FanFic - Other
"Remembering Our Pasts"
Part 15
by Charmed Kitten
Disclaimer: I don't own them, I'm just borrowing them. I make 'em happy for a while then give them back. Just the way I found them, depressed and fighting. Oh, but I own Lady Raine and the other characters that I've added. =)
Summary: This is part two in my yet unnamed series. The first part in Our Real Families, you should read that before this one to understand what is going on. This is a few days after Max and Tess come back from New York. The gang hasn't been able to get together and talk because Max's parents are concerned and won't let him out of their sight except for school.
Category: Other
Rating: R
Authors Note: I'd love feedback if you don't mind, even criticism. =) I need help with a name for the series. If you have any ideas, please e-mail me with them. Thanks!
"Hello," she said, her voice strong after listening to Max and Isabel's past lives memories.

"Hi, Liz? This is Diane, Max and Isabel's mom?" the voice said on the other side of the line.

"Oh, hi, Mrs. Evans. How are you?"

"I'm good. Are you guys having fun?"

Liz smiled broadly. "Yes, we are. We're just bonding again," Liz said with a little laugh. The group could hear Diane's answering laugh over the phone.

"That's good. Phillip and I were wondering if you guys wanted to come back over here for a BBQ? It would be a family affair, since I've already invited everyone's parents, well except for Alex's. I couldn't get a hold of them, but I left a message on the machine. I know that probably doesn't sound like a lot of fun to you guys, but it would mean a lot to us parents. Do you think that you guys would agree?"

Liz laughed, both from Diane's mild guilt trip and from her friend's looks which ranged from a look of panic, Max; curiosity, Maria and happiness, Isabel. "Actually that sounds great. We're all a little hungry anyway. Oh, and Alex's parents are out of town for the weekend. How about we head over now? Do you need us to pick anything up on our way?" Liz asked in her normal caring and responsible tone. Michael knew what Diane and Liz were talking about since her was close enough to hear everything and he could feel Liz's reactions through their connection. He explained to everyone what Diane was asking as Liz continued to talk. Everyone agreed, Max being the most reluctant.

"No, that's okay, sweetheart. We've got everything covered. Us parents decided that it was time for all of us to meet and get to know each other and our kid's new friends. So to be quite honest with you, we've been planning this little get-together for a week now," Diane said with a little laugh at the end.

Liz broke out into a full blown laugh. "Is that why Mom and Dad were so secretive this morning about what time they wanted me back?"

"Um, well, yeah, that's why."

"Well, okay. We'll be there in about a half in hour, is that good?"

"Yeah, that will be perfect. See you soon. Drive safe, bye!"

"Bye, Mrs. Evans," Liz said before she hung up.

"Well, Max, Isabel, looks like we're having a real family night," Liz said before she bursted out laughing at Max and Michael's look of panic and fear. "Aw. Come on guys. It won't be that bad."

"Yeah, sure," Michael and Max said simultaneously.

"Let's go," Isabel said. "Liz told mom that we would be there in about a half in hour. It'll take us almost that long to get there." They all stood up and began putting away the last of the picnic stuff the others had gotten out again during Max and Isabel's connection.

Max walked up to Liz and asked her, "Liz, I was wondering if we could, well, if you would ride with me in the jeep. Just you and me, so that we could talk a little bit. If that's okay with you."

"Sure," Liz said as she smiled shyly.

"Great," Max answered as his face lit up. "Let me go tell Isabel and Alex that they need to find a ride back."

Max told Isabel and Alex. They had already talked to Maria and Kyle, the drivers, because they knew that Max and Liz needed to talk alone. It was figured out that Isabel and Alex would ride with Maria and Michael while Ava rode with Tess and Kyle.

Since everything was packed up, those riding in the jetta and the mustang piled in and started home. Leaving Max and Liz alone in the quarry with the jeep.

Part 14 | Index | Part 16
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.