FanFic - Other
"Our Real Families"
Part 3
by Charmed Kitten
Disclaimer: I don't own them...just borrowing, but don't worry, I'll bring 'em back the way that I found them, all broken and depressed.
Summary: This is my thoughts on the aftereffects of Meet the Dupes with a bit of Max in the City or Journey to New York thrown in. I wrote the dupes without their accents, simply because it was easier to write. Hope you don't mind. Starts where Meet the Dupes ends....no spoilers just my own random thoughts. It does get a little dark later in the story, but not too bad. =)
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: This is my first Roswell fic so don't be too cruel to me, please? Hope you like it!
Liz could hear stomping and angry voices coming up the stairs to her bedroom. She got off of the bed where both Iz and Ava were sleeping, being drained from their tears, and leaned out her window. "Michael, come in. Maria and Alex are here."

"Valenti and Kyle are with them too," Michael said. Liz looked at him confused. "I saw them all at the back door." Liz nodded her understanding as she backed away from the window. Michael climbed back in just as Maria, Alex, Kyle and Valenti came into Liz's room.

"Okay, Liz. What the hell is so important that we have to get out of bed at nine o'clock in the morning on a Monday that we don't have school? And believe me girlfriend, this better be good," Maria said as she entered Liz's room.

"Maria! Lower your voice. Iz and Ava are sleeping!"

"Why do they get to sleep and the rest of us don't?"

"Ugh! Because we fell asleep waiting for you, that's why, Maria." Iz said rather harshly as she started to rub the dry tear tracks off of her cheeks. Maria noticed what Isabel was doing and immediately rushed to the bathroom and reemerged with a wet washcloth. She gave it to Isabel.

"Sorry," Maria said as she sat next to Isabel on the bed. She then noticed Ava as she was just waking up and the fact that Liz was handing her a wet washcloth as well. But she was actually wiping off Ava's face as the girl continued to lay on the bed. "What is she doing here? And where are Max and Tess?"

Immediately, Iz's shoulders crumbled and she began to cry again. "Max left. He went to New York with Tess, Rath and Lonnie for the summit." Maria wrapped her arms around Iz and began to comfort her. "Ava stayed. Thank God she did. Otherwise we would have even less information, and as it is, we don't have a lot."

Alex walked over to Michael and asked, "Michael, would you explain this all to us?"

"Yeah. But don't interrupt me. If you do, then I'll stop and won't continue." After getting nods from everyone that they understood, Michael began. "From what we've gathered while we were waiting for you guys to get here is that Rath and Lonnie killed Zan when he wouldn't go to the summit. Zan knew that they didn't want them, they wanted us. But Rath and Lonnie were determined to go. They want to go home, they hate Earth. So they killed him and came here in order to convince Max to go. They are going to try to use Max in order to get what they want. Ava isn't sure what that exactly is. They don't tell her much. She didn't even know that they were going to kill Zan. It happened too quick for her to stop it. And yes, I know that it's true."

"We think that they tricked Max into going by pretending to be Isabel and me. Apparently, Lonnie and Isabel were once called Vilandra. She betrayed Max and the rest of us in our past lives. She had an affair with Kivar, the guy who is currently on Max's throne. Isabel knew, Whittaker told her when she rescued Tess from the electric plant. Isabel didn't tell anyone because she was scared to, that we would believe that she would do it again."

Maria gasped in surprise. She tightened her grip around Isabel's shoulders and Isabel crumbled even more and began to sob openly. Liz moved to sit between Ava and Isabel holding tightly onto both of their hands. Alex moved from beside Michael to sit on the floor between Isabel and Maria's feet. He reached his hand up and held onto Isabel's free hand.

Michael smiled through the tears running down his face at the sight. "I guess that Isabel didn't believe in us enough." The gang laughed at that comment, including Isabel. Michael continued. "Lonnie knew that Isabel hadn't told Max about Vilandra. Iz told her when they were talking about what they knew. We think that Lonnie told Max and changed her appearance and Max confronted her thinking that she was Isabel. Ava had seen Lonnie working on changing her appearance the night before. Lonnie probably staged a big fight between Max and Isabel, causing Max to leave without her or me. Rath was probably a part of it too. We don't know for sure though. He came and told Liz that he was leaving, but no one else. But the problem is, we don't know what is going to happen at the summit, if they are in danger or not, and if we should go after them."

"Well, of course we are going to go after them! Michael, what are you thinking? This is Max. We have to tell him that Lonnie and Rath killed Zan, that they tricked him into thinking that he talked or fought with Iz and that no one but Liz knows where he is at," Maria responded in shock that Michael hadn't already packed preparing to leave.

"But Maria, what if we make it worse by going there? What if they don't know that there are two sets?" Liz asked. The room feel silent at that statement.

"But, what if it's a trap? What if Max gets killed? Or is so angry, he doesn't come back? What do we do then, Liz?" Maria asked.

"I don't know," Liz answered. She stood up and walked over to Michael. "What do you think?" The shock on everyone's face, even Michael's was apparent.

"What? Why are you asking me, Liz?"

"Because. You were Max's second-in-command, which means that when he was gone, you made the decisions. A part of you has to remember that, it's obvious because that's the way that you guys have always acted. What do you think that we should do, Michael?"

Isabel got off of the bed and stood next to Liz. "Michael...what are we going to do?"

Michael turned to the window and looked out. "We have to protect Max and Tess, no matter what. Iz, find out if Max is sleeping. If he is, take Maria with you into his dream and try to explain. But be careful. Make sure that no one else is in his dream. Max will trust Maria the most right now. He's too angry at Liz, Isabel and I to believe us. He'll trust Maria. If he doesn't trust her then take Alex in as well. You'll explain to him and hopefully he'll be able to tell us what he wants us to do."

"Okay, Michael. Maria, lay down on the bed with me, Alex lay on my other side. If I need to pull you in, I'll grab your hand."

"Wait, don't you need a picture of Max, Iz?" Maria asked.

"No. With someone that I'm really close with, I don't need a picture."

"Oh, okay. Well, let's do this. Hopefully, he's napping."

Isabel, Maria and Alex matched their breathing to each other and fell asleep. Liz turned to the other five people in the room.

"Are you guys hungry? I can make something for all of us."

"Yeah, Liz. That would be great," Michael said.

"I'll go with you. I can make a pretty mean omelette," Ava said with a smile.

"Okay. Call me if you need me Michael. I'll just be in the kitchen," Liz said as she gave him a hug before she and Ava walked out the door.

"Will do," Michael said with a smile. He turned to Kyle and Valenti. "Thanks for coming. I know that this is probably still really weird for you, even though Tess is living with you."

"Yeah, but we're a part of this too. Do you think that this will work, Michael? And what are we going to tell Max and Isabel's parents about where he is at?" Kyle asked.

"I can cover for Tess since I have guardianship over her but I can't think of a plausible reason to explain to the Evan's about this," Valenti added.

"I hope that this works, Kyle. I think it will. I know Max and he is probably really broken up about his fight with Izzy. They've never really fought before. But about the Evan's. Ava has the same um..talent that Tess has, the ability to make people see what she wants them to. We've already had her plant the memory of Max telling his parents that he is going to their cabin in Chaco Canyon for a couple of weeks. They allowed it because they have been worried about him. The only problem is that in order for them to feel safe about it we had to tell them that he went with you, Sheriff." Michael looked at Valenti with a mixed look of fear, hope and resignation. "I hope that you don't mind, Sheriff. But we didn't know what else to do. We can't have them calling up there to check on him."

Sheriff Jim Valenti smiled and shook his head. "Let me guess. Liz and you thought up this scheme?" Michael nodded his head sheepishly. "Yeah, it's okay. I'll call the station and let them know that I won't be in for a couple of days. And to forward all emergencies that I'm gonna be needed for to my cell phone. And I'll stay out of sight, but I'm gonna need your guys help with that. Also, call me Jim. It's easier and that way no one overhears you saying that you need to meet with the Sheriff." Michael and Kyle looked at him confused. "If the Evan's overhear you or Isabel talking about meeting me or talking to me, Max's cover is blown."

Michael and Kyle nodded their heads in agreement. Just then, Liz and Ava came into the room bearing trays filled with omelettes, scrambled eggs, coffee, orange juice and Tabasco sauce.

"Breakfast is served," Liz said as she placed the food in front of the guys. She sat down next to Michael and Ava next to her, on Michael's other side sat Jim and Kyle. They divided the food and began to eat.

Part 2 | Index | Part 4
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.