FanFic - Other
"More than they bargained for."
Part 1
by Brandy Burke
Disclaimer: This story was created solely for entertainment purposes and was not intended as a copyright infringement on the show Roswell.
Summary: Liz finds out a terrible secret from a strange visitor to the crashdown; Max tries to deal with losing Liz.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: I am very proud of this story and am very grateful if it has been posted. If you enjoy my work, email me and tell me so, I welcome any praise. If you would like to share some works with me, you can IM me on AOL instant messenger under the name of PastelPrincezz. Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Luisa sat back in his chair and watched the brown-haired girl manuver from table to table. He couldn't beleive her resemblance to Queen Murina. The scientists had really outdone themselves this time. This human girl had all of Queen Murina's aspects, right down to her silky voice. He was also exstatic that this girl had entagled herself in the life of the pods.

Pods...he laughed to himself. Why had those ignorant pod people sent their ship? Didn't they know the trouble pods could start. Look at these pods now! Their leader had almost gotten them killed! But he was glad that the pod leader had saved Queen Murina, otherwise he'd have nothing to study now.

He loved the way his scientists had recreated Queen Murina. They had found a human embryo on the verge of creating a personality, and manipulated this personality until it matched the Queen's. What was better was that the human woman carrying the embryo lived in the same town that the pod ship had crashed in.

Luisa thought about the pods. His people had controlled them for eons now. Oh how they tried to fight back, though. He laughed when he thought of the stories his grandfather had told him of slaughtering the pods.

"Well speak of the devil," Luisa said. As if on cue the pod kids had entered, all four. He looked at the tall leader...well, he certainly looked better in human form. And the Queen had noticed, because she stared at him as he sat down. "This is deeper than I thought," Luisa sighed.

* * * * *

Liz looked at Max as he walked in. The resteraunt was almost empty except for the weird guy in the corner and Max and his family. She hadn't seen him all summer. Micheal had quit his job. Tess was probably showing them the ropes. Suddenly, Maria walked up behing Liz.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

"It's times like this I wish I was an alien."

"I know exactly what you mean."

* * * * *

Luisa smiled. He had heard Queen Murina quite well. "If only you knew," he whispered. He then turned up his hearing so that he could listen to the pods.

"Why did we come here?" the leader asked.

"To get a burger," the blond one said. She seemed to be the only one not truely affiliated with the Queen.

"I wanna go," the leader replied.

"Maxwell, this was gonna happen sooner or later. You're going to have to see Liz and deal with it," the second-in-command lectured.

"Guys, give it a rest," the pretty brunette said, "Max is upset."

"I don't get it!" the blond said. "It's destiny. Deal with it."

"Well maybe I want to change my destiny."

"She's not one of us. She never will be."

"I don't care, I love her."

Luisa sat back and smiled. Who knew the Queen would entangle herself so deliciously in the pods' lives. He couldn't wait to see more, but he had to leave. He signaled "Liz" for his check.

"Will that be all?" she said in that silky smooth voice the queen always had.

"I'm afraid so. Here," he handed her a hundred dollar bill, "keep the change."

"But sir, your bill is only $3.95."

"It's the least I can do. You'll never know how much you've done for me."

"Are you sure?"

"You are more than you believe yourself to be. Look for signs to guide you, and please, accept my gift as a small token."

"Oh-kay. Have a good day sir."

"No, my liege, you have a wonderful day." With that Luisa walked off.

* * * * *

Liz sat on her bed. That guy from earlier was so weird. But it hardly phased her in the prescence of Max. It seems he had grown more attractive. She couldn't stop thinking of him. Right now, in fact, she was staring at his picture from across the room. She kept going back to that guy's words "Look for signs to guide you..." she began to mutter it. It was like a chant. Without knowing it, her chant became faster. She couldn't take her eyes off the picture. Then, all of a sudden, the picture levitated. It floated off of her desk and began to float to her bad. Liz gasped and stopped the cahnt, and the picture went crashing to the floor.

"Oh my God! What just happened?"

* * * * *

Liz had to tell someone what had happened to her. She wanted to tell Maria, but she would absolutley freak out. After Liz got over the initial shock of the levetation, she took the scientific approach to the phenomenon. She spent the rest of the night levetating pencils and other small objects in the room. All she had to do was think of the chant and concentrate on the object. She had become pretty good at. She had decided to show Max.

* * * * *

Max sat in his bedroom, resting. Tess had exercised his mind ruthlessly. He now knew the full extent of his powers. Tess was becoming ever more annoying. She couldn't stand the fact that he didn't follow his destiny and be with her. She didn't understand how he, Max, and Isabel felt loyalty to their "human" lovers. Isabel felt especially upset for leaving Alex. He had been understanding, saying he would wait until she figured out what she wanted to do, but Isabel still felt guilty.

Max couldn't stop thinking of Liz. Who knew she would be so unforgettable? He thought of her soft lips and her tender touch. He wanted to kiss her right now. He wanted to show her the pain he had been through the only way he could. She was his soulmate. How he wished she was his predetermined mate instead of Tess.

As if on cue, a knock came on the door.

"Come in!" he cried.

"Max, I need to talk to you," Liz said as she walked in.

"Liz. I'm so glad you're here. I need to talk to you too."

"Let me go first. Max, the other day there was a weird guy at the crashdown. He ordered six cups of coffee and paid with a hundred dollar bill. He let me keep the change. Then he told me some strange words and called me his 'leige'. Then that night, I was staring at a picture and it levitated."

"What?"

"Watch," Liz said as she scanned the room for an object to levitate. She found a pen on his desk and stard at it. She began to repeat the chant in her head. The pen shook, then it lifted itself off the desk and rose until it was eye level with Liz.

"What was that?" Max asked in awe.

"That's what I want to know," Liz said. "What did you want to tell me?"

"Umm...I miss you," Max said as he pulled her close.

"Max, I have to go. We can't do this. It's not your destiny."

"I want to make my own destiny."

"No Max. At least, not now," Liz cried as she ran from his room.

* * * * *

Liz ran through the streets towards the alley. She didn't feel like going through the resteraunt to get to he room. As she reached the alley, the strange man stopped her.

"I must talk with you," he said.

"Please, sir. I need to be alone right now."

"I understand. Take this with you," he handed her a silvr amulet on a silver chain. "It will help you understand." he walked off, and disappeared into the street.

* * * * *

Liz laid on her bed holding the amulet. It was a smooth, dark purple stone with a symbol on it. The symbol on it was three parrallell lines with a dot between each one. She held it to her chest and fell into sleep.

The dream she had was absolute terror. The sky was black and filled with stars. The ground was scorched with fire, but the fire was blue. She saw aliens running toward her. The aliens were the size of a human, but had grey skin and black eyes. She remembered seeing this in Nasado when Max and the others had revived him. Millions of them ran toward her. She looked to her left and saw a larger, blue alien. His skin was neon blue, and his body was huge. His eyes were relatively small,and he wore a strange type of armor. He held a sword made of some odd metal. As a grey alien charged at him, he drew the weapon from his side. He took it and pointed it at the alien. The grey one ran, with a similar sword. As he came closer, Liz somehow knew this was Max. She stared on as the blue one knocked his sword aside, then plunged his deep into the belly of Max. Liz screamed as Max fell to the ground, his body covered in green blood.

"Max!" she screamed, sitting up.

"I'm here," he said. She turned to see him beside her.

"What are you doing here?"

"Your mom let me in. What happened?"

"I had a weird dream. I saw aliens, your people, fighting larger blue people. I saw a blue one kill you, in alien form."

"How did you see that?"

"I think it came from this amulet," she held it up for him.

"What is it?"

"It's an alien symbol, my alien symbol. Max, I'm an alien, but I'm not one of your people. I think I may be...your enemy."

To Be Continued...

Index | Part 2
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.