FanFic - Other
"Letting Go"
Part 7
by Jamie Phelps
Disclaimer: Don't own them. Never have, never will. Would love to :-)
Summary: Max has come to terms with the relationship he and Maria share. Tess reveals some startling news the pod squad of something she uncovered in the compound while being held prisoner. The group is in their senior year of high school, but major changes lay ahead. When a call goes out to Nasedo offering a chance for the aliens to return home, they have to choose between what their mind and their heart says. Faced with the possibility of never seeing the humans again, the aliens must make a choice. Will they make the right one?
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: You must have read "Secrets" and "The Journey" or this fiction will not make sense to you. Please email at jamiep@egyptian.net or see the Other category on Crashdown.Com if you need either of the fictions.
Maria pulled up to Michael's apartment and stopped. "You're here." She said.

"Thanks for the lift." He said, getting out of the car. He turned and walked toward his door.

Maria sighed. "Aren't you going to ask me in?" She asked.

"Why? If you want to come in you should just follow me." He said, continuing up the sidewalk.

Maria jumped out of the car and locked the door. She followed Michael up the sidewalk and into his apartment. She sat down on the couch and waited for Michael to return. When he didn't seem to come back, she went searching for him and found him asleep in his bed. She jumped on top of him.

"What the hell did you do that for?" He asked.

"Why did you come in here?" Maria asked, lying down facing him.

"Because I was tired." He said, half annoyed.

"Then why did you invite me in?" She asked.

"I didn't." He said.

Maria didn't understand what was going on. Michael was definitely in a mood. She reached over and ran her hand down the side of his face. "Want to go through the notebook?" She asked him.

"Not tonight." He said, rolling over and pulling her closer to him. "I just don't feel like it."

"What do you feel like?" She asked, snuggling in closer.

"This." He said, putting his lips on hers. Their tongues found each other and danced rhythmically. It was such a passionate kiss. It was Maria who pulled away first.

"I was thinking," she began. "that Prom is coming up and I was wanting to go with you. I thought maybe you'd ask me but you never did. I don't know anything with you so I didn't know if you forgot or didn't want to go. But I wanted to ask you because I want to go and if you don't want to go with me then I'm going to go with someone that does want to go with me." She let her breath out. Sometimes when she talked she forgot to breath.

"Ok." Michael said, smiling.

"Ok?" Maria asked.

"Ok, I'll go to Prom with you." He said.

Maria smiled. She couldn't believe he had actually said yes. She had figured she'd end up going stag. But Michael had said yes. She leaned over and kissed him again. This time neither pulled away. Michael rolled over and pulled Maria on top of him. They stopped and took a breath. "Are you sure about this?" Michael asked Maria. She smiled at him and reached over and turned off the lights. "Positive."

Part 6 | Index | Part 8
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.