FanFic - Other
"Playing With Fire"
Part 6
by Love
Disclaimer: Don't own "Roswell" in any way shape or form.
Summary: There is a new girl in school, and she is BAD news.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: Thanks to all the peeps on the fanfic board for the great feedback. Also, thanks to Jen for all the support!
Liz looked in horror at Dawn, whose face was pale and her body slack. She leaned heavily against the crutches that supported her.

Liz was vaguely aware of Dawn's hand slyly moving to her pocket. She was more worried about the gun pressed to her temple. She couldn't see Max, but she knew by his ragged breathing that he was scared. He wanted to help her, but Dawn said that anything they did would put all of the in danger. She closed her eyes and said a silent prayer. Her eyes snapped open when she heard a clatter. What she saw made her gasp.

She felt Jonathan's grip loosen and she took the opportunity to race into the safety of Max's arms. He held her tight and tried to shield her from what he knew was about to happen. He looked at Dawn, who was standing straight, without the aid of crutches, and in her right hand she held a shiny pistol. Her eyes were cold and hard as she looked at Jonathan and Tess. "Move over there." She gestured with the pistol to the car.

Jonathan and Tess moved over obediently. She took her gaze off of them for a second so she could check on Max and Liz. "You guys okay?" Max nodded and held Liz closer. She turned back to the two people standing against the car. Jonathan was clearly in shock. Sawn smirked at him. "You didn't think I'd ever do this, did you? Well, Jonathan, I have to say that I learned a lot from you." She turned to Tess. "How could you even like him? I mean, he can't even kiss!" She was pissing off Jonathan and she knew it. What made her do this was Jonathan's shaking hand. She observed it closely. "You're scared, aren't you? You're twenty-three years old and you're scared of me." She shook her head in disbelief. "Unbelievable." She looked at him, evaluating his expression. "Why don't you try to shoot me? Is it because you know that if you lift that gun, I won't hesitate to kill you?" She saw his gaze move down to her wrapped ankle. She laughed cruelly. "I bet you're wondering how I recovered so fast. I'll tell you a secret." She lowered her voice dramatically. " I never broke anything. It's called acting. You should learn about it. It could come in handy for you, because you sure as hell can't mask your emotions right now. They're written across your face."

She called over her shoulder. "Max, Liz, get out of the way. I don't want either of you accidentally getting shot." She saw Jonathan square his jaw and knew her triumph was going to be short lived. She saw him reach for his gun and quickly shot his arm.

"Ah! God Dawn!" He gasped in pain and clutched his wound. Tess just watched the whole scene, disbelief on her face. Dawn just smiled.

"I told you not to mess with me. I know what I'm doing. You forget who my parents were."

"Dawn!" Liz's voice shot through Dawn's brain and she dropped her gun. Tess stood stock-still as Dawn ran over to Liz, who pointed to a car coming down the street. Dawn muttered something that Liz could not make out. She ran back over to get her gun, then yelled over at Max and Liz.

"Go! Run, do anything but stand there! Get out of here!" Her voice raised an octave as she tried to talk them into leaving. "What are you standing there for? Run!" Liz started to take off, but Max held his ground. When he spoke, his voice was strong and confident.

"You helped us, now we're going to help you. We're not leaving you!" Liz stared at him in disbelief and Dawn's face contorted in fury.

"I don't need your help! If you stay here, you're going to get killed. And I don't want to be the one responsible for that." She was almost in tears now and her hand was shaking, making the gun wobbly. The car pulled over to the side of the road and a tall man got out.

"Thank you Tess, Jonathan. You've led me right to my troubled daughter." Dawn closed her eyes, allowing the tears to fall freely. When she opened them, the man was smiling wickedly at her. It was Pierce.

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 7
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.