Fanfic - Other Roswell Stories
"Exchange Your Love"
Part 2
by SilverStar01
Disclaimer: I don't own anything of Roswell.
Summary: Max and Tess are bonding as an exchange student sweeps Liz off her feet.
Category: Other Roswell Stories
Rating: PG-13
Author's Note: This story is based on some of my personal experiences. Feedback is greatly appreciated!
The sun streaming through the windows shone on Maria's face, blinding her from the chalkboard. She casually tapped her pen on her notebook while their science teacher started reviewing the Periodic Chart of Elements. Maria yawned and looked over at Liz who seemed to be completely mesmerized by the lesson. You could tell that she was memorizing everything that Ms. Reznitsky was saying. Why she would do that, was beyond Maria.

"All right, I'm going to hand out the your assignment papers, which will be due a week from today. Remember, this assignment is crucial for your end of the year mark, so take time in it, and don't leave it to the last minute." Ms. Reznitsky said, looking directly in Michael Guerin's direction. He smirked and nodded from the back of the room.

"Ugh. Why does he think he's so cool all the time?" Maria asked, turning away from Michael.

"I don't know, maybe since he's a Czechoslovakian, I guess he thinks everything in the human world comes easy to him." Liz replied, not looking up from the assignment sheets that were just passed to her. "Did you know that if we fail this assignment, we'll fail the course?" Liz asked, not one bit surprised.

"No. But that's no problem right? I mean, since my best friend in the entire world is a science geek?" Maria hinted.

"No, Maria. Not this time. The last time I did your assignment for you, I had barely enough time to do my own. And besides, you won't learn anything from me doing all your work for you." Liz said, finally looking up. Maria could do nothing but make a No-Duh look.

The dismissal bell rang and both Liz and Maria got up from their seats and headed towards the door, when Michael walked into them.

"Michael, watch where you're going." Maria said, a little to harshly.

"Well sorry Maria, but not everyone has all the time in the world to walk through a door you know." Michael snapped back, his cold eyes staring at her.

"For your information, buddy, we're in much of a hurry as you are, so don't make conclusions about people, especially me!" Maria half-yelled, anger streaming through her.

"Okay, guys, let's just get to our next class and forget about this." Liz said, walking passed them as both Maria and Michael continued on with their staring contest.

"Whatever." Michael said, and turned away, walking down the hall.

"Okay, what was that?" Liz asked Maria who started walking towards her.

"Oh, nothing. Just Mr. Big Ego over there has no emotions and concerns for other people, that's all." Maria said flatly, looking straight ahead.

"Another fight?" Liz asked.

"Well, it wouldn't be the first time, now would it? I mean, how can it be so hard to show a little common courtesy and not make a fool of yourself?" Maria said, not understanding why everything has to be so hard.

"Guess your date Sunday wasn't so great huh?" Liz asked, turning around the corner.

"No. He completely embarrassed me, and at a restaurant!" Angry and upset, Maria finally looked away from the floor and saw Damion walking down from the other end of the hallway and turn, into his English class. "Well, just cause I have bad luck in relationships, doesn't mean we both should." Maria said, nodding her head towards where Damion was.

"Maria, I'll see you later." Liz said, wanting to get away before Maria decided to do something that they both will regret.

"Okay, but your boy toy is awaiting your appearance." Maria said mockingly, walking farther down the hall, looking back and making a face.

"He's not my boy toy!" Liz yelled back, before turning into the class. At the sight of Damion, sitting there by the window made Liz's stomach flutter. She drew in a deep breath and walked towards her seat, where she caught the sight of Max, sitting on the other side of the room, reading.

"Why does this only happen to me?" Liz asked herself before taking her seat, which was directly in between the both of them. She took out her notebook and out of the corner of her eye, she saw Damion looking at her. He got up and walked over to her, smiling.

"Hey, Liz. Thanks for those notes, Mr. Sturnberg was happy that you could help me get caught up." Damion explained, his accent hypnotizing her.

"No problem. I didn't need them for much anyway." Liz said, smiling back. A hot feeling swarmed over her as she felt Max watching her. She started to blush but continued talking to Damion, who sat down in the seat next to her. They were really getting into a good conversation when the tardy bell rang, and Mr. Sturnberg walked in.

On cue, Damion got back up and took his seat by the window. Liz watched him for a while and then turned her attention to Max, who immediately looked away, and pretended to read his book. Liz gave out a soft sigh and smiled to herself. This could get better after all.

Part 1 | Index | Part 3
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.