FanFic - Other
"Fallen Angels"
"The Fate of the Messiah"
Part 6a
by Cotti
Disclaimer: Not mine, I can only play :)
Summary: A new take on Max, Isabel, and Michael's origins.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
6a: Crystal Blood

Isabel was the first to notice the crystals scattering the floor where Maria's blood has just been. "Michael?" she asked, warily, backing away from the red shards the seemed to be everywhere.

"What?"

"Look," she pointed to the floor and her nearly dropped the bandage in his hand.

"Christ, what the hell is that?" he asked, regaining his composure and continued to wrap Maria's wrist, the wounds had stopped bleeding, but there was still risk of infection.

"Crystals," Isabel said, picking one up carefully, "her blood crystallized!" she smashed the shard in her hand on the floor to demonstrate.

"We have to find her, if they know what she is, then she'll be treated like a worthless piece of meat!" Maria exclaimed, worry overtaking her.

"You first," Isabel said, "I'll call Max, Liz and Alex and have them meet me here. Michael, try and heal her."

"But Izzy," he began, before the blonde cut him off.

"No buts, Michael, I remember you used to be able to do it, so don't waste the memories she gave you."

"Izzy!" Michael called after the blonde who had hurried out of the room, trying to hide her grief at losing a friend before she had even fully remembered her.

Michael looked at Maria, who frowned, looking at her wrists.

"Can you do it?" she asked quietly, looking up at him with terrified eyes, child's eyes.

He nodded, "I think so."

"Then hurry, I don't want her to have to stay there any longer than she has to."

Michael nodded, placing his hand on her right wrist, closing his eyes and concentrating on stitching bones, tissues, and muscles back together. Gentle pressure and deep warmth filled her as she opened herself to him, letting him see whatever he wanted to see.

And he saw.

He saw a perfect little girl crying herself to sleep after her father left, he saw that same girl grow up, playing equal parts mother and child, spending weekends with her best friend because he mother was always away. He saw her meet him, and felt her affection for the odd little boy with the strange hair.

But then it was all over; silver handprint the only evidence that the exchange had even occurred.

He repeated the action on her other wrist, and Isabel returned.

"Max and Liz are on their way."

"We'll have to tell them something."

"How about the truth?" Michael suggested, looking around the room.

"We can't," Maria sighed, "none of us even remember Max. What will we say? 'Gee we were somehow reborn from another age and we know you were there, but don't remember you. Now we need you to come help us save our keeper from that Topolsky bitch who knows at least half of the story we're not allowed to clue you in on,' I don't think so."

"Well, I wouldn't exactly put it that way," Michael said slowly, realizing her point.

Isabel shot him a look. "We'll tell them she's an alien too," she sighed, rolling her eyes, "he knows she has some sort of power, it's not that far fetched that Topolsky found out and caught her."

"That's good. Great, he'll be pissed off that we didn't tell him she was an alien." Michael frowned, shaking his head.

"Well then let him," Isabel sighed, "I just want my friend back."

Max and Liz arrived shortly, having had to walk from the Crashdown.

"So what's this all about?" Alex asked, as they hurried them over to the jeep.

The six of them piled into the car, Isabel sliding behind the wheel.

"You know that new girl, Katie?" Maria asked, clutching tightly to the four shards and the star of the past in her hand, she could sense if they were going the wrong way or not, as they seemed to thrum beneath her fingertips the closer they got.

"Sure, the one from like, everywhere, right?" Alex provided for Liz's vacant look.

"Yeah, that her," Isabel smiled, fighting back her wild emotions. "Turns out the little girl from everywhere is really from…" she trailed off, forcing herself not to say 'the past.

"Everywhere," Michael laughed bitterly.

"What?" Max looked confused, "Michael make sense."

"She's like us, Max," Isabel snapped, almost viciously.

"You mean she's an alien?" Liz asked softly, confused.

"A sloppy alien with immense power," Michael continued, it was true enough, the girl was most certainly not human, she wasn't careful, and she had incredible power.

"So where are we going and what does a sloppy alien with immense power have to do with it?" Alex asked, already aware of the answer.

"Topolsky got her." Michael said stonily, looking out at the highway that stretched out ahead of them.

"And how do you plan on finding her?" Max asked, and it sounded as if he almost didn't want to help the girl. "I mean Topolsky didn't leave a calling card did she?"

"No, no calling card, Max," Maria said sarcastically, "just these." She held out the precious pieces of the crystal guardedly.

"Those are from the crystal," Max said softly, staring at the shards in amazement, "those, they belonged to you," he motioned to the white ring and the necklace, "that was Michael's," and then his eyes fell on the crystal lily of the valley. "And that was my Katie's, wasn't it?"

Michael looked shocked, Isabel wore a mask of emotionless stoicism, and Maria nodded, smiling."Remember, Max," she prodded gently, "please?"

"None of us can," Michael murmured, "not all of it."

"Not without you," Isabel whispered, and the raw emotion that was held within the three words drove Max into memory, lost for too long. Buried within himself.

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 6b
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.