Fanfic - Other Roswell Stories
"Freaks and Geeks of Roswell"
Part 25
by Kari
Disclaimer: I don't own Roswell, all right belong to UPN and Melinda Metz. No infringement intended.
Summary: What happens when a dare goes too far? Who will get hurt?
Category: Other Roswell Stories
Rating: PG-13
Liz, Maria, and Isabel looked at each other and grabbed hands. They'd all written goodbye notes to their parents and were now at the cave again. They all walked in together, where Max, Michael, Alex, and Tess were waiting for them.

"Before we leave Roswell," Max said. "We need to show you something. Liz, Alex, come over here for a minute."

Alex and Liz slowly walked over to stand next to Max. They both gasped in surprise as he put his hand on the cave wall, and as he removed his hand, a silver handprint remained. The wall slowly slid to the right, as if it were some type of door. Max stepped into the newly revealed room, motioning for Alex and Liz to follow. They did, and looked around them in wonder. The walls here weren't brown like the other cave walls, but were instead brightly colored. They almost seemed to be glowing with every color of the rainbow.

"What is this?" asked Liz.

"We aren't sure exactly what its purpose is, but we do know that the colors are the colors of our auras."

"Our what?" asked Alex.

"Auras. They're kind of like the colors of our soul, and they surround our bodies."

"Why can't we see them?" asked Liz.

"You can't because you haven't developed your powers very well, but the other four of us can."

"Which…which color am I?" asked Liz.

"Well, Isabel is violet, Maria is orange, Michael is green, and I'm yellow. Liz, you are red, and Alex, you're indigo. But when we all hold hands…we are blue."

Alex sat down on the cave floor, a look of pure delight on his face. "This is so cool," he said. "I could stay in this room forever."

"No," laughed Max. "We can't keep the others waiting. I have one more thing to show you." He walked over to the far wall, and once again used his handprint to open the wall into a new room. He led them in.

Liz saw large green things against the walls, and suddenly felt like she'd been there before. "What are those?" asked Liz, pointing to one of the green things.

"Our pods that we hatched out of," said Max. He pointed to the one on the left and said, "That one held Michael and Isabel." He pointed to the one on the right. "That one held me and Maria." He pointed to the one in the middle. "And that one held you two."

Alex and Liz walked up their pod and touched it. A feeling of calmness swept over them and they no longer felt worried about leaving Roswell.

Max cleared his throat to get their attention. "I'm sorry," he said. "I know you really want to stay here a little while longer, but we need to get back to the others."

They walked out of the pod chamber and into the aura room. They took one last look around and went back into the main cave.

Isabel and Maria stood up and motioned for Liz to join them. The guys moved off to the side as Kyle and Tess stepped in front of the girls.

Liz was taken aback to see that Kyle was crying. She smiled comfortingly at him as Isabel started to speak.

"Ok, Kyle and Tess, you two need to hold hands and close your eyes. Now try to clear your minds. Liz, help me and Maria by concentrating on Kyle and Tess. We need you to help us form a connection."

Liz took a deep breath and concentrated. Soon she could see all of Kyle's memories, flashing through her own mind, then Tess's memories joined the flow of Kyle's. They had a connection.

Isabel, Maria, and Liz continued to concentrate. Liz continued to hold onto the connection as Isabel and Maria manipulated some of the memories.

Liz almost lost the connection as she heard Michael's voice yelling at them from the real world.

"Hurry up, damn it! We can see Valenti's patrol car coming, and he's not alone! There are black cars out there…they look like FBI cars!"

Liz blinked and found herself back in the cave, no longer immersed in other peoples' memories. She looked at Maria, who said, "We did it."

Everyone looked at Kyle and Tess, who looked back at them in confusion.

"We have to go, now!" yelled Michael. Without saying another word, they left the cave, dragging Kyle and Tess with them.

They needed to get Kyle and Tess far from the cave in case Valenti came across them. If Valenti took just one step into that cave, he would know, without a doubt, that aliens existed.

They ran to Max's jeep and Maria's Jetta. All the guys went with Max and all the girls went with Maria. They drove towards the outskirts of town, no longer able to see Valenti's patrol car or the black cars. Just as they reached the sign that said, 'You are now leaving Roswell', they stopped and got Tess and Kyle out of their cars.

And then they drove out of Roswell, leaving behind two very confused humans.

"What the hell happened?" asked Tess.

"Maybe we were abducted by aliens," said Kyle jokingly.

*****************************************************

THE END.......not really! There is a sequel coming up called Freaks on the Run.

Part 24 | Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.