Fanfic - Other Roswell Stories
"Freaks and Geeks of Roswell"
Part 17
by kari
Disclaimer: I don't own Roswell, all right belong to UPN and Melinda Metz. No infringement intended.
Summary: What happens when a dare goes too far? Who will get hurt?
Category: Other Roswell Stories
Rating: PG-13
Alex and Liz walked home together, wishing they were old enough to drive a car. Liz noticed Alex giving her weird looks all the way home. Finally, when they reached the front doors of the Crashdown, Liz said, "Alex, what is it? Why do you keep looking at me like that? You think I'm crazy, don't you?"

"I don't know what I think, Liz. I mean…now that we've done this, my relationship with Isabel is pretty much shot. I don't how to feel about you right now Liz. I need to think about this. Let's get inside and get some sleep."

Liz followed Alex inside and up to the apartment above the Café. They had the luck of not running into their parents on the way to their rooms. Liz went into her room and quickly got out of her dress and jumped into the shower. She needed to wash away some of her thoughts and bothers. She didn't want to admit it, but she still did love Max. Even if he was an alien…he would always be her soul mate. As she shampooed her hair, tears started to slip down her face. She brushed them away and got out of the shower, putting on her pajamas and her bathrobe.

As she was leaving the bathroom, Alex saw her. "Liz? Were you crying?" Alex ran to her side and wrapped his arms around her shoulders, leading her to his room. "Liz, what is it? You can tell me."

"Thank you Alex. I…I'm in love with Max. And I…I'm scared of him, but I feel bad…cause I must have really hurt him. And uncle Jim…what is he going to do to them? I wasn't…wasn't thinking straight."

"Liz, I love Isabel. I don't know what will happen to our relationships or to them because of Valenti. Let's just go to sleep and worry about this in the morning." He kissed her forehead and walked her back to her room.

"Alex, what would I do without a brother like you?"

"You'd be a total wreck," he said teasingly. "Goodnight Liz."

"Goodnight." Liz shut her door behind Alex and grabbed her journal. She climbed out her window onto her balcony and lighted a few candles. She sat down in her favorite chair and started to write. Soon she was lost in her words and thoughts, frantically trying to get them down on the paper before the next one took over her muddled mind.

This is May 24, and I'm Liz Parker. Tonight my whole life was changed. I am in love. But that's not the really big thing. I think that I've known that in the back of my mind for a while now. It's the boy that I'm in love with that is a big deal. See, he's not from around here. He's an alien. No, he's not a short little green man with big black eyes and antennas. He looks like a normal person. Tonight at the Spring Fling Dance (Roswell High's version of the prom) we kissed. This was like, the most mind blowing kiss in the whole history of kisses. And I saw things. You know how sometimes people say they saw fireworks? Well, this was far beyond that. I saw a UFO crashing in the desert. I saw Max and his sister Maria being adopted. I saw them using their powers to fly a kite. I freaked out and fainted. When I came back to reality he explained to me that Maria, Isabel, Michael, and him were aliens from the '47 crash. They had lived in some type of incubation pods before they 'hatched.' I know…it's hard to believe. But I believe it. I told Alex and we told our uncle, the sheriff. I was so scared. I didn't what else to do. And now…now I'm terrified. For Max…for Maria, Isabel, and Michael too. Because uncle Jim might do some really horrible things to them. I'm going to go now, but I doubt I'll sleep much tonight.

Liz blew out the flames on the candles and climbed back into her room. She hid her journal and threw herself down on her bed. The tears came again. This time though, she didn't try to stop them. Eventually she cried herself to sleep.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Max, Maria, Michael, Isabel, Kyle, and Tess had the limo drive them all home. Kyle seemed very confused as to where his cousins were and why they were leaving so early, but he kept his questions to himself. Max and Maria were the last ones to leave the limo. They crept up to their rooms, avoiding their parents and the inevitable questions they would have.

Maria looked at Max as he was about to go into his room. "Max, we'll be ok. Let's just pack up some stuff and get to the cave. We'll be ok as long as we're all together."

Max nodded and went into his room. He changed into a pair of jeans and a teeshirt and threw some stuff in a bag so his parents wouldn't get suspicious. He left a note in his room saying that he and Maria were going to sleep over at a friend's house and would be back sometime tomorrow. He headed downstairs and out the door. He warmed up the jeep. Maria hopped in and they headed for Michael and Isabel's house. He stopped outside their house and waited. They both came running out and threw their stuff in the jeep. Max headed for the cave in the desert. None of them had been there in a long time, and they were all thinking the same thing. This could be the last time they would ever see the cave again.

Part 16 | Index | Part 18
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.