Fanfic - Other Roswell Stories
"Freaks and Geeks of Roswell"
Part 18
by kari
Disclaimer: I don't own Roswell, all right belong to UPN and Melinda Metz. No infringement intended.
Summary: What happens when a dare goes too far? Who will get hurt?
Category: Other Roswell Stories
Rating: PG-13
Max led the group into the cave, where they all threw down their bags and got out pillows and blankets from where they stored them. They always kept supplies in the cave in case they would need them.

"I'm scared," whimpered Maria. "What if Valenti finds us? What will he do to us?"

"Shh," said Michael comfortingly. "Let's not think of that." He hugged her to him protectively. Then he saw that Isabel looked scared too. "Come here, sis," he said, hugging Isabel too.

Max was pacing back and forth, obviously very upset. "Maxwell, will you stop it?" asked Michael.

"I can't…I can't sit still now." Max continued to pace back and forth. Finally Maria and Isabel used their powers to force Max into a sitting position. "Ok, I get it," said Max angrily.

The four of them sat in silence, not sure of what to say to each other. Eventually, they all began to fall asleep.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Valenti pulled on his jacket and grabbed his gun off of his desk. He checked to make sure it was fully loaded and then stuck it in the holster. He grabbed the keys to the truck and walked out of the police station. For now he was going to try to find the kids on his own. When he found them he'd call Hanson for backup…but the FBI wasn't getting involved unless it was absolutely necessary. This was his chance to be in the papers, no one would take this from him.

He climbed into the truck and headed for one of the most obvious places, the Evans home. He pulled into their driveway, noting that there were no lights on in the house. He walked up to the front door and rang the doorbell. He heard shuffling and muttering approaching the door. It swung open to reveal a very sleepy Mr. Evans.

"Yes, sheriff? How can I help you?"

"Just wondering if your kids got home safe tonight. There was, uh, some trouble down at the high school."

"What kind of trouble? Nothing Max and Maria would be involved in, I'm sure."

"Just some kids with beer, got a little out of hand. Would you mind going to check if the kids are safe in their beds? In fact, could you have them come down here and talk to me?"

"What? Sheriff, it's 3 o'clock in the morning…can't this wait until later in the morning?"

"No, I'm sorry. I need to talk to your kids."

"All right," said Mr. Evans, shuffling back into the house to go wake up Max and Maria. He went to Maria's room first, but say no one in the bed. He shuffled over to Max's room and also saw no one in the bed, but there was a note. He went back down to the front door, holding the note. "I'm sorry, Sheriff, it appears that they went to sleep over at some friends."

"Could I ask who?"

"The Guerins. Why is this so important? Did my kids do something illegal?"

"No, but I really need to talk to them. They have some, uh, information that could help me. I'm sorry to bother you. Goodnight Mr. Evans."

"Yeah, goodnight," said Mr. Evans, slamming the door shut angrily. Valenti got back in his truck and drove the few blocks to the Guerin house. He got out and rang the doorbell. A grouchy man named Hank came to the door.

"Whatcha want Jim?"

"I need to talk to your kids and the Evans kids."

"What? Sheriff, they're all over at the Evans house."

"Hm…cause Mr. Evans showed me a note written by Max saying he and Maria were here for the night."

"Well, they ain't here. And I'd appreciate you letting me get to sleep now, Sheriff." He slammed the door shut in Valenti's face. Valenti got back in his truck and decided to drive around the town to look for the teenagers.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Alex tossed and turned. He had a pounding headache. He slowly got out of bed and ambled towards the bathroom to get some pain killers for his headache. He got in the bathroom and the light turned on. Alex blinked in surprise. He hadn't touched the light switch…

Then the medicine cabinet opened and a bottle of aspirin flew into his hands. Alex dropped them as if they were burning him. "I'm delusional," he said to himself. "That's it. I'm really do this stuff, but to my eyes it looks like things are opening and moving by themselves."

The aspirin bottle opened and one pill flew into his other hand. The sink turned on and a cup flew under the flowing water. The cup flew up to his lips as if he were supposed to take a drink. "Oh my…" He turned and walked back to his room, got in bed, and pulled the blankets over his head. "That didn't happen," he said to himself. "That couldn't happen." He lay in bed, trembling, for a while, before he finally fell asleep.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Early in the morning Isabel opened her eyes to see sunlight pouring into the cave opening. Everyone else started to move and wake up. They all stood up and looked at each other.

"Well, we're still alive," said Michael. "That's a good sign."

"We need to stay here," said Max. "Tess will probably come here after she talks to Kyle. She'll come to tell us when it's safe." They all grumbled their agreement to what Max said.

The girls and guys left the cave to relieve themselves behind some scrubby bushes on both sides of the cave. They met in the cave again and Maria handed out granola bars for breakfast.

"Granola?!" said Michael. "Who the hell eats this crap?"

"I do," said Maria. "Try it, it's really good for you. This is all organically grown too." Michael tried it, and didn't like it much. But he ate it anyways.

"I wish we had tobasco sauce," said Isabel. They all agreed and then sat in silence. "What are we supposed to do here all day?"

"Wait," said Max. "Think of where we can go and how if Valenti gets too close."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kyle woke up to pounding on the front door. "Dad, get the door," he said sleepily. The pounding continued. "Dad!"

He finally rolled out of bed and went to the door. He opened it and heard giggling.

"Nice boxers, Kyle," said Tess. Kyle blushed and tried to look cool.

"So, why are you here so early in the morning, Tess?"

"Early? It's 11:30! I need to talk to you…can I come in?"

"Oh, yeah, sure," said Kyle, opening the door wider to allow her entrance to the living room. "So, what's up?"

"Did your dad talk to you about anything strange last night?"

"What? No. My dad never came home. He must be working on some big case or something…that's the only reason why he wouldn't come home."

"Oh, well, Kyle if you here anything from your dad about supernatural things…let's say aliens for example..."

"Aliens?"

"Yeah, aliens. If you hear anything about aliens from your dad, you need to talk him out of believing it ok? Cause your cousins told him something last night about aliens. Of course it isn't true…who would believe in aliens? Anyways, if your dad does happen to believe it, some people we know could be in a lot of danger."

"Who?"

"That's nothing you need to worry about now, Kyle. Just get him to see that Liz and Alex were lying."

"Well, uh, sure," said Kyle, very confused. "Is that all?"

"No, I also need to do this," said Tess, leaning in to kiss Kyle. She pulled away and smiled. "Have a nice day, Kyle."

She walked out the door and Kyle grinned.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Liz yawned and opened her eyes lazily. Sunlight was streaming in through her window. 'Today will be a beautiful day,' she thought. And then she remembered what had happened the night before and the smile was wiped off of her face.

She got out of bed and walked down to the kitchen, still in her pajamas. "Hey Alex," she said as she poured herself a tall glass of milk. "What's up?"

"Liz, I think I'm delusional."

"What? Alex, you're such a goof," said Liz, ruffling his hair and sitting next to him.

"No, seriously. Last night I had this horrible headache, so I went to get some aspirin and I walked into the bathroom and the light went on. I swear to you Liz that I never touched the light switch. Then the medicine cabinet opened and the aspirin bottle flew into my hand and opened and a pill flew out. The sink turned on and filled a cup of water for me. Liz, it really happened."

"Alex, you were dreaming. You had to be. Nothing like that can happen, you were dreaming. That's it."

"No Liz, I think Isabel changed me somehow. I'm…I'm getting alien powers or something. I don't know…but it happened Liz."

Liz looked at Alex and paled. He was telling the truth. It had happened to him…but how?

Part 17 | Index | Part 19
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.