, and let us know.

Isabel: Michael. Be careful. Something is just not right about that girl, and I just don’t trust her.

Michael: Don’t worry Isabel. I will be okay.

Isabel: And Max, you can’t just keep ignoring her. She’ll start to suspect something if you do.

Max: I know, but I can’t just start being friends with her either. That would be just as bad.

Isabel: I agree, but you need to find a common ground. I think you may have a better chance getting some information than any of us. She wants something from you, but what it is I just don’t know.

[They pull up to the school and park.]

Max: Well, we are here. Remember the plan and be careful.

Scene: They walk into school and run into Tess who is walking down the sidewalk and about to enter the school when she sees the three of them. She comes up behind them and walks up into the middle of them.

Tess: Morning.

Isabel: Oh, you scared me. Morning.

Michael: So, how are you doing today?

Tess: Good and you guys?

Max: Uh, we are fine.

Tess: Good to hear.

Michael: Okay, I’ve got to ask you something?

Tess: Uh, okay.

Max: See you guys later, here’s my class.

Isabel: I’ll see you all later.

Michael: Yeah, see you later.

Tess: Uh, bye.

[Max and Isabel leave, and Tess just watches them go, kind of suspiciously. But she is snapped out of it when Michael starts talking again.]

Michael: Okay, I’ve been practicing the “trick” some more and I think I’m starting to get the hang of it.

Tess: That’s good to hear. So, you are getting better control of your “Abilities”. But this is probably not the best time or place to talk about it.

Michael: I guess that you are right. How about coming to my place after school, we could work on it some more then.

Tess: Sounds good. How about 4:00?

Michael: That works for me. I don’t have work tonight, so I’ll see you then. You can then see how good I’ve gotten and then teach me some more new stuff.

Tess: It’s a date. Okay, well, not exactly a date, but you know what I mean.

Michael: Got you. See you then.

[They each go their own way to their class rooms. And the bell rings shortly after they leave causing them to run.]

Scene: At the school cafeteria during lunch. Max has just purchased his tray of food and if heading out to the tables outside. He sits at an empty table and shortly after he sits down, someone comes up from behind him and puts their hands over his eyes.

Tess: Guess who.

Max: Um, let’s see. Gandhi, no wait he’s dead. Jessica Rabbit, no she’s a cartoon. I’d have to say. Tess?

Tess: Well, it only took three guesses, not bad.

[She sits down next to him.]

Max: So, how are you doing today, Tess?

Tess: Good. And what about you?

Max: I’m doing fine, I guess.

Tess: That’s good, I thought something might be wrong.

Max: Why?

Tess: Because I haven’t seemed to see you around much lately.

Max: I’ve been busy with school work.

Tess: I know what you mean. It seems like they give us more each week.

Max: So, how is Michael coming along? I mean the last time I saw him, let’s just say, he was stronger than he thought.

Tess: He says that he’s coming along very well. I’m going over to work with him tonight. You should join us.

Max: I’ve got to meet my mother after school, but maybe some other time.

Tess: Yeah, you could benefit from this as well.

Max: Yeah. So, have you heard anything new from the “front”?

Tess: No, haven’t heard anything in the last few days.

[Liz walks by the table carrying a tray of food, and she just looks at the two of them before heading off to another table and sitting down to eat with Alex.]

Tess: That was a little cold.

Max: What do you mean?

Tess: I thought that things between the two of you were getting better?

Max: How do you mean?

Tess: I thought I saw you coming out of the Crashdown a few times.

Max: Oh… yeah. Well, I’ve tried to talk to her, but she is still kind of upset about all of this.

Tess: Well, maybe it’s for the best…

Scene: Alex, Maria and Liz sitting at one of the other tables, eating lunch while keeping an eye on the table that Max and Tess are sitting at. Liz is just sitting down to join them.

Alex: So, have you noticed anything Liz?

Liz: About what?

Maria: Earth to Liz. About Tess.

Liz: Uh, no. Nothing.

[You can tell that she is a little worried about Tess being at the table with Max. Every so often casting a glance in their direction.]

Alex: Well, I haven’t noticed her doing anything, but it seems like she has been keeping an eye on me more lately. Have either one of you noticed it?

Maria: Yeah, me too. How about you Liz? Liz?

Liz: Uh… No. I mean, yeah, me too.

Alex: I’ve found that on several occasions I have left someplace to find her not that far away. Almost like she was spying on me.

Maria: Do you think she suspects anything?

Alex: I don’t know, but for one thing, I think that we need to watch our backs as well as Max, Michael, and Isabel’s.

Liz: Do you think that we are in any kind of danger?

Alex: I don’t know, but it never hurts to be cautious.

Maria: See, I’m not the only one.

Liz: Okay, so we will stick to the plan. One of us will try to keep an eye out for her.

Alex: Agreed.

Maria: Me too, but we should keep an eye out for each other too.

Liz: Okay, Agreed.

Alex: Yeah, count me in.

Scene: After School at Michael’s apartment. He is there a little anxious and he looks up at the clock and sees that it is about 4:00 and he places the cup he was holding in his hand down on the corner. There is a knock on the door and he goes to answer it. He opens the door to find Tess outside it. He let’s er in and closes the door behind her.

Michael: Right on time.

Tess: Always.

[They both laugh at that.]

Tess: Okay. So, let’s see where you are now.

Michael: Well, like I’ve said, I’ve been practicing quite a bit lately. Okay watch.

[He goes over to the counter where the cup is sitting and starts to concentrate, and the cup suddenly moves to the right about six inches.]

Tess: Much better, Michael. I can see that you have been really practicing.

Michael: Yeah, I’ve gotten much better at it.

Tess: Okay, now lets see you pick it up.

[Michael goes over and grabs the cup.]

Michael: That’s was the easiest one yet.

Tess: Very funny.

[She grabs the cup from his hand and sets it back on the counter. Then she starts to concentrate and the cup rises a few inches off the counter and then settles back into place.]

Tess: Now try that.

Michael: That was amazing. Okay, here goes nothing.

[He concentrates, and starts to watch the cup. It starts to wobble a little before rising just enough to fall over.]

Tess: Not bad for a first try. At least it didn’t hit the ceiling.

Michael: Oh, ha, ha.

[Michael goes and sets the cup back up and tries again.]

Michael: So, have you heard anything from Nasedo lately? Max mentioned something about you telling him that we need to be careful.

Tess: Yeah. I got a message from him a while ago saying that he thought that someone maybe on to him and us, and that we needed to be careful.

Michael: What do you think that he meant by that?

Tess: That we may have to be prepared to leave soon.

Michael: That shouldn’t be a problem for me, but Max and Isabel are a whole other story. No one would notice if I left, but the two of them…

Tess: That’s why I’m hoping it’s not too soon, that way they can get better prepared to go.

Michael: Well, other than that, what else did Nasedo have to say.

Tess: Oh, nothing really. Just be ready for anything.

Michael: Okay.

[Michael can tell she’s hiding something. Tess looks down at her watch.]

Tess: Well, I’ve got to get going. You keep practicing and in no time you’ll be teaching me.

Michael: Yeah, that will be the day. Bye.

Tess: Bye.

[She leaves ,and Michael turns back to the cup and it tips over again.]

Scene: Outside Michael’s apartment. Tess is just walking down the stairs as Alex and Maria are about to walk around the corner. Maria is in her work uniform. They notice her leave, and duck back around the corner before she can see them. Tess turns away from them and walks down the street. They begin to follow her and she goes down an alleyway looking to see if anyone is looking, and when she sees that no one is, she turns down the alleyway and walks into it. Alex and Maria hurry to the corner of the alley, and peer around the corner enough to see her in it.

Maria: [Whispering] Liz is going to kill me.

Alex: [Whispering] Shhh.

Maria: [Whispering] What is she doing?

Alex: [Whispering] Nothing. Oh wait, she’s making a phone call.

Maria: [Whispering] Can you make out what she’s saying?

Alex: [Whispering] No. I left my bionic ear at home.

[Maria just hits him in the shoulder.]

Alex: [Whispering] Okay, she’s off the phone now.

Maria: [Whispering] And?

Alex: [Whispering] And that’s it. Oh wait a second.

[A black car drives up the alley from the other direction and stops next to her. She opens the door and gets in.]

Alex: [Whispering] Okay, a car has picked her up.

Maria: [Whispering] A car?

Alex: [Whispering] Uh, oh. Back up. Back up now. They are coming this way.

[The two of them back up and hide in a doorway of one of the apartment building. The car pulls out of the alley and drives off.]

Maria: Okay. What do you make of that?

Alex: I don’t know, but I do know it can’t be good.

Maria: Okay, you get the others and tell them to meet Liz and me after the Crashdown closes.

Alex: All right.

[They both head off in different directions.]

Scene: The Crashdown Café. Liz is there and trying to take care of all the tables alone. She’s filling coffee at one table, runs to another to take an order, and then goes to put the order in, when Maria enter the restaurant.

Liz: Maria. Where have you been?

Maria: Come here, you won’t believe it.

Liz: But the customers.

[Maria grabs her arm and pulls her into the back room.]

Liz: Okay, what’s so important it couldn’t wait?

Maria: Well, I was on my way to work when me and Alex saw something.

Liz: Okay. I’m going to need more information than that.

Maria: Well, we were walking by Michael’s when we saw Tess leaving it.

Liz: And?

Maria: Well, she was looking kind of suspicious, so we followed her?

Liz: So, where did you follow her to?

Maria: Well, she walked down the street for a bit then when she came to an alley way, she looked around to make sure she wasn’t being watched and then she went into the alleyway.

Liz: And?

Maria: And then she got on her phone and made a call. The shortly later a car pulled up and she got in.

Liz: Did you recognize the car or who was driving?

Maria: No, Alex and I ducked into a corner and hid. All we could see was that it was a black car with no markings or plates.

Liz: What do you think was in it?

Maria: I don’t know, but you can be sure it’s not good.

Liz: We’ve got to tell the others.

Maria: That’s okay. Alex is going to get them to meet us here after closing.

[The door to the backroom opens and the cook comes in.]

Cook: The crowd is starting to get restless out there.

Liz: Thanks. Maria, We’ll talk about this more after closing.

[They all leave the back room to help the tables.]

Scene: Later at the Crashdown. They are closed and Liz and Maria are cleaning up after the day’s business. Max, Michael, Isabel and Alex are sitting at one of the tables waiting for them. Liz’s father is sitting at the counter Adding up the day’s totals, and is just finishing up.

Mr. Parker: Okay, that’s it Liz. Now you guys don’t stay up too late.

Liz: Don’t worry dad, we won’t be long. Just a little study session for tomorrow's test.

Mr. Parker: Well, I will see you later then. Night all.

All: Night.

[He Leaves. And goes to the house upstairs. Liz and Maria wait until they are sure that he is upstairs before putting down what they were working on and heading over to the table to join the others.]

Alex: Okay, I’ve already told them what me and Maria saw earlier.

Liz: So, what do you guys make out of it.

Michael: It could be Nasedo, but why would he be here. Plus how did she contact him, if she has no way to do so.

Alex: Well, she definitely made a call to someone and then the car came to meet her. So, I’d have to say that she’s lying about being able to contact Nasedo, or else it’s someone else.

Isabel: Yeah, but who?

Alex: I wish I knew.

Michael: And you didn’t catch the plates of the car or anything that would help to figure out where it came from or went?

Alex: Nope. Nothing.

Maria: Yeah, the car didn’t have any plates, that much I was able to see. A black car with darkened windows. That’s about all we could see.

Max: Michael. What did you get out of Tess today?

Michael: All I can tell you is that she seems kind of nervous about something. I asked her about Nasedo, but it seemed like she wasn’t telling me everything. Almost like she couldn’t remember what she told you and wanted to make sure that she didn’t tell me something else. I could be reading into it, but I don’t think so. The other thing. She kept looking at her watch almost like she had to be somewhere. That’s why she left.

Max: Okay, so we know she was meant to meet the person, but we don’t know who that person is. I’m sure that something is up. So, for now, lets try to keep our distance from her with out bringing on too much attention to ourselves.

Isabel: But what should we do if we run into her?

Maria: Yeah.

Max: Well, try to act like you know nothing about this. The last thing we want to do is let her know that we are on to her. Agreed?

All: Yes.

[The Camera switches to an outside view. As the camera pulls back we find Tess standing across the street watching what is going on inside the restaurant. The camera fades to black.]

Scene: In an alley across the street from the Crashdown Café. Tess is here and she is on the phone with the mysterious person again.

Tess: Yes, things have gotten worse.

I mean that we need to take action soon.

I think someone may have seen us together earlier today.

They are all together in the Crashdown right now.

No, no I can’t.

I think we may need to take out a little insurance policy.

Yes, I agree.

No, I can do it, just meet me outside the UFO center as soon as you can. I’ve got a plan.

[She hangs up the phone and goes back to watching the six of them in the Crashdown.]

Scene: Inside the Crashdown Café. Everyone has just left and Liz is busy straightening up the table they were sitting at as well as some dishes that were left on the counter. She is startled by a knock on the door.

Liz: Oh my, you scared me.

Tess: Can I come in?

Liz: We are closed right now.

Tess: It’s important. I need to talk to you.

Liz: It’s kind of late, and I need to get to bed for school tomorrow. Can’t we talk tomorrow?

Tess: No, it’s really important.

[Liz is scared and acts like she can hear someone calling from upstairs.]

Liz: No dad, I’m almost done I’ll be right up. Tess …

[She turns around to talk to Tess but she sees Tess put her hand to the lock on the door, and it opens itself.]

Liz: I really think that tomorrow would be better.

Tess: But this can’t wait.

Liz: Okay, what can’t wait.

Tess: You see, you are standing in the way.

Liz: In the way of what?

[Starts to back away from Tess as she walks towards her.]

Tess: Of Max’s destiny. He’s meant to be with me. We have a purpose to fulfill.

Liz: I haven’t done anything. Max makes his own decisions.

Tess: But what you don’t see, is that I have other intentions for Max and the others.

Liz: What kind of other intentions?

Tess: Well, let’s just say their abilities were meant for a higher cause.

Liz: We know that. We’ve all seen the message.

Tess: Well, then you understand why I can’t let you stand in the way of that.

Liz: What do you mean? What are you…

[At that moment someone from behind places a small towel over Liz’s nose and mouth and she passes out. The camera fades to black.]

Scene: Alex is walking home from the Crashdown, when he suddenly realizes he forgot something there.

Alex: Oh man, my math book.

[He turns around and heads back to the Crashdown, hoping that Liz hasn’t gone to bed yet, but as he rounds the corner he sees the black car from earlier parked outside the Crashdown. He sees Tess and someone else carrying Liz out and throwing her in the back seat of the car and get in an drive away. He races after the car but can not catch up. He starts to slow down trying to figure out what he needs to do. Then turns and runs back in the other direction.]

Scene: Max’s bedroom. Max has just laid down on his bed and is staring at the ceiling think about everything that is going on. He is suddenly startled by a pounding on his window. He jumps up and runs to open it. He finds Alex outside it.

Max: Quiet, or else you’ll get my parents up here.

Alex: This is important.

Max: Okay, what is it?

[Alex helps him into his room through the window, when his door suddenly opens and Isabel is at it.]

Isabel: Mom said for you to keep it down up here. What are…

[She sees Alex.]

Isabel: Alex, what’s wrong?

Alex: [Catching his breath] I, I was going back to the Crashdown to get my book, when I saw Tess and the stranger kidnapping Liz.

Max: What? Did you get a look at them? Are you sure it was Tess?

Alex: Yes. It was Tess, and the person who was with her wasn’t Nasedo, at least in any form that I would recognize.

Isabel: What did they do?

Alex: All I saw was them carrying her out to the car. She looked unconscious, and they threw her in the car that Maria and I saw earlier.

Max: Did you get the number or anything?

Alex: No, it had no plates, but it was a black Dodge Diplomat, you know the old cop cars, and it had darkly tinted windows. Other than that I can say anything about the car.

Isabel: Max. What should we do.

Max: Okay, Isabel, you go tell mom and dad that I’m already in bed, and that you are going to bed now, then meet me out at the Jeep in fifteen minutes. Alex.

Alex: Yeah.

Max: You go get Maria and me Isabel and me at Michael's in a half an hour.

Alex: Okay.

Isabel: I hope that she’s okay.

Max: She is, I would know otherwise. Okay, let’s go.

Scene: Michael’s apartment. Max and Isabel are already there, and they are anxiously awaiting the others to arrive. After a minute the door opens and Alex and Maria walk through the door. You can tell that Maria is really worried.

Maria: What are we going to do?

Max: First, calm down. We’ll get her back safe. They are using her to get something that they want from us. We just need to figure out what that is.

Isabel: What could she want?

Alex: Well, I’d have to say that it is Max, but the bigger questions is what for. I think that we are over our heads on this one. We are going to need help.

Michael: I agree. But we also need to find out where they have taken her.

Max: Alright, here’s what we’ll do. Michael, you and Maria go to Tess’s house and see if you can find out anything there. Alex and Isabel, you guys head over to the Crashdown and see if you can find anything there that can help. But keep it quiet, I don’t want to alarm her parents. Be as quiet at possible.

Alex: Got you.

Isabel: But what are you going to do?

Max: I’m going to call in a favor.

Maria: What do you mean by that?

Max: I’m going to go to Valenti.

Michael: Are you sure that’s the best idea?

Max: We need his help. He’s got the manpower to be able to find that vehicle. So, now that everyone knows what we need to do, lets go. Keep in touch by cell phone should you find anything.

[They start to leave, and Max turns to Maria.]

Max: Don’t worry. We’ll get her back safe and sound.

Maria: I don’t doubt that, but at what cost?

Max: Let us worry about that when the time comes, but for now, let’s just find her.

Scene: Liz starts to wake up. She finds herself in a dark room and she is tied to a chair. It takes a minute for her eyes to adjust to the light, bat as she does she finds that she is in some basement, and there is little light in the room. She starts to hear some voices from behind her. She can make out that one of them is Tess, but she can not make out who the other voice belongs to.

Tess: They will have no choice.

Man: But can we trust them?

Tess: As long as we have her as our bargaining chip they will have to.

Man: Max is the key, we can not do this with out him.

Tess: I’m upset that it has come to this, but unfortunately it looks like we will have to do things the hard way.

Man: You had better be right about this.

Tess: You will see.

[The camera focuses on Liz’s face and we can see that she is really scared now. Then the camera fades to black.]

Part 0 | Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.