FanFic - Other
"Letting Go"
Part 2
by Jamie Phelps
Disclaimer: Don't own them. Never have, never will. Would love to :-)
Summary: Max has come to terms with the relationship he and Maria share. Tess reveals some startling news the pod squad of something she uncovered in the compound while being held prisoner. The group is in their senior year of high school, but major changes lay ahead. When a call goes out to Nasedo offering a chance for the aliens to return home, they have to choose between what their mind and their heart says. Faced with the possibility of never seeing the humans again, the aliens must make a choice. Will they make the right one?
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: You must have read "Secrets" and "The Journey" or this fiction will not make sense to you. Please email at jamiep@egyptian.net or see the Other category on Crashdown.Com if you need either of the fictions.
"Good morning." Sheriff Valenti said as Tess walked into the kitchen. "Are you ready for your first day of school?"

Tess smiled at Jim. He had been so kind to her, allowing her to move in with him and Kyle. He had even begun to treat her like a daughter, making her do housework and stuff. "I'm really nervous." She said, sitting down at the table. "I've never been to school before. I guess I just don't know what to expect. I'll be the new girl. What if I don't make any friends? What if nobody likes me?"

"Impossible!" Kyle Valenti said walking into the kitchen. He sat down across from Tess and poured a bowl of cornflakes. "There is no way anyone could NOT like you." He flashed her his warm, friendly smile.

Tess blushed. She had been living in the Valenti house now for three months. During that time she'd gotten to know Kyle. Sometimes she felt as though they were actually brother and sister. More often, and especially lately, she had begun to feel other things towards him too. She missed him whenever he was at school or at practice. Her heart would flutter when he walked into the room. And every time he smiled at her she'd get weak in the knees. She figured that would all be over now though, with her finally starting school. Being with Kyle during the day would surely make those feelings go away. But sitting at the table with him smiling at her wasn't looking very promising. She had to change the subject.

"Max, Isabel and Maria are supposed to be back today, right?" She asked.

"Supposed to." Kyle said. "Guess we'll see when we get to school."

"I need to talk to them." Tess admitted. "I've got some stuff that I think would be of interest."

"Like what?" Kyle asked, taking another bite of cereal.

"Well, when I was being held in the warehouse, I was able to document a lot of what went on." Tears welled in her eyes as she remembered the horrible warehouse. "I used to be free though, did you know that? I did, but then I attempted to escape and that's when they tied me up. Until that day, I had kept a journal of things I saw and heard. I even have some taped confessions." Tess looked at Kyle. She could tell he was amazed at what she was telling him. "I think I have some other information about their parents."

"Like what?" Kyle asked again. He seemed to really be interested.

"I don't think Isabel and Maria really killed their father." She said.

"What?!?!?!" Kyle stuttered.

"You guys better get moving if you don't want to be late." Jim said, walking back into the kitchen. "You don't want to be late on your fist day." He said, looking at Tess.

Tess was happy at the interruption the sheriff had caused. She didn't want to have to explain to Kyle what she had found out. "You're right." She said, smiling at Jim. "Come on Kyle, I want to make a good first impression."

Kyle pushed himself out of his chair and slung his backpack over his shoulder. "I'll see you tonight, dad. I've got football practice after school."

"I'm gonna go to the Crashdown with Max, Maria, Isabel, Michael and Alex after school." Tess said, placing a kiss on Jim's cheek. He was the only father figure she'd ever known. "I won't be late."

"Be safe." He told Tess and Kyle together. "You have my pager number and cell if you need to use it."

"We'll be fine." Kyle said, half-annoyed. "Come on, let's go."

They walked out to Kyle's mustang and got in. Tess loved the smell of his car. It was a mixture of "new car smell" and Kyle's cologne. She had to stay focused or she was going to begin slipping into Kyleand.

"Your dad said he made sure I got in a class with at least one of you every hour." She said, matter-of-factually.

"Yeah," he said. "Dad's worried that you'll have problems if you don't have one of us with you. What classes are you taking again?" Kyle concentrated on the road as he waited on her answer.

"First period is English, second period is Health, third is Senior Ethics, fourth is Bio prep, fifth is Computer Science, sixth is Psychology and seventh is PE." Tess said. She had memorized her schedule front and back so she wouldn't forget.

Kyle turned into the school parking lot and began looking for a space. "You have English with me, Maria and Isabel." He stated. "Max is in your Health class. I'm in ethics with you. Liz and Max both have Bio Prep at the same time you do. Alex is in your Computer Science class, Michael in your Psychology, and you're in PE with Maria and me. He pulled into a spot and stopped the engine.

"You ready?" He asked, smiling.

"Ready as I'll ever be." She responded.

"Let's go." He said, taking her hand and pulling her behind him.

All she could think about was him touching her. Nothing else. His hand felt warm. It was not much bigger than hers, but held hers firmly. She could feel herself slipping into Kyleland. She had to get out of there quick.

Maria and Isabel interrupted her thoughts. "Hey there." They said together.

Tess realized they were standing outside the English classroom. "How was your weekend?" She asked.

"Great!" Isabel said. "We had a great time."

"It's good to be back though." Maria added. "We kinda missed everyone." She looked away shyly.

Tess knew whom Maria was really referring too. She had apparently missed Michael a whole lot. "We're glad you're back." She commented.

The bell was getting ready to ring so they took their seats. Tess turned around and faced Maria and Isabel. She glanced around the room. "I need to talk to you guys tonight after school. Can you meet me at the Crashdown?" Her voice was no more than a whisper. "Bring Max, Michael, Liz and Alex."

"Why?" They asked in unison.

Tess looked around and let her eyes settle on Kyle. He smiled, encouraging her to go on. "It's about your father."

Part 1 | Index | Part 3
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.