FanFic - Other
"Remembering Our Pasts"
Part 7
by Charmed Kitten
Disclaimer: I don't own them, I'm just borrowing them. I make 'em happy for a while then give them back. Just the way I found them, depressed and fighting. Oh, but I own Lady Raine and the other characters that I've added. =)
Summary: This is part two in my yet unnamed series. The first part in Our Real Families, you should read that before this one to understand what is going on. This is a few days after Max and Tess come back from New York. The gang hasn't been able to get together and talk because Max's parents are concerned and won't let him out of their sight except for school.
Category: Other
Rating: R
Authors Note: I'd love feedback if you don't mind, even criticism. =) I need help with a name for the series. If you have any ideas, please e-mail me with them. Thanks!
"Okay. This is really weird now," Tess said in a scared voice.

"I know that this is kind of sudden and mind blowing, Tess. But it's true. Ava and I connected and I know that it's true," Alex said.

"Oh, my God! That's what she meant," Tess said.

"What? Who meant what, Tess?" Ava asked.

"Lady Raine," Tess said as she looked towards Ava. "She was at the summit and she told me that I had to connect with you before you died because you had already taken memories from our joint subconscious. And that if I didn't, then I would never remember," Tess said with tears in her eyes as she looked at Ava.

Ava sat there, stunned. At that moment she knew that she was the only dupe left, that Rath and Lonnie had been killed. She waited to feel anger or guilt over their deaths but she felt nothing. She also expected to feel something over Tess' words, but somewhere deep inside of her, she had always known that she wasn't really a part of them. That she was just playing her duplicate's part until Tess was strong enough to let go of her dreams and face the truth. She looked up at Tess with a soft smile on her face. "It's okay. This is what I was made for, this is my destiny, my fate. To take your place until you were strong enough to face the truth of the past. And if Lady Raine said that it was so then it will happen. And I'm not scared or angry. It will be okay."

Everyone, but especially Alex and Michael wanted to argue with her, but they knew deep in their hearts that what Ava spoke was the truth.

"Wait. What do you mean, Tess? You saw Lady Raine at the summit?" Maria asked in confusion.

"Yes, she was there, well not really there, she said she astro-projected, but she was there and she talked to us," Tess said. She looked at Max with sadness in her eyes. "Will you tell them, Max. Tell them everything, please. I'm not strong enough," Tess said as she leaned against Alex and felt his love for her and returned the feeling to him. *My brother. I don't understand it, but I believe it.* Alex smiled at her thought and began to concentrate on what Max was saying about the summit.

"Well after Isabel and I met for the last time before the summit, Rath and Lonnie took us to met the Emissary. I figured out later that he simply took over some man's body and mind. Anyway, the Emissary placed his hand behind my head and I heard him say in my head to turn forward and it was going to hurt a bit and then the V shaped constellation that we always thought was home was projected not unlike what Isabel did with the last part of Michael and Liz's dream and he told me that I was the true High King, the one who would bring peace to our worlds once more. But the weirdest thing was when he bumped into Tess as he began to leave. He looked at her like he had no idea who she was. She told him that she had been my wife, his Queen. But he said that she was wrong. That she had been my bride, but not my High Queen. That because she, who we found out later to be Lady Raine, hadn't blessed our marriage Tess, or Ava as she was then, hadn't been allowed to have the position of High Queen. That my father hadn't arranged the betrothals the way that Raine had advised it and so she couldn't give us her blessing because the marriage was not the one that The Source had wanted."

"Who or what is The Source, Max?" Kyle asked.

"I'm not really sure. But I think that it is our religious being or god on our planet," Max answered.

Kyle nodded his understanding. "That makes sense," he said. "Most kings are placed on the throne with a link or approval to the country's god or religious being." Everyone looked at him as if he had grown another head. "What? I do read and listen in class!" Everyone laughed at his statement. Kyle motioned for Max to continue with his tale.

"Okay, back to the summit," Max said as the laughter died down and was replaced by giggles and people gasping for breath. "After meeting with the Emissary, we went up a floor of the building and went in for the summit. Brody was there, but it wasn't really him. Larek, one of the aliens who supposedly oversees one of the other planets, had taken over his body for the summit. The other alien's names were Sero, Kathana and Hanar. They had all taken over human bodies. But Nicholas also showed up. He said that I couldn't represent my planet and oversee the summit because I was no longer in control or High King, Kivar was and he was to speak for Kivar." Everyone in the group felt Max's anger at the thought of Nicholas or Kivar taking his place.

"Anyway they started to fight over if Kivar really had a say in the fight for peace and if I did either since I didn't remember what had happened. I got angry and yelled at them to shut up. They did immediately, even Nicholas, although he looked like he wanted to kill me then and there. I told them that I would not continue the summit until I had my advisor with me. That put looks of fear on all of their faces. They started to worry that I had started to remember or that I had just been playing with them the whole time. They asked who my advisor had been and I told them that it had been Lady Raine. The other four started to exchange glances among themselves. They were scared, but I felt compelled to look only at Nicholas and keep the others in my peripheral vision. And then Nicholas started to talk, something about how easy it would be to kill me. And then she just appeared out of thin air beside him," Max said with a look of amazement on his face.

"She was beautiful and commanding. She is a woman who is use to having her commands and words heard and acted upon within a split second," Tess said as she started to pick up on the excitement of the memory and she let go of the pain of having her dream shattered. "She came up to Max and addressed him as High King. When Max asked for her advice she told him that Larek, Sero, Kathana and Hanar were allies of Kivar and were not really in charge. But what she said next was really strange."

"What did she say, Tess?" Michael asked, barely able to contain his excitement.

"That the true ones who oversaw the other planets were sent here as well and will soon be revealed. But she didn't say who they were. But I think that it there are more than just Liz and Alex. It just makes sense," Tess said.

"What do you mean? Why does it just makes sense that there are more than Liz and Alex besides you four?" Maria asked.

"Think about it for a second, Maria. There are five planets. We already know that Max and Isabel are brother and sister and they were on one planet. And that Max became High King. We also know that Michael and Liz were on another planet and in charge of that or would be someday. So that's two of the five. Alex and I were on another. So that leaves two planets..."

"What are you trying to get at, Tess?" Michael asked. "Are you saying that there are another two pairs out there?"

"There has to be at least one more pair out there, if not two," Tess answered.

"Why do you think that the others are in pairs, Tess?" Kyle asked.

"Because look at the patterns so far," Tess and Liz said simultaneously. They both laughed at the fact that their thought patterns had gone the same way.

Part 6 | Index | Part 8
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.