Fanfic - Other Roswell Stories
"Isabella"
Part 4
by Kari
Disclaimer: I don't own Roswell or anything to do with it. All rights belong to UPN and Melinda Metz.
Summary: This is my modern day version of a Roswell Cinderella story! This is totally AU!
Category: Other Roswell Stories
Rating: PG-13
Isabella spent the next two days cleaning more than she ever had before. On Monday night she was relaxing in her room, wishing Maria would do her share of the work. Ever since she'd danced with Michael, Maria had refused to be of any help to Isabella. Isabella was getting tired and was thinking of going to sleep when someone knocked on her bedroom door. She sighed and dragged herself to the door, hoping it wasn't anyone that was going to tell her to go clean something.

She opened the door and saw Liz standing there with a huge smile on her face and a glint in her eyes.

"Isabella," she said, jumping into the room. "I have got great news!"

"What? Did you finally sleep with Max?"

"Isabella!" Liz playfully hit her friend. "No, it's good news for you!"

"Did you kill my foster family?" asked Isabella hopefully.

"No…I got you signed up for singing lessons!"

"Liz, you totally didn't have to do that! It's so expensive, and besides, I have to work everyday, I don't really have time. In fact, I don't think I'll be able to do the auditions for The Whits."

"Don't say that! You have to try out…you will try out! And the lessons are free. My uncle's neighbor is a choir director and he agreed to help you. Plus, the lessons are in the evening, so it won't cut into your work time."

Isabella looked at Liz and slowly smiled. "I guess I have to say…yes! I'll try out. When is my first singing lesson?"

"In half an hour. You better change into some cleaner clothes, fast. We've got to go!"

"Whoa! In half an hour? Liz, you should have told me sooner! And I'm so tired now, I'm practically falling asleep on my feet."

"Too bad," said Liz cheerily, pushing Isabella towards the closet. "Pick out an outfit and let's go! Max's jeep is outside, I'm borrowing it."

Isabella gave in and grabbed her blue sweater and a black skirt. She changed and quickly brushed her hair. The two girls ran out to the jeep and headed towards-

"Where exactly are we going?" asked Isabella, trying to apply makeup. She wasn't doing a good job because Liz was driving like a maniac.

"We're going to the choir room at the high school."

Isabella sighed, wishing she didn't have to even see the high school. She knew it would just bring back bad memories…her high school years kind of sucked.

They pulled up behind the school and Liz led the way to a door that Isabella had never noticed before. "This door leads right to the choir room," explained Liz as she unlocked it. "My uncle's neighbor gave me a key."

They entered the choir room and Liz called out, "Hey! Mr. Valenti, are you here?"

A man who looked familiar walked out of a back room and grabbed Isabella's hand, roughly shaking it.

"Hi. You can call me Jim. I understand you need some help with your singing?"

"Yes," said Isabella, trying to figure out why Jim looked so familiar to her. "And I really appreciate you helping me out like this. You know, sort of at the last minute."

"No problem at all," said Jim reassuringly. "Liz, if you'd like to sit while Isabella sings, you can. Now, Isabella, can you read music?"

Isabella blushed and said, "Well…not too well…I know all the notes and how to sing them, but when I have sheet music in front of me I get a little confused."

"Ok," said Jim. "We'll work on that." He proceeded to give her copies of the music she would need to know how to sing by Wednesday night, their next lesson.

Isabella sang for him and he gave her a few pointers on correct breathing. He finally looked at the clock and realized it was almost 11 p.m.

"That's all for tonight, I think," he said, leading the tired girls to the door.

"Good bye," said Isabella. "And thanks again." They got in Max's jeep and Liz started driving towards the Sagebrush Hotel.

Isabella said, "Jim looked familiar…but I don't remember ever meeting him before. And I know that he wasn't the choir teacher when we were in high school."

"Isabella…don't you recognize his last name? Valenti…" Isabella thought about it, but it just didn't ring a bell.

Liz laughed and finally said, "He's Kyle's father. You know…Kyle Valenti. Captain of the football team…didn't he go out with Tess for a while?"

Isabella felt like hitting herself in the head and saying DUH. Now she recognized the name Valenti. And she had recognized Jim because Kyle looked so much like him. Isabella's memories of high school came flooding back to her, but it was too much for her tired brain. She was asleep before they had driven halfway to the Sagebrush.

Part 3 | Index | Part 5
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.