FanFic - Other
"Nih-Hi-Cho"
Part 3
by Syndee
Disclaimer: The characters belong to The WB.
Summary: A secret society is formed when an Ancestral Pueblo Shaman prophesizes the coming to earth, in human form, of a being who along with his human mate with save the earth from annihilation.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: Prerequisites in order: "Treasures Found," (CD After-hrs,) "Tess to TESS," "Reflections," "The Baby Nexus," "Crab Nebula in Taurus," "Purple Passion,"(CD After-hrs,) and "Descendants-the Liz/Max Connection."
"Maria, You go over there and do it. Look at her, she's not going to go through with the plan." Teresa nudges Maria, almost knocking her off of her stool.

Isabel, Maria and Teresa are sitting at the counter of the Crashdown Cafe watching Liz and Eddie who are seated facing each other at a booth in the back of the restaurant.

"Wait a minute." Isabel grabs Maria's arm just as she would have headed toward the couple. "I think she's going to make her move."

The girls swivel the bar stools around in unison as they wait with baited breathes for Liz to execute their very juvenile plan.

Liz very casually nods to her friends before she discreetly knocks her purse off the bench and onto the floor spilling its contents.

Eddie slides out of the booth in a flash, and with his back to the counter, bends down to retrieve Liz's purse before kneeling to gather the spilled contents.

Isabel, Maria, and Teresa stretch their necks and lean forward on the stools to achieve the best viewing advantage of Eddies well-defined butt, as he chivalrously returns Liz purse to her.

"Yes," Isabel exclaims as she faces Maria and receives a triumphant high five. "Now, that's what I call a nice butt."

The girl's high-pitched squeals and laughter must drown out Max's approach because they are startled when they finally notice him standing behind them.

"What's so funny?" He looks from Isabel to Teresa whose eyes are watery from their hysterical laughter.

Maria's glance towards Liz and Eddie's booth is not lost on Max before she murmurs a breathless, "Nothing."

"When did Eddie get here?" Max throws the question over his shoulder because his attention is now focused on Liz and the deep conversation she is carrying on with Eddie.

"He's just arrived." Maria's steps in front of Max to stop his determined stride towards Liz and the handsome Native American. "Liz doesn't want to be disturbed."

"What are you talking about?" Max places his hands on Maria's arms to set her aside and continue his march to Liz's table.

Liz can feel Max's presence and his determination to join her, but Eddie is much more cooperative with her alone than he would be with Max at the table.

Max stops his progress as he feels Liz watching him, and when their eyes meet he reluctantly does as she wishes and stays away.

"Eddie, soo... has the HOTS for Liz. I can see the hearts in his eyes from here." Isabel shakes her head before she swivels her stool around and sips from her cherry cola.

"Lucky Liz," Teresa takes a deep breath and sighs before returning to her half eaten hamburger.

"What are you guys talking about? They're just friends. He's been helping us, remember." Max's last words are spoken through clenched teeth.

"Sure Max, whatever you say." Maria pats him on the arm before moving behind the counter to pick up an order.

"So, I take it you guys think Eddie's good looking." Max asks the three girls as he glances toward Eddie.

"Yeah." They answer all at once with a volume that reverberates around the room and snaps his head around to see their eyes of disbelief that he could even ask that question.

"What about Liz, does she find him attractive?" He turns his back to them and looks at the girl he loves, alive and animated and in deep conversation with another man.

"You'll need to ask her that question yourself dude." Maria looks up from her order book before replacing it in her pocket and walking over to Liz's table.

"What's up Maxwell?" Michael and Alex come out of the kitchen where Alex has been keeping Michael's company as suggested by Isabel.

"Michael, Alex, look over at Liz and Eddie and tell me what you see?" Max extends his arm in the direction of the occupied booth.

"I see Liz talking to Eddie and occasionally writing in her notebook. Why, what do you see?" Michael arches a brow and looks from his friend to the girls.

"I see exactly the same thing but my sister and company," he looks to Maria and Teresa, "think that Eddie has a thing for Liz.

"Most definitely, I though you knew that Bro." Michael playfully boxes Max on the shoulder before returning to the kitchen.

"Alex?" Max looks to his last hope.

"Sorry man, I have to side with the majority - he's a goner." Alex takes the stool next to Isabel and takes a sip from her soda.

"So Max, do you think Eddie will be able to help us find this Shi-Da person?" Isabel looks from her brother to Eddie.

"I don't know Iz. I mean, Mr. Parker weaves a good tale but how much of it can we believe?" Max shrugs his shoulders as he steps behind the counter to help himself to a fountain drink.

"Just make yourself at home Max," Maria reaches around him to retrieve a glass for ice tea.

Max returns to his stool and plays with the novelty straw in his cherry cola. His brow furrows in deep thought before he decides to voice an idea, that up until this point, he has refused to even consider.

"Iz, do you think it's possible that "Gray Ghost" was our father?" The statement is made matter of fact without him looking up from his ministrations of whirling the ice around in his drink with its straw.

Isabel's breath seems to catch in her chest as her eyes widen and she swings around to look at her brother. She stares at him, motionless for what seems an eternity before she answers with one word. "Yes"

"So, if Gray Ghost was our father and Shi-da is his brother-in-law..."

"Then, that would make him your Uncle." Liz walks up behind him and wraps her arms around his neck and finishes his sentence. "Shi-da is Navaho for Uncle."

Index | Part 4
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.