FanFic - Other
"Reflections"
Part 5
by Syndee Thomas
Disclaimer: The characters belong to THE WB.
Summary: Kyle and Teresa make a connection while trying to avoid an enemy alien and end up buying a Shih Tzu.
Category: Other
Rating: PG
Authors Note: Sequel to Tess to TESS
Sheriff Valente and Kyle arrive at the warehouse just as Max, Michael and Liz are pulling up. The Jetta is parked near Sondra's car which means Maria is already here.

The Sheriff's carries three Pizza boxes and heads through the door and up the stairs followed shortly by Max and Liz.

Kyle is taking the dog for a pit stop when Michael joins him.

"I heard about the dog," Michael nods toward the dog that is barking ferociously at the newcomer.

"Well, you know how hard it is to say no to your sister." Kyle pulls on the leash as the puppy has finished her business and they start to walk toward the building.

"I know there's no love lost between us." Michael stops and turns to face Kyle. "Just don't hurt her, okay. Teresa and Sondra are my family now and I will always want to protect them from any hurt, be it mental or physical."

Michael walks away before Kyle can respond and he can't follow right away because the puppy has him all tied up in the leash.

Teresa emerges from the building just as Michael disappears into it and is headed towards him.

"Hello sweetheart, did you miss me?" Her voice all saccharine.

"Look, Teri just because I kissed you this afternoon doesn't mean that there's anything going on between us." Kyle stammers.

Teresa bends on one knee coos to the puppy and falls backwards as the puppy launches herself into Teresa's arms knocking her over and smothering her with licks of joy at seeing her master.

"I wasn't talking to you." She unfastens the leash from the collar and picks up the puppy. "If you can untangle yourself from the leash and your ego the others are waiting."

Kyle watches as she walks away and wishes that he had driven his own car because a quick get-away seems in order.

As a last ditch effort to save face he yells, "I knew you weren't talking to me."

"Yea whatever. Are you coming or what?" She waits at the entrance for him to untangle himself from the leash, which he barely manages without falling.

She begins to coo at the puppy again. "Everybody's waiting to meet you. We need to find the perfect name for you."

Kyle catches up with Teresa and stops her from continuing up the stairs.

"Kyle, they're waiting for us," As she nods upwards toward the living quarters of the warehouse.

"I wanted to suggest a name for the dog before everyone starts to give their suggestions." He says breathlessly having had to run to catch up to her.

"You know how we can see the evil within reflected through mirrors." She nods her head yes. "Well this afternoon I think this puppy saw the evil within the alien in the store. That's why she was so upset."

"Teri, there's something else." He moves closer to her and starts to stroke her arm affectionately.

"When we kissed, I saw flashes of your life. We connected and somehow I think we connected with the puppy too." He states enthusiastically.

"What the hell are you talking about?" She takes another step up disengaging his hold on her arm and attempts to climb the stairs.

"Teri come here for a moment, I'll prove it." He holds out his arm gesturing for her to go back down the stairs.

"Okay, but make it fast." She says impatiently.

Kyle takes the puppy from her and places it on the floor.

"Think of something that you want her to do." He nudges Teresa with his shoulder.

When she doesn't cooperate, "Okay, I'll go first." He says and looks down at the puppy.

"This is silly Kyle, lets go upstairs." She starts up the stairs and stops when she spies the puppy dancing on its hind legs.

"Kyle, how did you get her to do that?" Teresa is mesmerized and she returns to Kyle's side.

"You try something. Just think of something you want her to do. "Kyle encourages Teresa.

The puppy performs several tasks ranging from rolling over to playing dead.

"Convinced?" Kyle smiles and picks up the puppy and rewards her by rubbing her belly. "That's my good girl."

Teresa is dumbstruck as she nods her head and leans in to let the puppy lick her face.

"So what did you want to name her?" She gives Kyle and puppy a warm smile.

"Because the evil within is reflected through our talented puppy here. What about Mirror?"

"Mirror, I like it. What about you sweetheart?" She coos to the puppy that answers with a loud bark.

Michael comes halfway down the stairs, leans on the rail and shouts, "Are you guys ever going to join us. Its getting late and Teresa, there's only one slice of pizza left.

Teresa and Kyle both make a be-line up the stairs only to find that there is still pizza left.

"I thought that would get you up here," Michael directs this remark to his sister.

Part 4 | Index | Part 6
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.