FanFic - Other
"In A Boy's Dream"
Part 14
by Karen
Disclaimer: Don't own anything but an active imagination. All Roswell characters are the property of someone at the WB. "Reunion" is from Collective Soul.
Summary: Good vs. Evil with our Izzy in the middle (Guess who wins)
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: Feedback appreciated. Just be gentle with me - it was my first time!!
Liz pulled the paintings from her portfolio. She eyed one appraisingly and held it up before Max and Michael. "What about this one?"

It was Friday night and they were in the Evans' living room. Liz had shown Max some of her work earlier in the week, and he had bashfully asked if he could have one of them for his room. His request had touched her, filling her with the love and appreciation she always felt when she was with Max.

"That's nice," he said. "What do the others look like?"

Liz held them up one at a time - a desert landscape, a bird in flight, children in a playground.

Max bit his lip. "I don't see the one I was thinking of...."

Michael jumped in. "They're all great, Max. Just pick one. Liz is a good little artist."

The boys had had a long talk after seeing Isabel safely home. Max tried to explain to Michael that he couldn't bare to tell him he'd been a manufactured death weapon after all of the time Michael had spent working away from that. Michael had been angry, lashing out at Max, even shoving him once. Max had let him. Michael had slept on it, however, and the next day had apologized.

"What one are you thinking of?" Liz asked, confused.

A devilish grin came to Max's face. "I don't know...I kind of like nudes."

Liz squeaked, her face reddening.

"Do you still have that painting, Liz?"

Michael saw Liz's sudden embarrassment. "What painting?"

Max stretched his arms across the back of the couch, enjoying watching Liz squirm.

"I, uh...yeah," she stammered.

"But I don't see it here."

"It's not here."

"What painting?" Michael repeated. It started to dawn on him what Max was doing. Well, two could play at that game. "Hey, Max, still sleep with Isabel when you're scared?"

Now Max gasped and Liz let out a screech of laughter. Max reddened to the gills, speechless.

"It's okay," Liz said, touching his arm. "When we connected, we all saw that, Max."

"Oh, no...you did?"

She nodded, touching his cheek. "I think it's cute."

Michael sat back with a satisfied grin.

Maria bounded loudly down the stairs. "My God, you guys, she is so excited! I can't believe how nervous she is!"

"Princess Isabel?" Michael quipped. "She's never been nervous about a date with anyone. She doesn't feel fear - she instills it."

"How do I look?"

They all turned to see Isabel standing in the doorway. Her blond hair was combed straight and she had on a pair of jeans and a red sweater. It was the simplest date outfit Max had ever seen her in, and she was radiant. Normally she would spend hours with make up and heels and short skirts, but that was when the only thing that mattered to her was her appearance. It didn't matter any more, and she was more gorgeous than she'd ever been.

"You're beautiful," Max whispered. He held his hand out to her. "Just let me do one thing?"

Isabel looked confused, but let him pull her down to the couch beside him. With his index finger, he lightly traced the fading scratches on her cheek, healing the scars and leaving her skin soft and flawless.

She beamed, threw her arms around him and kissed his cheek. "Thank you, Max. For everything." She took in the rest of the group. "Thank you all."

Before they could respond, they heard the front door open and close. "Hey - anyone here?" came Diane Evans' voice. She rounded the corner into the living room. "Well, everyone is here."

Max and Isabel got up and hugged her, then their father.

"What did you guys do this week?" Diane asked.

Max and Isabel exchanged startled glances, but it was Michael who spoke.

"Oh, you know, the usual. Isabel was abducted for a few days. We fought an evil alien life form. Which we defeated, I might add."

The others were looking at him in horror, but Diane smacked him on the arm playfully. "You're such a kidder, Michael," she laughed.

As their parents turned away, Max shot Michael a look, but Michael only shrugged, smiling.

The doorbell rang and Isabel bounded to get it. "I'll get it!" She swung open the door to see Alex standing on the other side. He smiled cautiously, but didn't have time to speak a word before Isabel grabbed his hand and pulled him inside. "Mom, Dad, this is Alex," she announced proudly.

Diane and Philip Evans exchanged a startled look. They'd never seen their daughter so excited about a date, let alone a date with an unassuming, ordinary boy like this one.

Philip extended his hand and shook Alex's. "Nice to meet you, son."

"Sir," Alex responded, then addressed Isabel's mother, "Ma'am." He cleared his throat. "I'll, uh, have her home early."

"Okay," Diane said simply. She trusted him immediately.

"Let's go," Isabel urged excitedly. "I've been waiting all week for this."

Alex was taken aback. "You have?"

She nodded enthusiastically, then ushered him out the door.

As the door closed, Diane turned back to the kids. "What did you say you did this week?"

Michael scratched his head. "Oh, yeah, I left out one part. I think Isabel fell in love."

Part 13 | Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.