FanFic - Other
"Once Upon A Time"
"The Lost One"
Part 5
by Jenna
Disclaimer: I do not own Roswell or anything having to do with it. But I do own my ideas and original characters. :-)
Summary: A new face appears in Roswell, someone no one knew about, and no one expected. She could give them the answers to all of their questions . .
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: This is my first fanfic, so be nice. I would love to have feedback! Please e-mail me and tell me what you think.
"This night . . .feels like a dream," Liz breathed later that night. She and Max were standing on the balcony outside her room, staring in wonder at each other. Max had barely taken his eyes from her since he heard that his destiny wasn't really Tess.

"You're telling me," he said softly, looking away from her face and down at her hand in his. It looked so perfect in the moonlight, his large fingers intertwined with her slender ones. He didn't want to let go.

"I feel so bad for Tess," Liz said slowly, reaching up and touching his face. Her heart was beating so fast she thought she was going to die.

Max closed his eyes and pulled her closer. "I don't want to talk about her right now. I just want to hold you. It's been so long."

Liz drew in a breath and kissed his neck, running her free hand through his dark hair. Max held her other hand tightly, pressing it to his heart. She felt his heart pounding.

"Max," she said suddenly, pulling away from him. His eyes opened and he looked down at her. Liz's eyes shone with tears and she bit her lip. "I need to tell you. About Kyle and me."

A pang of anger and jealousy ripped through him. For the first time in months, the image of Kyle and Liz lying in bed together had disappeared from his mind. Now it returned, in all it's painful glory. Her naked leg peeking out from under the covers; Kyle's stunned expression. Liz, guilty, bare shoulders exposed.

"I don't know what needs to be explained," Max said, hurt. How could she bring this up? Didn't she know how much he wanted to strangle himself over the whole situation?

Liz's mouth turned up in a smile. "It didn't happen. Oh, God, Max. Kyle and I didn't sleep together."

Max stepped back, his body tingling. "What are you talking about? I saw you, Liz. I saw you."

Tears fell from her eyes onto her cheeks. "No, Max. Nothing happened between me and Kyle. It's a long story . . .but I had to make you see that your destiny was with Tess."

Max didn't know why, but he knew she was telling the truth. It was like he just knew that something big . . .something beyond them . . .had made Liz do what she did. It didn't matter at that moment, though.

Max closed the distance between them and swept Liz into his arms. She wrapped her arms around his neck and buried her face into his shoulder. They stayed like that for an eternity. And when they finally parted, and their lips met in a tentative kiss, it felt like the first time. It was beautiful.

Tess stumbled through the park, tears blinding her vision. She almost didn't see Lauren appear in front of her. When she saw the tiny girl leaning against the tree, she turned in the other direction.

"Fine, don't say hi," Lauren said sharply, following Tess. They walked in silence, Tess several feet ahead of Lauren, across the park. Finally, Tess flopped down on a bench and sat quietly. Lauren sat beside her, slumped down with her arms crossed over her chest and her legs stretched in front of her.

"I don't know what to do," Tess said after a moment. "I thought I knew . . .I thought I was right. I was the freaking Queen. And Max was my King."

Lauren grunted, amused. "Did you listen to a damn word I said in there? You are still the Queen and Max is still the King. You just weren't in love. If you wanna be your alien self, then be it. Ava did not love Zan. Get over it."

"I feel like a fool," Tess said, managing a fake laugh. "Ha. What a freaking joke."

"You did what you thought was right," Lauren said with a shrug. "Look, if you want Max to be happy, let him be with Liz. Because even if you managed to get him away from her, he would never truly love you. And you know that."

Tess and Lauren sat together in silence.

Maria played with a strand of her hair and watched as Michael paced around the Crashdown. They were the only ones left. And so far, no words had been exchanged between them. Maria, not one to be quiet, broke the tension in the room.

"So, Lauren said that we determine our own destinies," she began slowly. "You don't have to be with Isabel. Max can be with Liz . . .thank God," she said, rolling her eyes. "Their little soap opera was starting to drive me crazy."

Michael flopped down in a booth and sat with his head down. "Look, Maria. I think I've heard enough about destiny and alien crap for one night."

Maria walked over to him and slid into the booth beside him. Without saying a word, she took his hand in hers. They sat there, not speaking. Just being.

Part 4 | Index | Part 6
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.