FanFic - Other
"Once Forgotten/I Believe"
Part 2
by Ria Stardancer
Disclaimer: I own nothing but an overactive imagination.
Summary: Future fic. Years after destiny, the alien four are finally home, and they brought their humans with them. But is the alien planet where they really want to be? Michael's POV
Category: Other
Rating: PG
Authors Note: I'm anti-destiny, anti-UC, and anti-unhappy endings. Don't worry, you're safe with me.:)
The first thing I remember when we entered the spaceship was the blaring light. Well, it was hard not to notice, since it was shining right in my eyes. Apparently this race, our relatives, have very bad vision. I think if I stay in this hell-hole much longer mine are going to go bad, too. Hardly much of a loss. I’ve never seen very clearly with my eyes anyway.

This paper is really weird, and their approximation of pencils are leaving green stains on my fingers. I really want to go home. Strange, isn’t it. I was at home that whole time, and that whole time I thought my home was somewhere else. Now that I’m in that somewhere else, all I want to do is go back.

The rest of them don’t want to go back, I think. They all lost their parents, and they think they have nothing to go home to. But what they don’t realize is that I lost my mother too, Amy Deluca, the only thing close to a parent that I ever had. Until now. But I want to go back because I miss humanity. I miss a place where the laughter rings out loud, where you can keep things about yourself away from total strangers, where I was only expected to carry on, each day, the best I could. I wasn’t expected to work miracles. And when I did, I could be proud, because they were unexpected, because they were right. Not because they were predestined.

Back to the topic at hand. . . The first things I saw were the lights. I remember how I shied away from those lights, and things just went downhill from there.

I met my mother, and my three sisters, and (to tell you the truth) I hated them all. They were vicious to Maria, rude to Liz, and condescending to us all, even me. The only way we kept them from taking our partners away from us was by saying that we were married, and Maria, Liz, Isabel, and Tess were pregnant. Unfortunately, that also meant we’d have to get them pregnant really soon. It wasn’t too terribly hard. Apparently all our worries about inter-species uh, crossovers, were totally unfounded. There is more human in us than alien. The girls were good sports about it too. They all figured they were old enough, and since we gave them the decision, they took responsibility. It wasn’t until after the four babies were born that the troubles started.

We’ve had to fight tooth and nail to keep our children with us. They wanted to take them away and train them in more alien ways, to keep them from human contamination. Only our status as leaders of the planet (at least in name) kept Maria and my Kally, Kyle and Tess' Sarah, Max and Liz's Tore, and Isabel and Alex's Aaron with us. Then the fighting began.

I really want to go back to Earth, where my wife and daughter will be safe, where I can be free again. . .

Part 1 | Index | Part 3
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.