FanFic - Other
"Letting Go"
Part 30
by Jamie Phelps
Disclaimer: Don't own them. Never have, never will. Would love to :-)
Summary: Max has come to terms with the relationship he and Maria share. Tess reveals some startling news the pod squad of something she uncovered in the compound while being held prisoner. The group is in their senior year of high school, but major changes lay ahead. When a call goes out to Nasedo offering a chance for the aliens to return home, they have to choose between what their mind and their heart says. Faced with the possibility of never seeing the humans again, the aliens must make a choice. Will they make the right one?
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: You must have read "Secrets" and "The Journey" or this fiction will not make sense to you. Please email at jamiep@egyptian.net or see the Other category on Crashdown.Com if you need either of the fictions.
Taye gently landed the ship outside the cave. Reentry into earth's atmosphere had been a breeze. What Nasedo had let him see had guided them safely back to earth. He knew Nasedo would be proud of him. He'd returned them safely to earth. He lowered the door to the ship and they all set foot on the ground.

"Home." Max said jumping up and down on the desert floor. "I've missed this place so much."

They'd arrived in broad daylight. Anyone driving out past the cave would have had to see the ship land. Taye looked at the group. "What are we going to do with this?" He asked.

Isabel smiled. "I can take care of that." She slowly lifted her hand and waved it over the ship. It started to disappear gradually. "Of course it'll always be there." She began. "But no one but us will know that."

Taye laughed. Isabel seemed so much happier since they'd landed on earth. In fact, they all seemed much happier.

Michael ran towards the entrance of the cave. He couldn't believe that they were actually back on earth. He lowered himself into the entrance and looked around. "Guys!" He yelled.

Maria, Max, Isabel, Tess and Taye all lowered themselves into the cave. They glanced around.

"Looks like someone's been staying here." Max said. He walked over to the mattress and sat down. He could smell Liz's scent on the covers. That was one smell he'd never forget. "Liz." He said smiling. He took in the rest of the items in the cave. His eyes came to rest on a pair of jeans and a second bottle of water.

Isabel had noticed them too. She walked over and picked up the jeans. They were definitely Alex's. "These are Alex's jeans." She said. Guess they've both been staying here. Isabel looked away. A sickening feeling invaded her body. She remembered the dream she and Maria had entered. She had thought the kiss Alex had given Liz was innocent. Could she have been wrong?

"Oh my!" Maria said, moving over to a table that had been set up. She picked up at bottle and a pacifier. "What are these doing here?"

Tess walked over to Maria and took the bottle from her. "Looks like a baby has been staying here too.unless there is a secret either Liz or Alex haven't told any of us."

"A baby?" Max asked. He knew it had to be wrong. There was no way Liz could have a baby. He'd been gone for so long, the only possible explanation was that it was Alex's. Why would they be living together if it wasn't?

Tears formed in Isabel's eyes. Maria noticed and walked over to her, wrapping her arm around her shoulder. She didn't know what was going on, but she knew Isabel was in pain. How could Alex do that to her? They had been so happy together and now he and Liz had a baby.

"We don't know there is a kid involved." Michael said. "We're just guessing."

"Face it Michael, Liz has a kid." Max said. "I've got to find her and ask why."

"I told you there would be changes to deal with." Taye said. "I'm sorry that you've been hurt by the change. Remember though, they've been through a lot. You've been gone for almost an entire year. They probably had no hopes of you coming back."

Isabel wiped her eyes and looked up. "Taye's right. We're not the only one who's had to deal with this. Maybe we should keep and open mind and just ask them about it."

"You're right." Max said. He turned to the group. "Let's go home."

Michael turned to Taye. "You can stay at my house until you find you a place." He said. "Tess, do you need a place to stay?"

She debated about what to do. If she and Kyle got together, it'd be awkward living together in the same house. Maybe sharing Michael's apartment wasn't such a bad idea. "Would you mind?" She asked.

"Nah." He said. "I got a couple extra rooms." He reached over and took Maria's hand. He drew her close and kissed her lips. It felt so good to have her near him. "Ready?"

The six of them left the cave and walked towards Roswell. It was a long, silent walk. Each of them was in their own little world. Just thinking about how close they'd come to having to spend the rest of their lives on Aardon was enough to cause a shiver to run through their bodies.

It was late afternoon when they walked into Roswell. The streets were quiet as usual. Nothing seemed to have changed much. As they rounded the corner Max stopped dead in his tracks. Coming out of the Ice Cream Shop was Alex and Liz, hand-in-hand, with a baby stroller.

"Oh my God." He said, stumbling backwards into Michael. "It's true." He said, shaking his head as if trying to get the image out. "Liz and Alex have a child."

Part 29 | Index | Part 31
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.