Fanfic - Other Roswell Stories
"Freaks and Geeks of Roswell"
Part 13
by Kari
Disclaimer: I don't own Roswell, all right belong to UPN and Melinda Metz. No infringement intended.
Summary: What happens when a dare goes too far? Who will get hurt?
Category: Other Roswell Stories
Rating: PG-13
For the next week Max tried his hardest to get Liz to open up to him, but she was making it perfectly clear that she wanted to be his friend, and nothing more.

They'd both been having more of the flashed as Max called them, or dreams as Liz called them. All of the flashes involved just the two of them, out in the desert. They always kissed, but were also always interrupted, usually because one of them was startled by someone or something int the real world, breaking the connection between them that neither knew existed.

Meanwhile, Isabel and Alex were growing closer. Isabel swore to herself that she'd never let Alex know about her dare to go out with him-she'd come to like him too much, and didn't want him to think their relationship wasn't real, because it was.

As all of this was going on, Michael and Maria continued to do their little espionage spy things. They followed Liz and Alex at school, but never heard or saw something to prove their suspicions that they were enemies. Although Maria and Michael hadn't talked about it, they were getting sick of spying and had both pretty much given up on the enemy idea.

Ever since the night at the bowling alley, Kyle and Tess couldn't stop thinking of each other. Kyle kept thinking of the way Tess had gotten so defensive and angry…and hot. He'd even surprised himself by punching another guy on the track team who had said she looked like a gerbil. Tess kept thinking of the way Kyle had apologized and acted nervous around her. She thought it was just really cute.

Maybe it was something in the water or some weird astrological thing, but whatever the reason, Liz decided to do something she'd never imagined doing. Tess also decided to do something…but what she did, she'd imagined doing very often…

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"A Spring Fling Dance," read Michael, looking at the flyer above the boy's locker room door. "Maria'll probably want to drag me to the gay thing. What about you?" he asked Max.

"Gee, I don't know," said Max sarcastically. "Liz is going through this whole weird denial thing about the way she feels, and you and my sister are just being soooo supportive of me."

Michael looked at Max sheepishly. "Uh, actually, I wanted to talk to you about that. I was…uh, wrong. And I'm…sorry."

Michael had whispered the word sorry, then looked around to see if anyone else had heard him apologize.

"Well, thanks," said Max. "And don't worry, Michael. No one heard you-gasp-apologize to me." Max laughed and headed into the locker room to get ready for gym class, contemplating how he could get Liz to go with him to the dance.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Michael, you ARE taking me to Spring Fling Dance!" stated Maria.

"Why?"

"Why?! Why? Because we are a couple….er, well, we're something…and I want to go. So you're taking me!"

"Yeah, well, I uh, don't dance well."

"I know. That's why I'm going to teach you." She grabbed Michael's hand and pulled him off the couch, where he was reclining. She turned on the radio and tried to show him some basic moves. Which, of course, he just couldn't contemplate.

Part 12 | Index | Part 14
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.