FanFic - Other
"Once Forgotten/I Believe"
Part 7
by Ria Stardancer
Disclaimer: I own nothing but an overactive imagination.
Summary: Future fic. Years after destiny, the alien four are finally home, and they brought their humans with them. But is the alien planet where they really want to be? Tess's POV
Category: Other
Rating: PG
Authors Note: I'm anti-destiny, anti-UC, and anti-unhappy endings. Don't worry, you're safe with me.:)
I have the most wonderful, thoughtful, caring, loving husband in the world.

No doubt Liz, Isabel, and Maria would disagree with me.

Come to think of it, I don’t think Kyle would agree with me either. But he is. He knew I wanted to go home, and he did something about it. I know he did it for me, because he has no secrets from me, even if he thinks he does.

I don’t know why I’m so eager to go home to Roswell. I only lived there two years before the Rivals showed up out of the blue. I didn’t even like it much. Every street in that town reminded me that I had another home somewhere else. . .

Hey, I was young, inexperienced, and totally brainwashed. Remember the whole destiny fiasco from sophomore year? I didn’t understand anything more than what I had been told by Nasedo, and he described the home planet as a paradise.

He forgot to mention that it might not be such a paradise for humans.

Now I think back to Roswell, and I remember each street as one that led to a friend. I remember the whole alien theme as the endless hours of enjoyment we all got out of ‘if they only knew. . .’ I remember the feeling of freedom. In less than three days, I will be there again.

I know it won’t be the same. I know that there will be no Jeff and Nancy Parker to give me a place inside, out of the storm. No Phillip Evans to help me through my troubles, legal and otherwise, no Diane Evans to make my chicken soup when I have a cold. No Amy Deluca to give me a job, and a helping hand; no Jim Valenti to keep me safe. I will miss them, but it has been three years, and it’s time I faced it and moved on. There is still a life for me in Roswell, a life I really want to live.

I remember a line from a movie, or a poem, rather; I can’t remember it exactly, but it was something about sucking the marrow out of life. I’m tired of my stagnant, rule controlled life here, and I don’t want Sarah growing up here. I want to suck all the marrow out of life, I want to live the fullest life I can. I’m only twenty one, I have a life time left to discover. I can’t do that here.

Kyle knew that, and that’s why he did what he did.

That’s why I have the best husband in the world. In either world.

Part 6 | Index | Part 8
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.