FanFic - Other
"More of us"
Part 2
by Christina
Disclaimer: All the people and places from the TV show Roswell are not mine. I only own a few characters in this story.
Category: Other
Rating: PG
Authors Note: I own Anna, Caley, Jordan, and any other characters not mentioned that aren’t the WB’s. Just remember, the character’s thoughts are in brackets [like this]. Have fun!!! Luv ya. Christina Conrader
A Meeting at the Crashdown Café

February 2,2000 The Crashdown Café

Anna: Are you Liz?

Maria: No, I’m Maria. Liz is off today. What can I do for you? Anna: I really need to talk to Liz. Can you tell me where she is? Maria: You’re not from around here are you? Anna: No, I’m not. I’m kind of a friend from out of town.

Maria: I’ll see if she’s somewhere in the back. Have a seat at the bar. Can I get you anything?

Anna: No thanks.

Maria: Okay, I’ll be right back. (Maria walks into the kitchen.)

Maria: Hey, Liz, you back there?

(Liz come out of her father’s office.) Liz: Yeah, what’s up? Maria: There’s a friend from out of town to see you and apparently she thinks you’re a blonde. Liz: What do you mean by that? Maria: She asked if I was you. Liz: I’ll check it out.

Maria: I’m going with you. She might be after Czechoslovakians. Be careful. Liz: Be calm and casual. Maria: You’re talking to me, remember?

(They walk out into the dinning area. Anna is still at the bar.) Liz: Hi, I’m Liz, and you are? Anna: Anna. Liz: What did you need to talk to me about? Anna: I was wondering if you could tell me where Max is? Maria: Czechoslovakian hunter alert. Anna: What are you talking about? That country doesn’t exist anymore.

Liz: Maria. ( Liz gives Maria a fierce look.) Liz: Don’t mind her. Max isn’t here right now. Do you want me to give him a message?

Anna: I know why you’re protecting him. Liz: Look, he’s just a regular customer and a casual acquaintance. He doesn’t need my protection. Anna: You were shot here in this café and he healed you. I know who he is. Liz: You must be listening to some whacked out tourist because I was only shot at and I fell and broke a ketchup bottle. That’s all. (Anna leans in close to Liz across the counter.)

Anna: If I were human. I would almost believe that lame story. Maria: She is not serious. She can’t be. There are no more Czechoslovakians in Roswell! There just can’t be. Liz: Maria, shut up! Maria: I need some cedar oil. Please excuse me. (She goes into the kitchen.) Anna: Did I say something wrong?

Liz: Prove that you’re not lying about what you said. (Maria comes back out of the kitchen and stands behind Liz.) Anna: Okay. ( Anna looks around the café to make sure no one’s looking. She then waves her hand over a glass of Coke on the counter. The ice melts and the Coke starts to steam until it comes to a boil.) Anna: Is that proof enough for you? Liz: Uh. . .

Anna: I’ll take that as a yes. Can I see Max? Liz: I wasn’t lying when I said he wasn’t here. (Max walks up to the counter beside Anna.) Max: Who’s not here? Liz: Max, hi. This is Anna. You two have a lot in common. Maria: Yeah. Same age, same home planet, same hair color. You know, the usual. Max: Did I hear you right. Maria: Yeah. You have the same hair color, give or take a shade or two. Cedar oil? Max: Liz, what is she talking about? Liz: Um. . . Max, we’d better go in the back. Maria, go get the others. Follow me. Anna: Hold up, I’ve got some friends with me. (Anna leaves the counter and goes over to Caley and Jordan.) Max: What’s going on here?

Liz: Anna is one of you. Max: How do you know? Liz: She boiled a glass of Coke. See. It’s still hot. ( She hands him the glass. He sets it back down and blows on his fingers.) Max: How did she find us? Liz: I think we’re about to find out. (Anna, Caley and Jordan’s table.) Jordan: So, what’s up. Where’s Max. Anna: Over at the counter talking to the brunette waitress. Caley: Liz. Anna: Mm Hmm. Jordan: Who’s the blonde that just left. She’s a cutie. Anna: She’s Maria, she’s human and apparently there are more like Max. Caley: Really? That’s so great! Jordan: Can we go now? Anna: Let’s go. (They walk over to Max and Liz.) Anna: This is Caley Silverstone, Jordan West, and I’m Anna Durst. Liz: Nice to meet you. Follow me. (She leads them into the back.) Liz: Have a seat. Maria should be here in a few minutes.

***************

Section 2

(Mr. Parker’s office. Michael, Maria, Isabel, and Alex walk in.)

Michael: Can someone please tell me what the hell is going on here? Spaz-girl over here isn’t offering any clues. Maria: I should have left you in detention. Michael: I would have been better off. Isabel: God, you two fight like an old married couple. Alex: Everyone, simmer. Michael: Who are they? (He points to Anna, Caley, and Jordan.) Max: This is Jordan West, Caley Silverstone, and Anna Durst. They’re not from around here. Isabel: Obviously, but what are they doing here, Max? Max: Calm down Isabel. Caley: Isabel, we’re from the same place as you. Isabel: You mean you’re- Caley: We’re aliens, just like you. Michael: You aren’t from the crash, are you? Anna: No. Our families immigrated to Florida in 1947 and kept a low profile until we hatched from our incubation pods. Max: So, how did you find us? Alex: Ooh, story time children. Gather around. Anna: Through this. (She holds up the key chain.) Maria: My mom makes those. How did you get it? Anna: Caley’s friend, Amy, vacationed here and gave it to her as a gift. Caley: Amy has family here. Michael: What does some rink-a-dink key chain have to do with us? Caley: We were getting to that. Now would you cool your jets? (Maria snorts and laughs.) Caley: Any ways, I picked it up one night and I had a vision. Maria: So, why did you think I was Liz? Anna: Caley had the vision, not me. Maria: Right. Max: What did you see? Caley: You healing a gunshot wound in Liz’s stomach. I also heard her name and yours, but I didn’t see your face. I saw the front of the café and a few of the surrounding buildings so I knew how to find Liz, but not you. Maria: Well, that explains everything. This is all because of a damn key chain that my mother made. Liz: Maria, calm down. Isabel: Well, this is all very interesting, but I have to wash my hair. Alex, you coming? Alex: Fill me in on what I miss. I have to help the lady wash her hair. (Alex and Isabel leave.) Anna: Is he always like that?

Liz: Who, Alex?

Anna: Yeah. Liz: For as long as I’ve known him. Anna: Good. At least it’s not us. Liz: You get used to it. Anna: Hmm. I think I missed lunch. Maria: Do you guys have that weird food quirk? You know, sweet and spicy? Caley: Oh that, yeah. I usually put cinnamon or hot sauce in my drinks. Max: Tabasco sauce. Caley: What? Max: I usually put tabasco sauce in my soda. Caley: Oh. Jordan: Mouthwash and apple juice are good together too. Maria: I think I’m going to do a technicolor yawn if you don’t stop with these disgusting mixed drinks. Ugh! That makes me want to yak! Michael: And what a pretty sight that would be. Maria: My break is over, and I’m sure Stan is getting lonely. I think I’ll go out into the kitchen to keep him company. Jordan: Who’s Stan? Liz: Our cook. Michael: I’ve gotta go. See ya later Maximilian. Max: Bye, Michael. Liz: Bye. (Maria pokes her head through the doorway.) Maria: Liz. The dinner time hustle and bustle isn’t going to wait for you. Get out here. Liz: Sure thing. It was nice meeting you all, but I’ve got to run. (Liz joins Maria in the kitchen.) Max: Do you guys have a place to stay. Anna: Two rooms at Motel Moonlight. Max: High living, huh? Anna: Not exactly the lap of luxury, but it’ll do until we find a better arrangement. Max: You mean you’re staying? Anna: We’re not sure yet. Jordan: Caley’s not feeling well. We should head back to the motel. Anna: You guys go on without me. I’ll meet you later for dinner. Jordan: Sure. Come on Caley. ( They leave the office.) Max: Caley will be okay, right.

Anna: It’s just jet lag. She’ll be fine. Max: Good. Anna: I noticed too. Max: Noticed what?

Anna: That Caley was flirting with Michael. Max: Do you read mind or something? Anna: It’s my favorite power. Max: What about connecting with people, manipulating matter, or dream walking. Anna: Dream walking? Max: I take it that your parents never told you about that power. Anna: No, they didn’t. Max: One of us will have to teach you before you leave.

Anna: God, I won’t sleep tonight. Max: Why not? Anna: I slept the entire plane ride here. It’s a habit I’ve had forever. Max: Have you checked in with your parents yet?

Anna: I completely forgot. Where’s the phone?

Max: To the left. Anna: Thanks

Max: No problem. I’m going out to the café. I’ll see you later.

*********************

Section 3 Liz’s Journal

February 2,2000

I’m Liz Parker and today our lives changed again. Three more aliens have made their presence know to us. Anna, Caley, and Jordan. Anna seems to be the leader. Sort of like Max. I wonder what they were talking about? I think things are going to be okay. They’re nice, decent. . . aliens. And to think, getting shot was the cause of all this. Sometimes I wish it never happened, but I now see it as sort of a blessing in disguise. I wouldn’t have gotten to know Max. That’s the worst thing I could imagine. And despite all the commotion, Max and I are going out tomorrow night.

****************

Section 4 Maria’s thoughts

February 2,2000

I can’t believe this is happening. The FBI is finally off our cases and we find out that there are three more aliens among us. At least they’re nice, I mean, they seem nice. And that Jordan guy is too cute. He’s probably nicer than Michael. God, I could kill Michael right now. He knows I’m high strung. Why does he always yell at me? Cedar oil. I need cedar oil. *sniff* Ah, that’s better. Anyway, Liz and Max are going out tomorrow despite the objections of Isabel and Michael. What am I going to do about Michael? I can’t pretend nothing happened between us, can I? I just wish he didn’t make me so crazy, that’s all.

*****************

Section 5 Max’s thoughts

February 2,2000

Things were finally getting back to normal. Liz and I are dating, Isabel and Alex are on their way to dating and Michael and Maria, well, what can I say? They’re impossible. As I said, things were normal, and then three more aliens like us are dropped in our laps. At least they have their parents to protect them. We could learn so much about our home from them. And strangely enough they found us through a key chain. Anna seems to be the head of the group. She’s smart and level headed. Liz says that Anna is kind of like me. Always looking out for everyone. I guess she’s right.

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 3
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.