FanFic - Other
"Letting Go"
Part 10
by Jamie Phelps
Disclaimer: Don't own them. Never have, never will. Would love to :-)
Summary: Max has come to terms with the relationship he and Maria share. Tess reveals some startling news the pod squad of something she uncovered in the compound while being held prisoner. The group is in their senior year of high school, but major changes lay ahead. When a call goes out to Nasedo offering a chance for the aliens to return home, they have to choose between what their mind and their heart says. Faced with the possibility of never seeing the humans again, the aliens must make a choice. Will they make the right one?
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: You must have read "Secrets" and "The Journey" or this fiction will not make sense to you. Please email at jamiep@egyptian.net or see the Other category on Crashdown.Com if you need either of the fictions.
The next few weeks went by quickly. Tess, Isabel, Liz and Maria picked out their dresses while Max, Michael, Alex and Kyle rented tuxes. Instead of the traditional limo, the group had decided to each take separate cars. Reservations were made to eat at Senor Chow's. The group was all to meet at Max and Isabel's house.

Isabel ran through the house frantically. Where had she put those shoes?!? She paused as she passed Max's room. "Have you seen my shoes?" She asked.

Max jumped at the sound of her voice. He was so nervous about going to Prom. "Shoes?" He asked. "The ones you're wearing tonight?"

Isabel gave her brother a dirty look. "No, the ones I had on yesterday." She turned to leave the room.

"Look beside the couch in the living room." Max said.

Isabel ran down the steps and into the living room. Sure enough, there beside the couch set her shoes. She scooped them up and headed for the stairs. Just as she started up, the doorbell rang. Isabel retraced her steps back to the door and opened it.

"Hey!" Maria said, walking through the door. "Ready for the finishing touches?"

Isabel smiled, grabbing Maria by the hand and pulling her to her room. "Maria, I am so totally freaking out!" Isabel stammered. Tears sprung to her eyes. "I'm scared, nervous, confused - I don't know what I'm feeling."

Maria smiled. She had only seen Isabel freak out a few times. Isabel was known for her calm, cold exterior. When she did freak out, it was a sight to see. "Calm down, breathe. What are you scared of?"

Isabel shook her head. "I don't know. Just everything seems so perfect. I know something will screw that up. And what if." She let the words trail off, but as an afterthought continued. "What if Alex wants to have sex?"

Maria was taken aback. Isabel was asking her for advice. Maria had always thought she'd be the one to go to Isabel. Either way, Maria was glad that Isabel had turned to her. "It's not so bad." She said, smiling.

"What?!?" Isabel said, looking at Maria.

"Sex." She said. "It's not as bad as you make it sound."

"How do you know?" She asked. She didn't expect Maria to answer.

"Because I've had it." She started. "Once, about three weeks ago. With Michael." Maria smiled.

A smile spread across Isabel's face. "So that's what you were doing at Michael's so early in the morning that one day."

"Yeah, but Iz you have GOT to swear you are not going to tell anyone. I didn't even tell Liz about it and I tell her everything." Maria pleaded.

"I promise." Isabel said.

"You have to look at it this way," Maria began, getting back on the subject of Isabel and Alex. "You have a choice. You don't have to have sex with him if you don't want to. There's nothing to be scared about. If he brings it up and you don't want to, just tell him that. Alex is the kind of guy who respects girls' feelings."

Isabel smiled. How had she ever deserved a sister like Maria? She walked over to her and hugged her. "Thanks." She said. "I feel a little better now. I guess I was stressing a bit. How 'bout we finish getting ready. Everyone will be here in an hour."

Maria laughed. "Ok." Isabel watched as Maria waved her hand over her face and hair. "I'm all set." She said.

"That is SO not fair." Isabel commented. "You cheated." Isabel did the same thing Maria had done and was ready to go. "Who says our powers aren't really useful?" She asked, smiling.

They spent the next 45 minutes talking. They were interrupted by the sound of the doorbell ringing. "Guess we should get downstairs." Isabel said, getting up.

They slowly made their way down the steps. Alex and Michael were standing at the end in all their glory. Isabel stepped onto the landing.

"Wow!" Alex exclaimed, looking at Isabel. "You look beautiful." He turned to Maria. "And you," He said smiling. "look absolutely amazing."

"Thank you." Isabel said moving slightly closer to Alex so Maria could stand on the landing too. "You look very handsome yourself." She reached over and kissed his cheek.

Maria stepped down off the stairs. "Thanks, Alex. You look good too." She turned to Michael. "Hi." She said smiling. "You look nice."

"Thanks," He began. "I should. It took too damn long to get ready."

Alex jabbed Michael in the side. They'd gone over everything before they'd left Alex's house but still Michael acted like.Michael. "OW!" He exclaimed. "What was that for?"

Maria just laughed. She had gotten so used to the way Michael was, that she just accepted him and wrote the way he acted off as one of his flaws. Nobody was perfect. "It's ok, spaceboy." She said. "I know you meant well." She kissed him directly on his lips and stepped back.

"You look really nice." He said, taking her hand. "I should have said that when I walked in."

"Thanks, Michael." Maria said, truly touched.

Max bounded down the stairs and Michael, Alex, Maria and Isabel shuffled into the living room.

"Liz, Kyle and Tess just pulled up." He said, excitedly. He waited until Kyle rang the doorbell before opening it.

"Liz you look stunning." He said, pulling her to him. He kissed her gently forgetting about everyone in the room. When reality set in, he pulled away. "My parents want pictures." Max said, gathering everyone in the living room. "We'll then split and meet a Senor Chow's. Michael and Maria are taking the Jetta. Alex and Isabel are taking his car. Tess and Kyle are in the Mustang and Liz and I'll take my jeep. We'll meet up at the prom afterwards." He looked at Liz. "After prom, we are on our own."

No sooner had they finished going through their plans, Philip and Diane Evans walked in.

"Look at my babies!" Exclaimed Mrs. Evans. "You're all grown up. Before I know it you'll be starting college, moving out and starting a family." Tears threatened to surface in her eyes.

"You all look very nice." Mr. Evans commented. "I bet you're anxious to get going."

"Yea, we are." Max said. "Let's get the pictures over with. Our reservations are for six."

The group gathered into the living room. Diane and Philip insisted on taking several pictures of Max and Isabel together. Then several more were taken with each others dates. The Evans's didn't leave Kyle, Tess, Michael and Maria out. After they'd taken all the photos they wanted with Isabel and Max, they took pictures of them.

"All right, everyone," Mrs. Evans exclaimed. "Last three pictures I want everyone in."

The friends all gathered together. Michael had his arm around Maria. Max held Liz gently in front of him. Isabel and Alex were hugging, and Kyle put his arm across Tess's shoulder. 'This is how it should always be.' Each of them thought, simultaneously.

"Ok, everyone," Philip Evans began. "say cheese."

Part 9 | Index | Part 11
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.