FanFic - Other
"Sanctuary"
Part 2
by Alexis
Disclaimer: None of the characters belong to me, although, boy what I would give to have Brendan... anyway, they belong to Jason Katims and whoever else owns Roswell.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
A continuous smile played on Maria's face as she hung up her alien-themed waitress uniform on the hook in the Crashdown's lounge. Her last shift before she was free for Spring Break had just finished. Maria waltzed through the lounge doors, walking toward a specific booth with five familiar faces staring back at her.

She sat down in the booth next to Michael, and immediately scooted close to him, and they secretively clutched each other's hands lovingly. Maria looked at him and they shared a small smile. Even though Maria was slowly breaking down Michael's walls, she still understood that it was difficult for him to openly show affection and emotion in public. But the little things they shared, the holding hands under the table, the slight touching of his leg against hers, the little smiles, and now Michael had turned toward her, still clutching her hand in his, but his other hand was now moving around to her back and was making lazy circles on the small of her back.

Anyone that would look at these two would see a smiling pixie-girl, completely engrossed in the conversation she was having with her best friend, and the spiked-haired boy stting next to her, looking calmly on, totally oblivious to the happenings around him. But in reality, the girl and boy were both paying attention to each other, the best they knew how, without seeming too obvious to their friends.

Maria patiently waited for Liz to stop explaining about how irritating it was to have to work with a lab partner that wouldn't stop touching her. Maria smiled at her friend's sarcasm. She knew how much Liz loved Max to, well, anything -- touch her, kiss her, look at her. Maria felt the same way about Michael. She hoped that he felt the same way about her. And Maria knew what Liz said was true, because she smiled as a bright blush covered Max's strong features.

Liz looked to Maria expectantly, knowing from the look on Maria's face that she had something exciting to tell them.

"Well, since Liz is practically begging me to tell you all the exciting news," Liz smiled and stuck out her tongue at Maria, and Maria continued, "My grandma called my mom last night and invited me to come stay with her over Spring Break..." Maria hesitated for a minute, watching her five friend's faces grow quietly expectant. "She also said that I could bring whomever I wanted with me, so...if you guys don't have anything planned, I'd like to invite you all to come with me."

Part 1 | Index | Part 3
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.