FanFic - Other
"A Night of Renovations"
Part 1
by Skye
Disclaimer: I don't own Roswell or any of the characters. I have no affiliation with the WB television network or the author, Melinda Metz.
Summary: The gang gets together for some midnight moving at the Crashdown, but with Tess being there, things get weird.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
"So what do you think? Are you in?"

"Yeah, yeah good idea."

"Alex - hey -" Maria snapped her fingers next to his ear a couple times.

"Oh yeah, I was listening." He returned to slumping over his chocolate milkshake at the Crashdown. It was near closing time and Liz and Max were occupying a booth by themselves. Isabel was stationed at the usual booth, by herself. Michael had bugged out a half an hour earlier, claiming that he had school work..

"It's just perfect, Liz would never do it on her own. I'll just have to take control of things. We'll have the place all to ourselves and - ya know Alex, as much as I like your cute little ears and the back of your head, I don't like having a conversation with it."

Alex returned his attention to Maria. "I'm sorry, it's just so hard to concentrate with - with-

"-Yeah okay, why don't you go ahead and ask her about Friday?"

"Who? Isabel?"

"Who else, space boy? It's obvious she's all you can think about anyway."

"Thanks, Maria." Maria waved a hand at him, "Eeh, I'm always getting ditched for other beings." She cast a glance over to the Parker/Evans booth.

The two were rather cozy. Liz was leaning into him and gazing up at him adoringly. Max was smiling at her and forgetting that anything else existed.

Alex was standing up and smoothing his hooded sweatshirt.

He cleared his throat. "Could I sit?"

Isabel gestured. "Please, the other member of my party is apparently lost."

"It is - too adorable isn't it?"

Isabel gave him a helpless smirk.

"So anyway, about this Friday - are you busy?"

"Actually, I did have plans."

"With Max?"

"No."

"With Michael?" She said nothing.

"Oh help a guy out here-

"-Just Tess, don't worry Alex."

"Oh well, I guess then...nevermind."

"Well, what did you have in mind?"

"It's just that Friday night Liz's parents are closing early and we're gonna move some stuff out for renovations. You know - make it an all-nighter, but you've already got plans so-

"Yes."

"-I understand, I mean it's such short-

"Alex."

"Huh?"

"I said yes, I'd like to come."

"Oh! Oh, well that's great. Good, so ah-

"But can Tess come?"

"Oh right, oh her. Well I guess so."

"Good, I'll see you Friday then," with that, Isabel stood up. "Max."

Max looked up at her, she glanced at her watch. But before he could say goodbye, Maria entered the scene.

"Friday night- You, me, Liz, Michael, Isabel and Alex. Here', we're gonna do some late night renovating."

"What? Maria - No, look we can't do that."

"Why not? Your parents'll be out of town, they wanna get everything moved up and packed pretty quickly, right?"

"But still, Maria-

"And how were you planning on doing that, by yourself?"

"Still, Maria, we just can't."

"Oh come on Liz, it's just one night. Are you coming, Max?" Max looked at Liz who was raising her eyebrows, feeling helpless.

"Well, I guess so."

"Alright then, now all I've gotta do is recruit Michael." Maria stood up and took of her antennae and the large silver alien around her waist.

"Can you lock up by yourself?"

"Ah sure, see ya, Maria." Maria disappeared through the kitchen. Max glanced at Isabel who was looking perturbed.

"It looks like I'm going to have to leave."

"Right," Liz said.

"But, I'll see you tomorrow, in school."

"Okay." They kissed, keeping it brief for Isabel's sake. Then Max got up and joined Isobel.

"See you, Liz," Max said and the two left out the front door.

Index | Part 2
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.