FanFic - Other
"Gods, Mortals and Roswell, Oh My!"
Part 4
by Erin
Disclaimer: If I owned 'Roswell,' would I be writing fan fiction? (Hey - I don't own the song 'Angel of Mine' either It's by Monica.)
Summary: This a *very* (I repeat, very) AU fic. Basically, the aliens are gods of the Land of Roswell and the humans all find a way to become intertwined in their lives, in some way or another.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: When Melissa posted this challenge, I couldn't turn it down... Melissa's Godly Challenge
1) Must be a silly fic!
2) One of the Roswellians must be a God (like, a REAL God - as in powers, lives on a cloud, etc. That type of stuff. Whatever you think represents a God.)
3) One of the OTHER Roswellians must be their unwilling love interest (ie, Apollo and Daphne, though it DOESN'T have to be that intense.)
4) Someone must wear a toga and a circlet of laurel leaves, ala the ancient Olympics.
5) Naked Marathon is optional.
So, with this in mind, read on and enjoy! Dedication: Well... this goes to Linque, who beta-ed for me and to the comedic people in my life, who crack me up, from the lunch table to school plays... you know who you are. Muchas gracias!

"Alex! Alex!" she exclaimed, knocking excitedly on his bedroom window.

After a minute of constant knocking, Alex's bedroom light switched on and he sauntered to the window, obviously annoyed with her interruption.

When he opened the window, she squealed and climbed in, making sure not to catch her toga on the side panel of his house and ducked her head so that her laurel leave crown would not be disturbed. Once she was finally in the house, she said excitedly, "Alex, I have the best news... ever!"

"Really?" Alex raised an eyebrow. "I think that my news might be just as exciting, if not more than yours. But try me," he grinned.

"Okay... you go first," she said, motioning for him to continue as she sat down on his comfortable bed.

"Come out here with me," Alex said, walking out of his doorway into the hall.

Maria followed him down the long hallway to his dining room, where a beautiful blonde woman sat at a candlelit table.

Alex cleared his throat.

The blonde looked up and smiled at him.

"Isabel, Goddess of Dreams, may I proudly present to you my best friend, Maria."

Isabel smiled at the other woman, who immediately fell to her knees in reverence.

"Please," the goddess begged, "Please don't do that. I'm not *that* special!" she giggled.

Maria stood up and said, "Nice to meet you, your highness."

The blonde laughed, "Call me Isabel."

Maria then turned to Alex, who wore a stupid grin across his face.

"What was your exciting news?" she asked, curious.

"Well, you see, Isabel and I are getting married," he finally said, his grin growing larger.

Maria's mouth fell open.

First Liz, then Alex.

When was she going to get married to a god?

* * * * *

Michael sighed as he walked down the abandoned hallway of the Palace.

So much could happen in one day.

He broke off his relationship with his fiancee. He met a mortal girl. He caused little havoc...

He shrugged it off.

All that was on his mind now was that he was going to tell the Big Man that Max and Liz were now engaged and that he was single, once again.

He finally reached the large bronze doors to the Big Man's chamber and knocked lightly before he opened the door.

"God of Chaos, come in," the Big Man said to the unruly god who just poked his head into the chamber.

"Sir, I came to tell you that I am no longer engaged to Liz, the Goddess of Knowledge. Maxwell and I had a naked marathon and he won, so he rightfully deserves her," he mumbled, lying through his teeth.

"You know that I don't believe that, right?"

Michael looked up and his features lightened a bit. He nodded reluctantly.

"There's no use in lying to me. I eventually find out... always, you know. But I'll let it slide. This time. When Mr. Parker and I were planning the engagement, we made a mistake and it was fixed... ah... on its own, with the help of Liz and Max. I'm glad that you caught them before you got married, though. I'm proud to say that you're free to find another fiancee now."

Michael rolled his eyes and sighed.

"You mean to tell me that you don't want to have a wife?" the Big Man questioned, raising an eyebrow at the lower god's reaction.

"Not right now," he grumbled as he started turning his back to walk out the door.

"Michael?" the Big Man asked before he walked out of the room.

Michael turned around to face the other god before he left.

"I know."

* * * * *

"You two are getting married?" Maria asked, "No way!"

"Yes way!" Alex and the exuberant goddess exclaimed together.

"When?"

"Tomorrow morning," Alex told her.

"When were you going to tell me this?"

"We hadn't had it planned until this morning. I was searching for you, but I couldn't find you anywhere. So I figured that after our dinner tonight that we could go over to your house and invite you then," Alex explained calmly.

"How exciting!" Maria exclaimed as she turned to the goddess.

"Has Lizzie gotten married yet?" she asked.

The goddess shook her head.

"Why not?" Alex and Maria both exclaimed.

"Well, see, Liz hasn't gotten married to the Michael, the God of Chaos, because she has been prolonging it. Every night, she sneaks into my brother, Max's, room and they spend time together. The marriage will be called off whenever Michael finds out that she is sleeping with his best friend."

Maria gasped and put her hand over her mouth, surprised that her best friend was cheating on her fiancee. "But why wasn't she engaged to Max, then? Aren't they able to tell these sort of things up there?" the small blonde asked.

Isabel shook her head in shame, "I guess not."

Maria frowned, as did Isabel and Alex.

"Well, I need to get home to my mother... she's probably worried sick about me, if she has found out that I'm not there... because I'm breaking her new rule," Maria sighed as she began backing out of the room. All of a sudden, something hit her. "Where is the wedding tomorrow, may I ask?"

"The Palace of the Gods," her best friend and his fiancee told her, simultaneously.

"Don't I need to be a goddess or something to get in there?" Maria asked, disappointment beginning to show in her voice.

"We'll send someone to pick you up, don't worry," Isabel winked at her.

"What am I going to wear?" Maria pondered out loud.

"Don't worry about that, either. Just wear your... regular clothes... and your escort, if you ask him, will make sure that you're dressed appropriately," the tall goddess said.

"Cryptic much?" the shorter girl asked, giggling.

Alex and his beautiful soon-to-be-wife nodded and laughed along with her.

"Well, I've got to go," Maria smiled at the happy couple and quietly exited the house with a bright smile on her face.

She was going to visit the Palace of the Gods tomorrow morning to watch her best friend and his fiancee get married. She'd get to see Lizzie, too.

Could her life get any better?

* * * * *

Michael sighed before he laid back down on his bed, tired from his long day that had not been productive at all.

Just as he closed his eyes, a very happy Goddess of Dreams skipped into his room, whistling to herself.

He groaned and opened his eyes. Guess he was never going to get sleep in this palace.

"Why are you so happy, Iz?" he asked, cocking an eyebrow in question.

"Hmm... lets just say that I had a *very* good day," she practically sang.

Then, she held up her left hand to reveal a golden ring on her ring finger.

"Nu uh," Michael gaped in disbelief.

All of his friends were getting married and well, he wasn't. Since when was life this unfair?

"Uh huh," Isabel replied, grinning, "Tomorrow morning."

Michael groaned, "Max, then you. What am I going to do? Do I have a date? No..."

"You found out?" Isabel asked, incredulously.

"Dammit, was I the *only* one in this Palace who didn't know about it?" he asked angrily.

"Well... I don't think that Kyle, that servant boy found out... but you never know," she quipped, grinning at her frustrated friend. "But I have plans for you.." she began, leaving the words to hang in the air.

"And what might these plans be?" he raised an eyebrow in question.

"Lets just say that I've been... ah... working my magic, and you'll have a date tomorrow."

"Really?" he asked in disbelief, "What's the catch, Izzy?"

"The only catch is that you have to pick her up. She kinda can't come up here without a god or goddess..."

"A mortal?" he groaned and his head fell into his hands for effect.

"She's really nice... you'll like her," the goddess grinned before she walked out of the room. "Sweet dreams..."

Part 3 | Index | Part 5
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.