FanFic - Other
"Fallen Angels"
"Discussions, Arguments, and Revelations"
Part 2c
by Cotti
Disclaimer: Not mine, I can only play :)
Summary: A new take on Max, Isabel, and Michael's origins.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
2c: Revealing Secrets of the Past

Maria pulled Katie into the employee lounge and shut the door. "Ok, how the hell do I know the name Ria, and why are you calling me that?"

"Calm, Ria," she said solidly. "Ok, you know the name, because it's yours."

"No, I'm MA-Ria," she said stubbornly.

"Hush then, and listen," Katie murmured, a silver light glowed from the tip of her finger, and pressed it to Maria's forehead. A soft rush of air filled the room and for a moment Maria thought that Katie's hair had grown, and it shimmered like it was silver.

"Now," Katie sighed, her green eyes hypnotizing the small blonde before her. "You are Ria, one of the transcendent few that will free the beautiful ones. I am the keeper, only three remain, and I am they. You know this, but you don't know it yet. Not until the time comes."

Maria nodded, as if it were the most natural thing in the world, "Yes, of course, until the time comes you are the keeper of the beautiful ones, and I am not their salvation."

"Not yet," Katie smiled, and felt fine tears shimmering in her eyes. "But you will be, Ria, you will be their messiah…" Maria smiled. "Time to forget?" she asked sadly.

"Time to forget, but only for a while, I promise, Ria…" she kissed the girl's forehead and the silver glow that had surrounded them dissipated and they both felt a small sense of loss. "You asked about Michael, and neither of us had enough time to talk, so I'm meeting you later to bond, right?"

"Of course," Maria smiled, "better get back to work though, right Katydid?"

"Right, need any help?"

"I'm good Katydid, thanks. Keep him well?" Katie smiled, "an actress you're not, Ria my love."

"Hush now, Katydid, go back to them, eh?" she laughed and the returned into the main part of the café.

"Kay Ria, I'll meet you tonight then?" Katie called over her shoulder as she moved back to the three aliens. "Miss me?" she grinned, sipping her drink.

"Like a hole in the head," Michael muttered.

"Don't be a jerk, Michael," Maria said with a smile as she set down the three plates of food. "Your surprise, Katydid," she grinned, setting a caramel sundae, whipped cream and a cherry on top.

"Thanky, Ria, you're a doll. I simply adore caramel sundaes," she grinned.

"Of course you do Katydid," Maria said enigmatically, and both Isabelle and Katie laughed, while Michael and Max were left to watch the girls curiously.

"Katydid?" Max asked eventually, wondering at the nickname.

"You'll learn it in time, Maxie," Katie said with a smile as she took another bite of her sundae. She looked down at her watch and nearly choked. "Shit!" she muttered, looking dolefully at the ice cream, before pushing it over to Michael. "I gotta go," she said hurriedly, dropping a few bills on the table, she looked at Michael and grinned. "Waste a drop of it and I swear I'll kill you…" she laughed and jogged out the door.

"That was…" Max said softly, watching the strange girl go.

"Odd?" Michael provided. Isabelle laughed wildly, tears touching her eyes.

"No, that's classic!" she chortled, wiping her eyes, "simply Katie at her best!"

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 3a
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.