FanFic - Other
"Playing With Fire"
Part 2
by Love
Disclaimer: Roswell, the characters, and situations are owned by the WB. No infringement intended.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
The doorbell rang at 8:00 Friday morning. Dawn, up and dressed, answered the door and was surprised at who she saw. "What are you doing here?" Her voice was low and cold; her gaze stony.

"Now, is that any way to greet your boyfriend?" The man at door grinned his easy grin at her.

"You're not my boyfriend, okay? We broke up a long time ago. Get over it. What are you doing here anyway?" She was confused. Did he follow me to Roswell?

"I came to help out a friend. I saw you last night, followed you here. You still living with your old man?" He tried to look inside the house, but Dawn gaurded it with her body. "Touchy, touchy." He held out a hand to brush away a stray hair, but she slapped his hand away.

"Don't touch me." The words were spoken softly and menacningly. He just smiled. "Listen, do you want to tell me why you're at my house or shall I just call the police and report you for harrassment?" She looked at him, her head cocked to the side, her hair making a curtain over the right side of her face.

"Touchy, touchy." He repeated the words as he grabbed her waist and pulled her to him. She pushed him away with a new found force that even surprised her.

"Do the words 'restraining order' mean anything to you?" She glared at him as he backed away, his grin remaining on his face.

"Alright, I get it. Just know that you haven't seen the last of me." He was walking down the path backwards when Liz drove up and honked the horn.

"Thank you God." She muttered the words and grabbed her coat from the table next to the door. "Stay away from me." She shot the words at the man who was walking away. He grinned at her and she flipped him off. She hopped into the backseat of Liz's blue convertible as Liz gave her a questioning glance.

"Who was that?" Her brown eyes held concern, and Dawn knew she was lucky to find such an awesome friend.

"It was just a sales guy. He wanted to sell me a new type of condoms." She knew it was lame, but telling Liz the truth would mean telling her the *whole* truth. And Dawn wasn't up fof that.

Maria turned around and gazed at her through her sunglasses, but let it slide without questioning her. Dawn leaned her head back agianst the head rest of the car and closed her eyes.

"Tess, I can't help it. I need help on my biology homework." Tess glared at Max, angry that he was lying to her.

"That is B.S. and you know it! You always do well in bio. You just want an excuse to see Liz!" Max flushed. He knew it was true, but he hoped that Tess thought it was anger.

"I always see Liz. Why would I want to see her anymore that I do?"

"I don't know. Maybe because you still love her?" It was a challenege and Tess stood true to it. Her green eyes were right with anger and challeneged Max's.

"You know, I don't know what I ever saw in you!" Tess realzed as if she'd been slapped.

"Excuse me? Hello, have you forgotten about our destiny?" Max stopped short. Great, throw that in my face. He looked at Tess, then walked away in defeat.

"Max? Are you in here?" Liz walked into the biology room and set her books down on the lab table. Max turned from the window and looked at her, a slow smile spreading across his handsome face.

"Hey. I uh, I wanted to talk to you about something." He looked uncertain as Liz just stood looking at him. "I wanted to tell you that," he hung his head low. "I don't care about my destiny. I love you Liz. Tess means nothing to me. After I saw my mom, I felt like I had to fulfill her wish by dating Tess. But the more time I spent with her, the more I hated her and the more I loved you. I'm sorry Liz. Please, can you forgive me?" He looked so sincere and cute that Liz felt her heart melting. She had the urge to throw herself in his arms, but held firm against the urge.

"Why didn't you tell me this before?" It was the only logical question she could think of. At the moment her brain was in a jumble and she was lucky to be able to talk at all. Max looked at her, love shining in his eyes.

"Because I didn't think you'd listen to me. Liz, I love you. You're my soulmate. I belong with you." He was moving forward slowly, and Liz coulnd't hold it back anymore. She threw herself into Max's arms and started to kiss him passionately. Their tongues intertwined as Liz leaned abck against the table, pulling Max on top of her. Liz broke the kiss for a fraction of a second as she pulled Max's shirt off and ran her hands across his chest. He started to kiss her neck and she thought, this feels so right. She was aware of nothing else until she heard a gasp at the doorway. Tess stood there, shock imprinted on her pretty face, as she looked at the scene that greeted her. Her face quickly turned from shock to anger as she hurled herself across the room and tackled Liz. She threw her to the ground and started to pulling her hair, slapping her face, doing everything she could to hurt Liz. Liz fought back, positioning herself so she could roll them over. She was able to get to the top of the fight and did everything she could to defend herself. She pulled back her fist and punched Tess in her left eye, and felt satisfaction when she heard Tess cry out in pain. Then Liz felt strong arms around her as Max pulled her off of Tess. Tess lay on the ground, covering her wounded eye and Max walked over to her. Tess looked at him pleadingly as he held out a hand. She went to grab it, but he pulled it back and slapped her across the face. "You are a manipulative, lying spoiled brat. Stay out of my life." He went to the lab table and pulled his shirt over his head, then took Liz's hand and led her out to the hall, where they were met with a gasp.

"Liz! Are you okay?" Dawn was walking by when she saw them. She vaguely noticed them holding hands, but focused more on Liz's face. Her cheek had a black and blue bruise on it and her lip was swollen. Liz managed a tight lipped smile.

"Yeah. I'm fine. Really." Dawn looked at her unbelieveingly, but she didn't say anything. She then turned to Max.

"Sorry. I haven't introduced myself. I'm Dawn." She held out her hand.

"Max." His voice was warm, but he regarded her strangely. He looked behind her. "Who's that?" Dawn turned around and muttered a swear under her breath.

"Crap. I have to go, but I'll call you later Liz, okay?" Liz nodded, interested in what was going on. Dawn ran down the hall and slid as she took a corner, bumping into someone. "Let me go!" She didn't want to scream it, but if the creep didn't let her go soon, she would. She stared at Pierce, her eyes wide. "What dod you want?" Her voice shook and she tried to hold the frightened tears in.

"I want you to come with me. I know you know things." Dawn looked at him definatly.

"How do you know that?"

"Because of your mother. Now you have two choices: you can come with me the easy way, or you can come with me the hard way. It's your choice. I'll get what I want either way." Dawn knew it wasn't any good to try to outsmart him. She let her body go limp.

"Okay. I'll go with you. Just don't hurt them. Please." Pierce gazed at her coldly.

"I'll do whatever I want. Now come on." He jerked her arm and she gritted her teeth against the sudden pain.

Max and Liz watched the scene in amazement. Pierce? Back? With Dawn? They looked at each other in agreement. Dawn was bad news. They had to stop her.

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 3
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.