FanFic - Other
"Gods, Mortals and Roswell, Oh My!"
Part 1
by Erin
Disclaimer: If I owned 'Roswell,' would I be writing fan fiction? (Hey - I don't own the song 'Angel of Mine' either It's by Monica.)
Summary: This a *very* (I repeat, very) AU fic. Basically, the aliens are gods of the Land of Roswell and the humans all find a way to become intertwined in their lives, in some way or another.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: When Melissa posted this challenge, I couldn't turn it down... Melissa's Godly Challenge
1) Must be a silly fic!
2) One of the Roswellians must be a God (like, a REAL God - as in powers, lives on a cloud, etc. That type of stuff. Whatever you think represents a God.)
3) One of the OTHER Roswellians must be their unwilling love interest (ie, Apollo and Daphne, though it DOESN'T have to be that intense.)
4) Someone must wear a toga and a circlet of laurel leaves, ala the ancient Olympics.
5) Naked Marathon is optional.
So, with this in mind, read on and enjoy! Dedication: Well... this goes to Linque, who beta-ed for me and to the comedic people in my life, who crack me up, from the lunch table to school plays... you know who you are. Muchas gracias!

The God of Chaos was up to no good... again.

The Palace of the Gods was already reeking of havoc in the early hours of this particular sunny morning.

Inside the grand abode of the gods stood the God of Chaos, running his hand through his messy hair.

What trouble could he cause today?

Or better yet, what could he do without being caught by the other gods?

He shrugged.

Guess he was going to have to find out the answer on his own.

So he twitched his nose and waited until he heard a crash, then a man hollering about something down the hall.

He smirked, in spite of himself.

Today was definitely going to be a good day.

* * * * *

Down in the land of Roswell, a fragile blonde-haired girl was walking underneath the scorching desert sun, hoping and praying that she would reach her final destination soon. It was becoming too hot for her to be walking all this way and she worried about her health and safety.

What if she wasn't able to make it?

She shuddered at the thought, wiping the sweat that trickled down her forehead.

She had to go to the Temple of the God of Chaos to show her respects.

He had been known to be vengeful if the mortals didn't come to his temple.

So, as a result of his terrible attitude towards them, she made it a daily chore to go and show her reverence to one of the most mysterious gods in the land of Roswell.

* * * * *

"Honey," the Goddess of Knowledge spoke, walking into the main chamber. "What are you up to?" she asked, scrunching her nose at the sight before her.

There, on the dinner table, were hundreds of broken dishes and cups, among many eating utensils that had just been cleaned, all scattered across the fancifully decorated table.

And next to the table was a servant, scrambling to his feet.

"I'm..." he stuttered, walking closer to the goddess, trying desperately to collect himself.

"I know, I know," she rolled her eyes and yawned. "Did you trip over your feet again, Kyle?"

"Yes, ma'am," he bowed his head in reverence.

"Stop the damn groveling, already," she scorned. "If I had known that being a goddess would come at this expense, I would have *never*, I repeat, NEVER signed up for this job."

Kyle nodded and stood, facing the distressed goddess.

"I *know* this wasn't your fault, Kyle," she finally said out loud.

The servant was dumbfounded.

Since when had a goddess NOT blamed him for a mess?

She pointed to the sparkling marble floor.

There, right next to where Kyle had fallen, was an incriminating banana peel, with its remains smudged all over the floor around it.

"Michael, honey," she sighed, her voice fringed with annoyance and disgust.

He wasn't going to be able to get by her, again.

She knew he was up to no good.

* * * * *

He heard his distressed fiancee's scold.

Damn.

He'd been caught.

So, he twitched his nose and thought of a far off destination to visit.

Thunder shook the walls of the palace and a bolt of lightning struck where he had been standing.

He was gone.

* * * * *

Meanwhile, back in the land of Roswell, the girl had reached the majestic temple of the God of Chaos.

Despite all the rumors about his attitude and actions, she still loved visiting his temple.

It was the most beautiful temple in all of Roswell.

The staircase in the front lead up to the doors, which were painted a variety of colors in no particular pattern or fashion.

Chaotic.

Just like him.

So, she walked up the stairs slowly, brushing her hair from her eyes. When she reached the top, she pushed open the doors and walked slowly into the large sanctuary, taking in the sights.

Even though this god was of chaos, he still had a very nice temple. She meant *nice.*

Everything inside the room was chaotic, to say the least. The aisle that lead to the altar was covered by a rug, dyed the brightest colors of macaroni and avocado, mixed in with splattered pinks, reds, and blues. The pews that lined the aisle were all masterpieces in themselves. Each pew was dedicated to a different artist and was covered in their most famous works. The columns holding the sky-painted ceiling were a range of many colors, from salmon pink to black as night. And the walls were scenes taken from the god's favorite books, such as James Joyces' 'Ulysses.'

But none of these were her favorite parts of the temple.

Her favorite part was the painting of the god.

It was beautiful.

And it was rumored that the god painted the portrait himself.

So, when she reached the altar, she sank to her knees in reverence to the God of Chaos, hoping that he would hear her prayers to him and smile at the thought of having a devoted worshiper.

Right as she was about to get up from the altar and go on her merry way, there was a flash of light and a loud boom of thunder that came from the painting in front of her.

Frightened, the girl looked up to find the God of Chaos staring down at her.

* * * * *

He ran his hand through his spiky hair, groaning softly.

'Why did I come here?' he questioned, looking up into outer space, slightly rolling his eyes.

A frightened shriek brought him back into reality.

He looked down to find a small blonde-haired girl kneeling at the altar, too shocked to move, let alone speak.

"What..." her voice cracked. "What are you doing here?"

Then, she blushed because of her rudeness and moved closer to where he was standing, bowing to him and kissing his feet softly.

"Grace! Mercy! Stop kissing my feet!" the god shrieked in panic.

Since when had humans been so... grateful of him?

"I'm sorry," she apologized, backing away from him, moving closer and closer to the exit, just incase the god decided to have an outburst or what not.

The god smirked at her.

Not a reassurance.

"Why, may I ask, are you here?" she asked politely, still fearing an outburst of rage from the unruly god.

"Just felt like it... you know, making the weekly check-ups and what not. Making sure that no one's causing trouble," he smirked. "So, I ask you, why are you at my temple? No one visits my temple. Ever."

"I... I just wanted to show... my reverence to you, oh God of Chaos."

"Stop the groveling, dammit!"

"Okay, okay," the girl began, blushing, "I came here because I heard that you'd be mad if no one came to your temple."

The god's fingers were running across his chin; he obviously was thinking about something.

"Well... it's true," she admitted reluctantly, grinning at the god who stood in front of her.

"I see," was all that the god said.

"I'm just gonna leave now," the girl said softly, making her way to the door.

"No!" the god exclaimed.

The frightened girl fell to her knees and began to pray, "Oh, God of Chaos, forgive me, for I have sinned..."

"I meant it when I said to stop groveling," he said calmly as he walked over to the girl.

"I... I'm sorry," she stuttered.

"Don't be," was all that he said before he plopped down on the ground next to her and lifted her chin with his index finger.

Her beautiful face was streaked with tears and her cheeks were red and puffy.

"There's no reason to be afraid," he said softly, brushing a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

'What am I doing?' his internal voice asked, amazed at the way that he was acting toward this mortal girl.

'What is he doing?' she asked silently, wondering why a god would even bother coming to visit her, of all the citizens of Roswell.

"But I thought..." she stuttered, surprised by the way that he was acting toward her.

"Hmm?" he asked, caught up by the depths of her emerald eyes.

"Nothing," she sighed, still wanting to know why he was here and why he was so nice to her.

It had to be a trap.

But then, something truly awesome happened.

His hands found her cheeks and leaned closer to her, his breath shallow. He was entranced by her soulful eyes. She did the same, lost in the depths of his mischievous eyes.

When their lips met, both moaned, amazed by this feeling that had overcome both of them.

But soon, they snapped out of it.

She was the first to pull away, unable to articulate these feelings that she was receiving from him and the ones that she was feeling.

She had never felt so deeply before, in her whole entire life.

"I'm..." he stuttered, unable to tell her what he wanted to say.

And then, there was a flash of light and a bang of thunder, and he was gone.

Vanished before her own two eyes.

And all that she could do was grin.

Wait 'til her mother and Alex heard about this.

Index | Part 2
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.