FanFic - Other
"Letting Go"
Part 20
by Jamie Phelps
Disclaimer: Don't own them. Never have, never will. Would love to :-)
Summary: Max has come to terms with the relationship he and Maria share. Tess reveals some startling news the pod squad of something she uncovered in the compound while being held prisoner. The group is in their senior year of high school, but major changes lay ahead. When a call goes out to Nasedo offering a chance for the aliens to return home, they have to choose between what their mind and their heart says. Faced with the possibility of never seeing the humans again, the aliens must make a choice. Will they make the right one?
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: You must have read "Secrets" and "The Journey" or this fiction will not make sense to you. Please email at jamiep@egyptian.net or see the Other category on Crashdown.Com if you need either of the fictions.
"Max! Isabel! Maria!" A tall man gathered them into a hug. All three of them recognized the man, Mark, as their father. "I am so glad to finally meet you."

He stepped back away from them to take in their looks. "Isabel," He began. "you look so much like your mother." He turned to Max. "You have her eyes." He added. Then his attention turned to Maria. He pulled her close and hugged her. A single tear escaped his eye. "My little girl. I am sorry for all of the heartache I caused you and your mother." He wiped away the tear. "You look just like Amy."

Maria smiled. "You remember her?" She asked.

He smiled. "There have only been two people I have ever loved. One in on this planet which is your mother, Katrina." He said, nodding towards Isabel and Max. "And Amy." He looked beyond Maria and noticed Michael and Tess.

"Michael!" He exclaimed. "You look exactly like your grandfather. I'd know you anywhere."

Michael smiled. He'd never been told he looked like anyone before. It felt really good.

Mark turned to Tess. "I'm afraid I don't know you, young lady." He said.

Tess extended her hand. "My name is Tess." She said.

"Very good to meet you, Tess." He said politely. "Are you from here?"

"Apparently." She began. "I'm staying with Michael and his family."

"Very well." He turned back to his children. "Please come in and meet the rest of the family."

Taye interrupted. "Sir, I need to take Michael and Tess on to their home."

"Of course." Mark replied. "It was nice meeting you. Please come over whenever you wish."

"Thank you." Michael said. He walked over to Maria. He didn't want to leave her. Why couldn't she just go with him?

"I love you." She said, placing a long passionate kiss on his lips.

He smiled at her. "I'll see you tomorrow." He said.

As Michael walked away he felt the eyes of Maria's father burning into his back. An eerie feeling crept throughout his body. For an instant he thought of turning around, grabbing Maria and getting the hell out of there. But where would they go? 'It'll only be a week.' He told himself. 'Then I can leave.'

Part 19 | Index | Part 21
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.