Fanfic - Other Roswell Stories
"Isabella"
Part 15
by Kari
Disclaimer: I don't own Roswell or anything to do with it. All rights belong to UPN and Melinda Metz.
Summary: This is my modern day version of a Roswell Cinderella story! This is totally AU!
Category: Other Roswell Stories
Rating: PG-13
Alex retired to his room for the night, wanting to go after Isabella, but not sure if she would be at Liz's or not. He would find her first thing in the morning. He climbed into the big bed in his suite and sighed. Tomorrow night The Whits were going to leave Roswell…and Isabella would be with him. As he dozed off he smiled and thought of the way she sang. She sang the words to songs as if they really meant something to her, that they came from her very own soul, instead of other people who he'd heard singing that just sang the words with no emotion. He drifted off to sleep, dreaming the whole night of Isabella.

He woke up the next morning and quickly took a shower, deciding to skip breakfast. He picked up the phone and asked the operator for Liz's number. He called and someone picked up on the 7th ring.

"Hello?" asked a sleepy Liz.

"Hey, Liz. This is Alex. Is Isabella there?"

"Yeah, but she's in the shower. Do you mind if I just set the phone down and make myself some breakfast? I'll tell her you're on the phone when she comes downstairs."

"Sure," said Alex, taking a small box out of his jacket pocket. He fidgeted with the box, playing around with it, trying to entertain himself until Isabella came to the phone.

Finally he heard Liz's voice in the background saying, "Izzy, Alex is on the phone waiting to talk to you."

"Hello?" he heard Isabella breathe into the phone.

He smiled. "Hello, pretty lady. How are you today?"

"I'm great now. What's up?"

"Can you meet me somewhere? I need to talk to you about something."

"Sure, how about I meet you out in the desert. There's this one place that I love to go. It's on highway 285 near the exit to Hondo. Can you make it there in an hour?"

"Yup. And please come alone."

"Uh…sure," said Isabella, wondering what Alex was up to. They hung up and Alex walked downstairs to see if he could find Tubby to ask him if he could borrow his truck.

Isabella asked Liz if she could use her car and Liz agreed, saying that it was no problem, if she needed a ride, she'd just call Max. Isabella ran out to Liz's car and headed for the place in the desert where she was meeting Alex.

She popped a CD in without looking at what it was. N SYNC came blasting out of the speakers. "AH!" she screamed. She quickly took the CD out and threw it out the window. "Liz doesn't need that CD anymore," she said, putting another CD in. Sum 41 came blasting out of the speakers. She sighed. 'That's more like it!' she thought.

Alex drove along the highway, taking deep breaths. He wasn't nervous, but very excited. Finally he reached his destination and drove off the highway into the desert towards Isabella, who was leaning against Liz's car.

He pulled up next to her. As soon as he stepped out of the truck Isabella was pressed up against him, her tongue searching for his. He kissed her back, reveling in her taste and feel. He could stay that way forever. But he knew he needed to do what he came there to do. He reluctantly pulled back and said, "Isabella, I came here to talk to you about something."

She pouted. "Aww…but little old me wants to kiss you." Alex smiled and held her hand.

"I know, and believe me, I feel the same. But this is important. You're part of The Whits now."

"Yes. Now we can be together everyday."

"Even better. Isabella, I love you more than anything in this whole wide world. I want to be with you forever. You are my one and only soul mate." Alex got down on one knee, still holding Isabella's hand. "Isabella Deluca, will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?"

Isabella started to weep. "Oh god…Alex! Wow…yes! Yes! Let's do it! Let's get married!" He slipped the ring on her finger and she looked down at it in wonder. She fell into his arms, feeling his warm tender kisses on her head. She kissed him, pushing him back onto the ground. A pretty intense makeout session persued.

Finally they had to come up for air. They gazed into each other's eyes. Isabella smiled. "Alex, how would you feel about getting married right now?"

Alex raised his eyebrows questioningly. "Are you serious?"

"Yes. I want to do this now."

"Well then I'm all for it."

"Ok. Let's get Max and Liz and the rest of The Whits and go to this little chapel right outside of Roswell."

Alex smiled and tucked a strand of Isabella's hair behind her ear. "I must be the luckiest man on the face of the planet. I have you."

They shared loving looks and reluctantly got in their separate cars. Isabella was going to get Max and Liz, while Alex got the band together. Isabella went about 90 mph the whole way to Liz's house. She tore into Liz's driveway, practically driving through the garage door.

She ran into the house and started to jump up and down. "Liz! Come here! Quick!"

Liz ran down the stairs. "What? What is it? Why are you all worked up?"

"Come on, we're going to get Max."

"Why? What happened?" Isabella held up her left hand so that Liz could see the engagement ring. "Oh my god! Is that what I think it is?"

"YES!" Isabella grabbed her best friend into a hug. They jumped up and down, squealing in excitement.

"This is so great! Oh…let me help you plan the wedding! You should get married this summer-"

"Actually, we're getting married today. Liz, will you be my maid of honor?"

"Oh…yes! Of course! Today! Wow! Come on!" Liz dragged Isabella upstairs and they changed into dresses and then headed for Max's house.

Max was outside, washing his jeep…shirtless. "Oh wow," muttered Liz under her breath. "Does he even realize what he does to my hormones when he goes around like that?"

Isabella groaned. "Gross…I do not want to hear about your out of control hormones. Come on, let's go tell him the good news."

They jumped out of Liz's car and ran up to him. "Hey," said Liz, kissing him.

"Hey," he said, looking down lovingly at Liz. "What's up? Why are you both wearing dresses?"

"I'll let Isabella tell you. It's her news."

"Max, Alex and I are getting married. Like, right now. We want you to be there."

"Oh, wow. Congratulations, Izzy!" He enveloped her in a hug thinking of how much his sister (that's what he called her) was growing up. "I better go change my clothes," he said, running into the house.

Isabella and Liz waited for him and when he came back out, they headed for the chapel. They arrived there right after Alex, the band, and his managers and security guards.

Alex ran up to Max. "Hey man, I know we don't know each other very well yet, but we both love Isabella a lot, so I was wondering if you wanted to be my best man?"

"Yeah," said Max, hugging Alex in the awkward male way. They all went into the church. The pastor agreed to marry them immediately. Alex went up to the front alter with the priest.

Liz walked up the aisle alone. (She would have walked with Max, but he was also giving Isabella away.) The piano player started to play the wedding march and the few people there stood up as Max and Isabella walked down the aisle. They got up to the front and Max gave Isabella a friendly kiss and whispered to Alex. "Take good care of her man."

The pastor went through the whole ceremony, finishing with the words, "I now pronounce you Mr. and Mrs. Alex Whitman. You may now kiss the bride." Alex leaned over and kissed Isabella. They broke apart and turned to face the church. Everyone broke into applause.

Isabella beamed with an angelic glow. "Mrs. Alex Whitman," she said under her breath. "Those are the best words in the whole world."

THE END

Part 14 | Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.