FanFic - Other
"Love Takes Time"
"Days Last Forever"
Part 15
by Mellissa
Disclaimer: Roswell, the characters, and situations are owned by the WB. No infringement intended.
Summary: Isabel POV
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Nothing can describe the relief I feel as Maria flutters her eyes open. She looks around for a couple of moments, trying to discern where she is. Her gaze rests on Michael, and she smiles.

"Did I miss much?" she asks. I grin. Same old Maria.

"I'm going to get the doctor," I say. I really want to get away, and wipe the tears of joy from my face. Once in the hallway, I spy Alex and Liz making their way to the room.

Alex sees me tears, and a look of alarm fills his face.

"What's wrong? Is it Maria?" he asks, worried. I shake my head. My throat's choked up. I can't speak.

"She's awake!" I finally say. His face breaks out into a huge grin. He turns to Liz and hugs her. She hugs back fiercely. Then he hugs me. I hold onto him tight. He spins me in a little circle. I love the feel of his arms. The way he makes me feel I'm the only one on Earth.

"Oh my God! Was it...?" he asks pulling away. I know what he's asking. He can't say it outloud. In other lifetime (only a few months) he would have. But he understands now.

"Yeah. Max," I answer. Liz smiles. I suddenly know she and my brother are together. I'm happy for them. I know that this is a very different Liz than the one Max previously pushed away. I hope he knows what's good for him this time.

"Come on, Alex. Let's go see her," Liz says. Alex looks at me questioningly.

"You coming?" he asks.

"I'm going to get a doctor," I reply. I walk towards the nurse's station.

---

When the night has come
And the land is dark
And the moon is the only light we'll see
No I won't be afraid, no I won't be afraid
Just as long as you stand, stand by me

"I need Maria DeLuca's doctor. She's awake," I tell the nurse at the station. She nods, and moves away. I'm dismissed.

That cool dismissal would have bothered me in another life. Not now. I'm too happy. I know my face must look very odd. Tear tracks on my cheeks, sparking eyes, and a huge grin. Maria's going to live!

And darlin', darlin', stand by me, oh now now stand by me
Stand by me, stand by me

If the sky that we look upon
Should tumble and fall
And the mountains should crumble to the sea
I won't cry, I won't cry, no I won't shed a tear
Just as long as you stand, stand by me

Before, I never would have thought I'd be this close to a human. But she's no normal human. She's managed to get under everyone's skin. Just like Liz and Alex. Without them in our lives, I don't know where any of us would be.

Liz has been so much for all of us. And what's she done for Max ... well, that could fill a book. She's made me feel normal on many occasions. Michael told me what she said to him the other night. About him being like a brother to her. He needed that. Someone other than Max and I to care about him that way.

And darlin', darlin', stand by me, oh stand by me
Stand by me, stand by me, stand by me-e, yeah

And Maria? She taught Michael how to feel. How to love. Emotions he's never felt before, thanks to her. She's been so good to me. I know at first, she freaked. But, now, she treats me like sister. Growing up with only Max and Michael, that means more than she'll ever know. I know she cracks Max up regularly. He's told me many times that Maria's supported Liz through his push-aways, so he says that's enough for him.

Whenever you're in trouble won't you stand by me, oh now now stand by me
Oh stand by me, stand by me, stand by me

And Alex. Where can I even begin? He's saved Michael's life. He's saved Max's. And he's melted my heart. That ice goddess act I've grown accustomed to is just about gone. I don't even remember what it was like to think I was superior to everyone and anyone. So, he's saved mine.

I should probably tell him that.

Darlin', darlin', stand by me-e, stand by me
Oh stand by me, stand by me, stand by me

Yeah, I think I will.

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 16
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.