FanFic - Other
"Moral Quandary"
"THE BEGINNING OF AN END"
Part 3
by Em
Disclaimer: Ain't mine, but sue me, I dare ya. All you will get is a shiny nickel and a p.o.s. computer.
Summary: Maria has to make a choice without a solution that leaves everyone happily ever after.
Category: Other
Rating: R
*1 week before*

"Hello Maria?"

"Oh hey Lizzie! Hey what's wrong?"

"I've been having the dreams again Maria. Ever since I became pregnant I've been having the dreams. For the first 3 months of it, they were begging me to go to them at this place, but after I wouldn't go there just telling me it's to late and I should just come now for the baby."

"Shit, well what did your wonderful husband Max say? Are you going to go?"

"I've tried to tell Max, but he said I would get crazy dreams when I'm pregnant, and Maria these aren't dreams, these are messages. These could be communication from his planet telling me my baby is in trouble, and I HAVE to go. And please, please can you come with me Maria?"

"You KNOW I will, besides, you need me to drive, right 9 months pregnant lady?"

"Yes, I really need you, your the only one that believes me! Don't bring Michael Maria, please, this is just us. I don't need him breathing down my neck."

"I swear Liz, I won't let Michael step foot near my car. But I will have to tell him I'm going, you know how he is."

"Oh yeah, if you didn't, he would probably blow up half of Roswell's lights worrying, AGAIN."

"Hey! I still stand by the fact that that club wasn't his thing, and going alone would have been for the best!" Maria argued.

"Yes Maria. Please do keep telling yourself that." Liz said patronizingly.

"Shut up Liz!" Maria said with a chuckle.

"Well, I gotta go leave a note for Max, I will meet you at the crashdown. We will probably be there a couple of days, pack some clothes, but not your whole damn closet kay?"

"Hey! I'm a good packer, you should never be caught unprepared! That would lead to chaos, then mayhem, then the whole world would just be thrown into upheaval!" Maria said dramatically.

"Ha! You are such a psycho!" Liz said with a laugh.

"Bye Liz, Michael's here!"

"Bye Maria, remember T-H-E- C-R-A-S-H-D-O-W-N." Liz spelled out for her.

"Who was that?" Michael asked coming up from behind Maria and kissing her on the neck.

"That was Liz, me and her are planning a little road trip for a couple of days." Maria said then gave him a quick kiss before she went to her room to get a bag.

"No your not! She is 9 months pregnant Maria, that's just plain lunacy!" Michael argued.

"I know it seems a little drastic and kindda shifty, but Liz really needs to go to this place she has been dreaming about."

"Oh God now I've heard it all, you are going on a pregnant ladies crazy dream quest!"

"Your one to talk about crazy dreams Michael!"

"Well putting that aside, you are NOT going, what if something is there?! How could you protect yourself! That's my final word, you cannot go." Michael said firmly.

"Wow, you actually said that like I give a damn. You aren't the boss of me, or my keeper. So excuse me while I go meet Liz." Maria said shocked he would act like she followed orders.

"No! Maria you are not going! Your a sucky driver, and you will get Liz hurt God dammit, so no!" Michael said while pulling her back.

"Don't you fucking touch me Michael! Liz is my best friend and she needs me, and nothing sort of God's wrath will keep me from being there for her! AND FUCK YOU! I will never get Liz hurt!" Maria shouted pushing Michael back, and ran to her car and speed off.

"Maria! There you are! What took you so long? I was beginning to think you wouldn't come." Liz said throwing her arms around Maria.

"Michael and I had a fight because I was leaving. He tried to stop me."

"What did he say?"

"Hey said that I would get you hurt and this was a crazy pregnant woman's dream."

"What did you do?"

"I told him to go fuck himself, and said I would never hurt my Lizzie!"

"Girl power baby!"

"Woo!"

"Well, let's get this show on the road Maria!" Contrite at Midnight

*In the Present*

Laying on her side staring at the wall, Maria was contemplating the past events that occurred. Suddenly Michael crawled in bed behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist.

After a while he said, "You know...after you left, I got up off the floor and came out side, and...and I saw everybody. I saw Max pale as hell- just- just curled up in a ball shaking. I saw Isabel huddled around Alex trying to make him stop hiccupping. It's like the sobs were making it hard for him to breathe."

"And I just looked at them. Watched their emotions, and I got it. It finally hit me. Liz is dead. Liz is your best friend. You had to save her child and let her die. I called you a murderer. And I couldn't even imagine how much I could hate myself as much as I did right then. But I also felt something more selfish- more hopeless."

"We can't have kids can we? I wanted to badly for Liz to be that sign that me and you could start a family- that I could be the father I never had, and just prove everybody wrong, you know? That I wasn't so completely fucked-up. That I could take care of my wife and children. But when Liz didn't come back with you, it hit me. And I reacted like I always do when I'm upset, I attacked. But I want you to know that I never meant those words. I love you. But the prospect of never having kids just made me snap. I don't want you to be hurt. I wouldn't be able to handle you dying on me, not like you can. Your stronger then me." Michael whispered into her neck. Maria could feel the tears running down her back.

"Oh God, Michael, what happened with Liz, it just wasn't fair! I mean, we don't know ANYTHING about cross breeding, and she-she didn't know that the dreams were trying to help her. No one knew. It's not your alien backgrounds fault, it's not Liz's fault, it's not Max's fault. It's- it's not my fault. We didn't know. WE SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BUT WE DIDN'T! But Michael, we can have a family. Liz just didn't have enough energy- she was so drained Michael, so completely drained that no one could heal her, she would have been a vegetable after giving birth. I met your people. Liz's son was the prince of your planet Michael, and I had to save him. And now I have to take care of him until Max can pull himself together. Even after because I have to be there for him. I have to watch over Liz's child, and I just have no fucking clue what I'm doing." Maria said with a shuddering sigh.

This is the kindda thing that happens to tough women who can hold there own. I'm the fucking wacky sidekick. How can I do this, when I will probably end up messing the kid up and dooming thousands of people.

"Maria, you may not know what your doing, and neither do I, but I know we will be able to pull this off because this is too important. Your friend died to save my planet, and this child is way to important. You are the most..surprising girl I have ever met. And your also the strongest. You can pull this off. WE can pull this off. " Michael said with a reassurance that Maria couldn't help being inspired by.

"Michael, I'm 22 years old. It would just figure that I have the chosen child that we all have to train to help save a planet from being blinked out of existence, and on top of it, my best friend dies under my a-ok, I knock out my boyfriend, and I still didn't take out the garbage. I'm just waiting for the next episode of Day's of our Lives to unfold."

"At least you can never say your life was that dreaded word 'normal'.

"Nope- I think I kissed that word good-bye when the beefy Beavis got trigger happy." Maria said. The rolled over to rest her head on Michael's forehead.

"Am I forgiven?" Michael said giving her a kiss.

Just then little Max cried out.

"Hold that though spaceboy, I have to tend to lil Max." Maria said then went to the crib and picked Max up and rocked him. After a while he calmed down and fell back asleep.

Michael just watched Maria take care of the child and got a little charge. This could be him and Maria with their own rugrat someday. He smiled at that thought. They could have kids!

"You know, he has Max's eyes, and Liz's nose." Maria said after a while of gazing at the infant.

"I can't wait to see what features our kids will have." Michael said wrapping his arms around the back of Maria and resting his chin on the top of her head.

"It definitely should have your eyes, and my hair." Maria said with a small chuckle.

"And your cute little nose. But it should have my manly strength and smarts."

Maria just laughed at that. Michael stuck his tongue out at her.

"Come on Spaceboy, let's go to bed. We have a long day tomorrow. I have to talk to Max."

Part 2 | Index | Part 4
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.