FanFic - Other
"Letting Go"
Part 21
by Jamie Phelps
Disclaimer: Don't own them. Never have, never will. Would love to :-)
Summary: Max has come to terms with the relationship he and Maria share. Tess reveals some startling news the pod squad of something she uncovered in the compound while being held prisoner. The group is in their senior year of high school, but major changes lay ahead. When a call goes out to Nasedo offering a chance for the aliens to return home, they have to choose between what their mind and their heart says. Faced with the possibility of never seeing the humans again, the aliens must make a choice. Will they make the right one?
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: You must have read "Secrets" and "The Journey" or this fiction will not make sense to you. Please email at jamiep@egyptian.net or see the Other category on Crashdown.Com if you need either of the fictions.
Max looked around the large room they'd been led into. There were pictures on the wall. It must have been of his family.

"Sit down." Mark said. "I will let everyone know you've arrived."

He disappeared into another room.

Maria sighed. "I feel so out of place." She began. "Something's wrong. I think Michael feels it too. He hesitated before leaving me."

Max smiled. "It's just new." He said. "We've never experienced anything like this before. He's just scared because he has to face his parents alone."

"She's right Max." Isabel added. I feel out of place here too. Something' s off."

"It's not earth." Max said. "Wait until you meet the rest of the family. It'll get better then."

Just then Mark walked back into the room. "They'll be here shortly." He said.

He sat down across from Isabel and Maria and smiled. "Before everyone gets in here, I want to thank you guys. You saved my life when I was on earth."

Tears formed in Isabel's eyes. "We're sorry that we had to kill you."

"How can you ever forgive us?" Maria sobbed.

"There is nothing to forgive." Their father said. "What you did for me, I cannot thank you enough. Know that I've never held that against you. I never will. Now dry up those tears. You don't want the rest of the family to see you've been crying do you?"

The girls shook their head.

Mark smiled. "My beautiful daughters."

The door to the room opened and Mark was on his feet. Ten people entered the room.

"Katrina," Mark began. "These are our children, Isabel and Max." He touched Maria's shoulder. "And this is my daughter, Maria."

Max, Isabel and Maria stood up. Katrina went to them and hugged them with all her might.

"You are beautiful children." She commented.

Isabel noticed right away their resemblance. Their mother didn't seem much older than she was. She then noticed the man standing behind her. He looked just like Max, only slightly taller and more mature.

"Hello." He said, extending his hand to Isabel, Maria and Max. "I am Ian, your brother." He smiled. "This is my wife, Abigail and our children, Cole, Zoe and Tristan." Abigail extended her hand. Isabel was surprised at how much Cole resembled her brothers. It was like Max all over again. Zoe and Tristan both looked like their mother. She smiled to herself. It could be cool being an Aunt.

Max, Isabel and Maria were then introduced to their grandparents, Hugh and Christin, and their great grandparents, Angelica and Tomas.

It was getting very late by the time the introductions were complete. Mark stood up and stretched. "I will show you to your rooms." He said.

Katrina piped up. "Please, Mark. Allow me to show them."

Mark smiled. "All right." He moved to each of his children and kissed them on the cheek. "Sleep well, my children."

Isabel, Maria and Max followed Katrina down a long corridor, past many closed doors. At the end of the hall she made a right. Three doors down she stopped.

"You three will be sleeping together for a while. At least until we have your rooms set up permanently." She smiled at them.

"It's ok." Isabel said. "We're fine like this. We're not going to be here long anyway. We don't need separate rooms."

Katrina laughed. "Silly girl." She said.

"What?!?" Isabel asked, obviously confused. "We're going back to earth in a couple of weeks." She said. "Nasedo told us we were allowed to go back whenever we wanted." Maria added.

A look of concern crossed Katrina's face. "I'm sorry." She began. "You won't be going back. Your father has decided you are staying here. Nasedo didn't know that." She shook her head. "I'm sorry children, you can never go back." She shut the door and left the room.

Part 20 | Index | Part 22
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.