FanFic - Other
"Life Goes On"
Part 5
by Mandy
Disclaimer: I don't own any of the Roswell characters mentioned in this story (except the ones I made up, obviously) and I don't own the song "Blessed" - that's Christina Aguliera's property. So is "I Turn to You" and the poem "I Asked for a Moment" was written by my best friend Angel.
Summary: Destiny has made its mark, but can Max or Liz really move on? Are the four aliens still safe? A new arrival answers both these questions and changes all seven lives forever…
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: I wrote this a few weeks after I saw "Destiny" cuz I couldn't wait until next season to find out what happens. I know every author says this, but I truly believe that this story is similar to what will take place next season. Sure I was hoping that Tess would be grossly killed off in the first episode and have the six throw a party as the next episode but lets be realistic here. Anyways, I love feedback so please, talk to me! But be nice, please. I'm aware that I'm no Shakespeare.
Tess was laying on the cold metal table, strapped down by metal cuffs on her wrists and ankles, not being able to move a muscle. She could move her feet and her hands a bit, but was too scared to even dare.

"Why are these people doing this to me? Why do they want me? I want to get out of here. Please, get me out of here." She thought with tears in her eyes. She heard a noise and looked around the pretty much empty room. She saw a man arrive from out of the shadows. There were two other men and a woman behind him.

"So," one of the men said, "she is one of them?"

"Yes," replied another man, "she is."

The third man approached Tess and looked into her eyes. "Tell me, where are the other three."

Tess choked a bit as she tried to talk. "I, I don't know who you're talking about." She finally spat out.

"Well, I wasn't expecting you to answer but just know that there are more of us. Many more. All over Earth. And know that now that we have found you, an educated guess would tell us that the others are nearby. So it doesn't matter what you say to convince us otherwise - we will find them and like you, we'll exterminate them."

The four adults laughed. Tess shut her eyes and tried to focus. She wanted to use her powers to try to escape. But it didn't work. They were too strong for her. She gave up and relaxed again. Tears flowed from her eyes. She was crying so hard, she couldn't breathe. The woman came up to her and rested her hand on Tess' forehead. She started to scream as the women used her power to electrocute her. Tess screamed in agony and soon enough, her lifeless body fell back against the cold table, dead.

------------------------------

At the Crashdown, Max Michael and Isabel were still silent. Max knew he had to go after Liz and Jason. He had to protect her, together or not. Max jumped up from the table.

"Where are you going Max?" Isabel shouted after him. But Max ignored her and got into the jeep, speeding away hoping to catch them. Only a mile or so ahead of him, Jason's red convertible was driving along.

Liz looked over at Jason and smiled. "Thanks Jason. This was a great idea."

"Hey, no problem. I know a nice drive around under the sun always cheers me up."

Liz remembered the day the Max got into the accident on the old highway. Her and Max were so carefree. She longed for that feeling again. She remembered a few days ago when Max tried to set things straight. But with Tess around, she couldn't accept. Tess was his destiny, not her. Anyways, Jason was a nice guy. He was so caring and wanted to make Liz happy. For this she was grateful.

"You know Liz, if there's anywhere you want to go or anything you want to do, just speak up."

"Well…" Liz looked around at the empty desert land and saw a cute little tavern coming up on the right. "Why don't we stop here?"

Jason pulled over and they hopped out of the car. The tavern was empty considering it was only about 4:00 in the afternoon. They walked in and took a seat. An old waitress came over.

"Take your order?" she grunted, staring at Liz's odd uniform.

"Um… got any apple pie?"

"One apple pie…" she said writing on the pad.

"And I'll have the same," Jason said smiling at Liz.

"Two apple pies…" she said a bit more annoyed. "Be back with your food." She mumbled as she scoffed away.

"Well, friendly service they have here." Liz said smirking.

"Yea, though I hear that, that Crashdown Café is pretty friendly. And the waitresses aren't too shabby looking either." Jason said with his cute smile.

Liz just blushed. "I don't know. They aren't that great…"

"Well there's this one waitress… I think she's beautiful."

Liz looked up at Jason. Nobody had actually ever called her beautiful before. Not even Max. "Thank you."

Jason looked at her tenderly. "Liz, you know how I feel about you. I won't deny my feelings for you. You're a special girl and you deserve to know that."

Liz rolled her eyes at herslef. "I'm definitely not special…"

"Liz, you are. To me you are."

At that very moment, Max walked in. Liz and Jason both looked up in pure astonishment.

"Max? Oh my God, what are you doing here?" Liz got up and stood in front of him.

"Liz, you have to come with me. You have to. It isn't safe here." He looked over at Jason.

"Max," Jason said getting up now too, "Liz and I were just getting away for awhile. She's fine with me. Look, Liz told me about you two. I know that you and Liz broke up awhile ago and I totally respect that."

Max glared at Jason. "Liz you have to come with me. You can't say with him."

Liz started to get angry. And she never got angry with Max. "Why not Max? Why can't I stay here with Jason?"

Max stared at her pleadingly. "Please Liz, it's hard to explain, I---"

"No Max, explain it. What is it? Is he some psycho killer? Is that it?"

"Liz, listen to me---"

"No Max, no. You listen to me. I told you that we couldn't be together. You're upset, ok. I go out with another guy for like two minutes and you follow me and make up an excuse for me to leave? No, Max. You see, I am safe. You just can't handle the fact that I want to be with Jason today. Well guess what Max? That's too bad because this is my life. You can't just come here and tell me who I can and can't be with. You don't have that right anymore. So why don't you just leave."

Max was blown away by Liz's outburst. He was crushed. Not to mention scared at what Jason might do to her when he's alone. But he had no choice. He had to go. Max turned around and left.

Jason and Liz sat back down and Liz began to cry. Jason came around the table and put his arm around her.

"I can't believe I was so mean. He didn't deserve that. He was just a little jealous."

"It's ok Liz. He knows that. He was worried and he crossed the line. What guy wouldn't get jealous over you?"

Liz let out a little laugh. "Oh Jason."

Their apple pies came and the two sat and ate for a while before heading back to the Crashdown.

Part 4 | Index | Part 6
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.