FanFic - Other
"Life Goes On"
Part 6
by Mandy
Disclaimer: I don't own any of the Roswell characters mentioned in this story (except the ones I made up, obviously) and I don't own the song "Blessed" - that's Christina Aguliera's property. So is "I Turn to You" and the poem "I Asked for a Moment" was written by my best friend Angel.
Summary: Destiny has made its mark, but can Max or Liz really move on? Are the four aliens still safe? A new arrival answers both these questions and changes all seven lives forever…
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: I wrote this a few weeks after I saw "Destiny" cuz I couldn't wait until next season to find out what happens. I know every author says this, but I truly believe that this story is similar to what will take place next season. Sure I was hoping that Tess would be grossly killed off in the first episode and have the six throw a party as the next episode but lets be realistic here. Anyways, I love feedback so please, talk to me! But be nice, please. I'm aware that I'm no Shakespeare.
For the rest of the week, Tess didn't show up for school, or anywhere else for that matter. The three of them had given up and decided they were helpless. Tess was pronounced missing by the police but they could feel it. Tess was dead.

On thefollowing Monday Max and Michael were walking down the hallway of the school. Michael had decided that today wouldn't be a cut day, mostly using that as an excuse to get closer to the alleged killer, Jason. He wanted to watch him whenever possible. None of them had decided how they would defend themselves against these evil aliens that were seeking to kill them. Obviously, Jason couldn't be the only one. They suspected that his parents were also among the many. While walking the halls, the two boys saw Liz and Maria at one of their lockers, talking.

"So, the homecoming is on its way here! Looks like you and Jason might be going together!" Maria went on and on all week about how Jason and her were hitting it off.

"Maria, you don't know if he'll even want to go, let alone ask me."

"Liz, don't be so hard on yourself. You know he will. Now the only problem is my date, and your dress. While we work the shops for your dress, I'll work the guys for a date."

"Oh God…" Liz mumbled rolling her eyes. The girls started walking down the hall and they ran into Kyle and his new best friend Jason. "Hey Liz." Jason called to her.

"Oh, hey Jason." she walked up to him and saw Kyle too.

"Hey Kyle"

"Hey Liz"

"Hey Kyle" Maria cut in

"Hey Maria"

"Hey Jason"

"Hey Maria"

"Ok, ok. Enough hey-ing." Liz declared.

Maria and Kyle both headed in different directions leaving Liz and Jason alone.

"So Liz," Jason said staring at his feet. "You um, don't have a date yet for homecoming, do you?"

"Why? Are you asking me to go with you?"

"It depends on your answer I guess."

"Um…I guess so… Well, yea. I'd love to go with you."

Jason smiled. "Great. I'll see ya round Parker."

"Yea, see ya round." Liz walked off smiling. She wasn't quite sure if she should have said yea but hey, why not? It's homecoming and she deserved a little enjoyment.

-----------------------------

Max and Jason were both in PE as they were wrestling. Mr. Miller had assigned each boy with a partner to wrestle with. Max just so happened to get stuck with Jason. The two boys got onto the mat and practiced a few moves. Jason accidentally twisted Max's arm too far back when he tried to flip him and he hurt him.

"Damn" Max muttered.

"Sorry man, you ok?" Jason asked a feeling a bit guilty, especially for all the tension going on.

"Yea, I'm fine."

The boys got back to doing their moves as they practiced he flip again. When Jason went for Max's arm to flip him, he touched the injured muscle and had a flash. A rush of images came across his face. Max as a boy, having his first Christmas. Max and Isabel celebrating their 10th birthday. Max during his first day as a freshman. Liz walking down the hall in a short black skirt with some friends. Max playing basketball with his dad. Max seeing Liz get shot. Max healing Liz. Max and Liz kissing. Michael blowing Pierce away with the swoop of his hand. Jason fell back onto the mat.

"Are you ok?" Max asked, not caring whether or not the guy just fell down or broke open his head for that matter.

"Uh, yea, I'm… fine." Jason was confused about what he saw. He now had no doubt that Max and Michael were two of the remaining three aliens, he just didn't understand he whole shooting thing.

"Liz was shot? And Max healed her? In front of everyone? Who shot her? And does she know about Max?" Jason was having a brain overload. He couldn't comprehend why Max could do something like that. By healing her, Liz would know. But Liz had a relationship with him. No human would ever be normal again after finding out that there was an alien walking among them. But she knew. Jason could tell. He could feel how Max felt, especially when Max kissed her. And Liz meant everything to him. But why had they broken up? Jason was fazed for the rest of the day.

When school let out, Jason got into his car and sat there to think.

"All this time Liz knew." He thought. "And she didn't care. She is special. Any girl in her right mind would have flipped. But Liz didn't. She even fell in love with the guy. But enough about Liz. I need to get Max and Michael. Getting them is my top priority." Jason drove away. He needed time to process everything. Well mainly the fact that the girl he cared for was in love with his enemy. He had time to hand the two guys over to the council. He had only been here two weeks and had already found three-fourths of the group - he could wait another week or so.

Days passed, and Liz and Maria were wondering through town trying to find Liz a dress. Exasperated from not finding one, the girls stopped into the ice-cream parlor.

"Liz, you're so lucky you have a date. Look at me, the dateless wonder. I have a week left and to tell you the truth, I don't think I'm gonna find one." Maria put her head onto the table.

Liz thought for a minute. "Maria, do you wish that you and Michael were still together?"

Maria removed her head from the table and looked sympathetically at her also heartbroken friend. "I don't know. I mean sure I miss him, but I was right about the whole thing from the beginning. Human-alien relationships do not work out. I mean look at it in the long run. Can you really see you and Max having a normal carefree life together? I know I can't with Michael."

Liz shifted uncomfortably at the mention of Max's name. She hadn't told Maria about the day that Max followed her and Jason, let alone his request for her to come back.

Maria could see something was up. "What is it?"

"Well… last Wednesday, the reason I left my shift was because Max and I sort of got into a argument. He asked if we could get back together." Liz paused and felt as though she would burst into tears if she continued. "Maria, I wanted it so bad. I did. I love him more than anything, but I knew that it wasn't fair. Not to him or the rest of them for that matter. Anyway, he has Tess now. She's his destiny and he can't deny that." Liz decided to leave the whole following story between her, Jason, and Max. Anyway, if Maria hadn't noticed she left that day too, then why bother telling her?

"You just gotta be strong babe. We all do." Just then, Maria looked out the window to see Alex and Isabel walking down the street together.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't the dog and his master." She mumbled.

Liz looked around and then spotted them. They had their arms around each other and were smiling and laughing the way a couple should.

"Don't they realize what they're doing?" Maria asked, trying to hide her very obvious feelings of jealousy.

"I guess Isabel just can't seem to let go." Liz answered quietly.

"Neither can he. Anyway, they're both just going to get hurt in the end. I mean Isabel can't keep denying this... this…destiny thing, and pretending she's normal."

The two girls watched the happy couple walk down the busy street and out of sight. As usual, Maria tried to lighten the mood. "So, are we just gonna sit around, or are we gonna finish looking for your dress?" The girls got up and continued on their way.

Part 5 | Index | Part 7
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.