FanFic - Other
"One Night Forever"
Part 21
by Mslayer713
Disclaimer: I don't own the characters.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
After hours of talking, yelling, and arguing with her parents, Liz walked into her bedroom and turned on the light, screaming in surprise at the figure sitting on her bed. "Eddie?!"

He stood up and regarded her. "Liz, what took so long to get back?"

"Get back?" she repeated. What was going on? "What are you doing here?" she questioned.

"River Dog sent me."

"How did you get into my room?"

Eddie looked at the window. "It was open."

"So...so you just took it as an invitation?" she asked, her voice high. "What right-"

"I have news to help Max," he interrupted.

Liz stopped speaking, looking at him. "What?" she asked, her voice barley above a whisper. He could help Max?

Eddie seemed upset for a second, then continued. "River Dog has reason to believe that the one you call Nasedo is still alive."

Liz, speechless, sat down onto her bed. "But...he was tortured..."

Eddie walked a few feet closer, bending down to her level. "I did my part; you know now. It's up to you." Then he was gone.

Liz looked around her room, not knowing what to do. Numbly, she picked up the phone and punched in a very familiar number.

***

Maria combed out her wet hair and sighed, letting the brush fall to her dresser with a thump. She looked at the picture in the corner of her mirror and let a sob escape her lips. Her and Michael looked so carefree and happy then.

"How could you leave me..." she whispered. Letting out a low growl, she snatched the picture up and tore it in half, right down between them. After her short rush of anger, she realized what she just did.

The only picture she had of them together, and she ripped it in half! "I'm so stupid," she exclaimed, falling back onto her bed.

After a short knock on her door, Maria looked up to see her mom walk in. "Why are you so stupid?" Amy asked.

Maria sighed and sat up, holding out the 2 pieces of the picture. "I ripped it," she mumbled, trying to hold them together.

Amy sat down on the bed also and patted her daughter on her back. "He'll show up."

"No...he won't," Maria whispered.

Amy pushed a few strands of hair behind her daughter's ear and looked at Maria. "Honey...do you know where Michael went?"

Maria looked back at her mom and sighed. "I um, I don't know really...can we change the subject?" she asked suddenly.

Amy nodded. "Of course. Um, well, we can talk about me," she suggested.

Maria squared her shoulders and glanced at her mother. "And what happened to you?" she asked in mock anger.

Amy looked down. "Me and Jim...he asked me back out again."

"And?"

"And what?" Amy asked, her voice high.

"Are you gonna?" Maria replied.

Amy sighed and looked around. "I'm thinking about it," she said finally. She looked at Maria once more and she could see how much her mom wanted this. "It might be fun."

"Then do it," Maria said after a beat, taking her mothers hand.

Amy looked surprised, raising her eye brows. "Since when are you ok with me dating a 'Cop'?"

Maria shrugged. "You seem happy and...and who am I to deny anyone of their happiness?" she whispered.

Amy smiled slightly and pulled Maria into a embrace. "Honey...it'll work out," she promised before leaving the room. "Everything that's meant to happen does. Even the stuff that you don't want to."

Maria let her mother's words sink in, lying back onto her bed with a sigh.

***

"He could still be alive?" Kyle asked.

"Yeah...Eddie was waiting for me. He said River Dog thinks he is," Liz explained.

Kyle sighed, sitting back at his desk. "This is too much. What did Maria and Alex have to say about this?"

"Alex was asleep and I didn't call Maria..." she let her voice trail off, and Kyle could hear the light tremor of sadness.

"Hey, she can't be mad forever," he offered.

"Yeah, well, you don't know Maria then," she replied in a tight voice.

Kyle chuckled slightly. "Liz...you guys are best friends. It'll all work out." Liz was silent and Kyle figured he should take up the slack. "Hey, if ya want, you can hang out with me from now on. You just have to put up with the sweaty smell from Bob. He doesn't like the school showers."

Liz gave a half chuckle and added, "And the noise from the flies."

"Now now, they aren't that bad during winter."

Liz and him both laughed, but Liz didn't let the moment last long. "What are we gonna do?"

"I don't know," Kyle admitted. "But we'll figure it out."

"Promise?"

Kyle could hear the hopelessness in her voice and felt his heart constrict for Liz. "I promise."

***

Tess sat on the bed in the hotel room and sighed, hating this already. Would they constantly have to stay in cheap hotels the rest of their life? Tess cursed Nasedo in her head, blaming him for all this.

"It can get better."

"No..." she whispered, placing her hands up over her ears. "You're dead."

"Do I ever really die?" Tess shook her head and tried to force his voice out, but Nasedo's words kept repeating over and over. "Do I ever really die?"

"Stop it...leave me be," she begged, angry tears in her eyes. Tess barley even noticed that Michael had entered the room. "You ruined my life..."

"Tess?" Michael asked, walking over to her and placing a hand on her shoulder.

"Go away!" she exclaimed, jumping up. In her mind, Nasedo was standing there, not Michael.

"What?" he asked. "What's your problem?"

Tess's head cleared up, as if Nasedo was releasing it. She looked up at Michael and placed a hand over her mouth. "I'm so..."

Michael looked at her eyes. "What's going on? You've been acting weird all day."

Tess shook her head, deciding against telling him. Michael would want to go back, and they couldn't. Isabel said that the FBI was already in Roswell.

"Um...I feel sick," she fibbed, making her way into the bathroom and slamming the door shut before Michael could protest. Well, that wasn't such a big lie. She did have a headache.

"River Dog knows..."

Tess felt her anger rising and lashed out with her mind, cracking the bathroom mirror into shards. Right before they fell out she willed them into place, mentally making them forge as one again. The glass turned into a sliver liquid, her reflection getting disoriented in the process.

Halting it still with a thought, Tess glanced over it, noting how her face looked cracked itself. After staring at it for so long, she was starting to believe this was how she really looked. Suddenly, feeling a little dizzy, the mirror bounced back into shape, her face once more back to normal.

Tess wasn't sure which image was real, this one or the cracked version.

***

Alex woke up with a weird feeling of deja vue. Looking at the clock, he saw it was after 2 in the morning. He felt like he'd been sleeping for days, even weeks. But he'd only went to sleep a few hours ago.

Shaking his head, Alex threw his legs over the edge of the bed and was surprised when he didn't feel the floor. Looking down, he realized his bed was actually floating in water!

"What the-" Alex looked around and stopped short, taking in his view. He was at a beach; a perfect beach with pearly white shores and crystal blue water. As Alex looked down once more, he didn't see water, but sand.

"Ok...I'm never eating pizza that close to bed time again," he mumbled, carefully getting out of the bed. After walking away a few steps, Alex watched as the bed slowly drifted away, as if it was also sand, blowing in the wind.

"I better be dreaming," he added.

"I wish it were real."

Alex spun and saw Isabel standing by a palm tree, clad in a orange sun dress. She had a large white flower pinned up in her hair, making it seem to glow even more.

"Isabel..." he whispered, finally catching on. She was dream walking him; this was all her imagination.

"Actually, it's all you," she said suddenly, smiling at him.

Alex looked around then back at her, walking over. "I imagined this?"

She nodded. "I'm just here for the ride," she joked.

Alex looked down at his T-shirt and pajama bottoms and wished he was wearing something else.

"Just picture yourself in it."

"You're reading my thoughts?" he asked, looking her over.

She shrugged, a playful smile at her mouth. "Not that I have to, but I can."

Alex crossed his arms and thought "It's shame that's not a bikini."

Isabel shot her eyebrows up and crossed her arms also. "Not even in your dreams Whitman."

Alex smiled and looked down at himself. His checkered pants suddenly shifted into a casual pair of khakis, along with a white shirt.

"Nice," Isabel commented.

"I try." He then looked up into her eyes and saw through her playful banter. She was actually on the verge of tears. "Come here," he whispered, holding out his arms.

Isabel welcomed his offer and leaned into him, wrapping her arms around his waist. He heard her sniffle and he ran hand through Isabel's long hair, wishing he could hold her forever.

"You don't know how much I want that to be true," she whispered into his ear.

"I know," Alex replied, looking into her eyes.

Isabel smiled slightly and looked at him, her eyes full of love. "You've always known, haven't you?"

"The first time I saw you I was in awe, and it just grew as I became to know the real you."

Isabel looked down, and Alex wondered why she suddenly broke eye contact. "Isabel?"

"This is all our fault, you know?" she said. "As soon as you were pulled into our little 'group' your life was in danger," she added, pulling away some.

Alex pulled Isabel back toward him making her look him in the eye. "No... It's never been like that. These last years have been the best."

"Really?" she asked in a tiny voice.

Alex nodded. "Really." He leaned down and gently pressed his lips against hers, reveling in her taste. Isabel sighed and leaned into him, deepening the kiss.

Pulling away to get some breath, Alex looked down at Isabel. "So...this is my dream, right?" he asked in a soft voice.

"Uh huh," she replied.

Suddenly, there was a huge blanket stretched out on the sand, a small picnic basket, and the sun was sitting, making the sky all different colors. A few torches spouted up, making the beach glow orange. There was even a radio playing.

Isabel looked around. "It's so beautiful...oh," she looked at the radio. "I love this song."

"I know," Alex replied, leading her over to the blanket. "Please Remember" by LeAnn Rimes was playing.

They both settled down, looking into each other eyes. Alex knew Isabel would have to leave soon, so he planned to make this night last forever, even if would only be in his dreams.

Part 20 | Index | Part 22
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.