FanFic - Other
"Letting Go"
Part 6
by Jamie Phelps
Disclaimer: Don't own them. Never have, never will. Would love to :-)
Summary: Max has come to terms with the relationship he and Maria share. Tess reveals some startling news the pod squad of something she uncovered in the compound while being held prisoner. The group is in their senior year of high school, but major changes lay ahead. When a call goes out to Nasedo offering a chance for the aliens to return home, they have to choose between what their mind and their heart says. Faced with the possibility of never seeing the humans again, the aliens must make a choice. Will they make the right one?
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: You must have read "Secrets" and "The Journey" or this fiction will not make sense to you. Please email at jamiep@egyptian.net or see the Other category on Crashdown.Com if you need either of the fictions.
Alex pulled up in front of Isabel's house. It had been a long evening, but there was still some time to work on looking in the journal. "Do you want to come in for a while?" Isabel asked.

Alex couldn't tell Isabel no. He smiled. "Sure, for a little bit. We can flip through the journal and see what we can find. I'll leave when Max's gets home."

He followed Isabel into the house and sat down on the couch. She sat down next to him and pulled out the notebook. "What do you think is in here?" She asked him, flipping through the first few pages.

"I don't know." He admitted. "We may not find anything we need to know, then again, maybe we might."

Isabel laughed. She'd missed Alex all weekend. It was good to spend time with Max and Maria, but she'd been missing the alone time she and Alex had been sharing. She slid closer to Alex and pulled his lips onto hers. The kiss seemed to last forever. It was Alex who pulled away first.

"That was nice." He said, taking Isabel's hand. He thought a minute before he continued. "I have a question."

"What?" She asked, curious to the question. "Is it bad?"

"No," he said, laughing. "I wanted to know if you'd go to prom with me?"

"Alex, I can't." said Isabel. "Max, Michael and I made a pact to never go to one of those. I just can't break that."

A look of disappointment spread across Alex's face. He'd really been hoping that Isabel would say yes. It would give him the chance to show her off, something that he hadn't been able to do since they'd started dating. "It's ok, I understand."

Isabel could see the hurt in his eyes. Why had she made that stupid pact anyway? It was made when they had agreed not to let anyone in on their secret. That had all changed now. So why couldn't she break the pact. It wasn't like Michael and Max would remember. "You know what? On second thought, I'd love to go." She said, putting her arms around him. "I think it's a great idea."

"What about the pact?" Asked Alex.

Isabel gave an evil smile. "Screw it." She said. "Given the choice between spending an evening with Max and Michael or spending the evening with you, I'd take the latter."

Alex beamed. He reached over and kissed Isabel softly on the lips. When he finally pulled away, he took a deep breath. He was so relieved that she'd said yes.

"Well let's read a little of this journal and see what we come up with." Alex said, turning to the first page.

They read in the journal for a couple of hours. Nothing major stuck out at them. There were a few entries that they marked to show to Max.

November 15,
It's late evening and I hear Aliyah speaking with the head of her home planet. It sounds as if she's in trouble. The person speaking to her keeps saying that their plan may be ruined if they allow David and Mark to regain any of their memory. It was only luck that they found them when they did. Their minds had been so easy to brainwash. Was that what they did? Brainwashed them? I cannot imagine someone being so cruel to another person.

December 6,
She connected to me again. I don't understand it. I've tried connecting to People before, but it never worked. Why all of the sudden does it work with my new social worker? The men she is with are kind of scary. One man sleeps all the time while the other stares. It's almost as if they are controlled.

"Wow." Isabel said, shutting the last page of the notebook. "I didn't realize Tess had been through so much. And this doesn't even count what happened after she was tied up."

Alex took Isabel's hand. "All I can say is she's a brave, brave girl." He stood up and stretched. He hated to leave, but it was almost 10:30. Max hadn't made it home yet so he figured he and Liz had gotten sidetracked. "I 'm going to go, ok?" He asked, moving towards the door.

Isabel draped her arms around his neck and kissed him. She didn't want him to go, but knew that if he didn't leave, they'd end up doing something she'd regret. "Ok, I'll see you tomorrow."

Alex opened the door and walked out to his car. She stood in the doorway watching him drive away. She couldn't wait for Prom. To her, it would be the first real date they'd ever been on.

Part 5 | Index | Part 7
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.