FanFic - Other
"Secrets "
Part 3
by Jamie Phelps
Disclaimer: I don't own the characters. Never have, never will but would like too.
Summary: Max, Liz, Michael, Maria, Alex and Isabel all have to deal with the news of the pre-arranged destinies. They have been doing good, staying away from each other, until Isabel and Max began to feel a strange sense of power being used. The six friends must come together, along with Tess and Kyle to uncover the source of the power. They get a surprise of their life though, when they find out the power is from a fifth alien. An alien who is closer than anyone realizes.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
"Kyle, did I wake you?" Liz Parker said into the phone as she heard the voice of Kyle Valenti.

"No, Liz is that you?" Kyle said sleepily.

"Yes, I'm sorry to call so early. I was wondering if you would mind if I came over for a little while?" Liz asked.

"No, it's no problem at all come on over. The front door will open so just come on in." Kyle said as he walked over and unlocked the door.

"Thanks, I'll see you in a few." Liz hung up the phone.

It had been three months since she had broken up with Max. After all, he did need to explore his destiny and with her in the way, he couldn't do it. She had only seen Max a few times since that awful day. Lucky for her, she still had Kyle. They weren't a couple yet, but Liz figured that it was only a matter of time. He had been there for her every day since she'd broken up with Max. He'd helped her through one of the worst times of her life. Of course Maria had helped out a lot too, but she was just as depressed over loosing Michael as Liz was over loosing Max.

Liz walked into the kitchen and fixed herself a glass of orange juice and sat down at the table. She was sure she was over Max and that Kyle was whom she wanted. Now she had to convince Kyle that he was the one. Obviously Max had chosen Tess or he would have come after her that day, right? As much as she hated to, she new she had to move on.

After finishing her juice, Liz borrowed her dad's car and drove over to Kyle 's. Sure enough, the door was unlocked and she let herself in. She noted right away that the Sheriff wasn't home.

"Perfect!" she said to herself.

"Kyle?" she said as she walked through the door. "Are you here?"

"Yeah, back here in my room, come on back." He said.

Liz walked back towards Kyle's room. Over the last three months, she had gotten to know the Valenti house very well. She spent most of her time there, with Kyle, just hanging out. Sometimes she felt almost too comfortable there. She walked through Kyle's door and noticed him sitting at the computer. All he had on was a pair of faded denim jeans. She obviously had woken him up when she had called because it looked as if he'd just gotten out of the shower.

"Hey." She said as she set down on the end of his bed.

"Hey. What's up?" he asked as he disconnected from the Internet and turned to face her.

"Nothing much, I just thought we could spend the day together." She said.

"That would be great, Liz. I've got something I want to discuss with you too and I guess today is as good a day as any." He said with a smile on his face.

"Ok, that's great, so what should we do?" she asked, hoping he would come up with a suggestion.

"Actually, I was hoping we could just talk." He said eyeing her cautiously. "I mean we've been avoiding some pretty serious stuff the last couple of months and I just feel that we are close enough now that we should be able to discuss things." Liz knew what he was talking about. He wanted to know about Max, Isabel, Michael and Tess. He knew they were different. Especially after he learned that Max had saved his life. But neither his father nor the six of them had mentioned anything specific.

"Ok, we can just talk if that's what you want." Liz said.

"Yeah it is." He smiled and stood up out of the chair. He moved over next to Liz and sat down beside her.

"Who are THEY?" he said, referring to Isabel, Max, Michael and Tess. "How did Max save my life?"

Liz looked at her feet. She knew that she was betraying Max. In a way Kyle already knew, Liz would just be confirming it. "They're not from around here, Kyle."

"I gathered that, Liz." he said, the tension in his voice growing. "Where exactly are they from?"

"They don't know." She said. "They are aliens, good aliens that are just trying to survive. They just found out they were put here to save their planet and that they have a destiny. As soon as they are able to save their planet, they will go home."

Kyle looked shocked. He hadn't been expecting this. He knew his father had been keeping a big secret, but he didn't expect it to be this big.

"Kyle, I know it sounds weird, but it's true. Isabel, Michael, Max and Tess are all aliens." Liz could feel the tears welling up in her eyes.

"How long have you known?" he asked.

"Since the day I was SHOT at the Crashdown and Max saved my life. That's the day I fell in love with him." Her tears began to fall.

"And you're still in love with him." Kyle said, looking at Liz.

"I care a lot about Max, but Kyle I think I'm in love with you."

Without realizing what she was doing she reached over and kissed Kyle deeply. He kissed her back then suddenly pulled away.

"Liz, we can't do this." He said.

"Why not, I love you Max." she said, starting to cry again.

"My name is Kyle, Liz and that's why we can't. You are still in love with Max. He is the one you want to be with." Kyle took Liz's hand. "If I have learned anything over the last three months it's that you are still in love with Max. You're just in denial. I can see it. Maria can see it. But you, you can't see it at all. I don't want you hurt. Besides, Liz, I'd be lying if I said I loved you back."

Liz felt as though she'd been punched in the stomach. What had he just said? He didn't love her? Then what had been going on between them the last three months?

"What?" she asked.

"I said, I'm not in love with you. We had something at one time. But I've moved on. You had Max and I realized I'd never have a chance with you again." He said, trying to break it to her gently. "Liz, I met someone before school got out that I think I really like. Of course we haven't had a chance to go out yet, but I think there could be a future for us."

"Who is she?" Liz asked, wiping the tears from her eyes.

"Does it really matter?" he asked, reaching over to his nightstand for a T-shirt. "What would it matter if you knew?"

"I just want to know." Liz said.

"That's what I wanted to talk to you about today." He started. "I wanted you to tell me if you thought me and this person had a chance. Your opinion means everything to me, you know."

"Who is it, Kyle?" Liz asked impatiently.

His reply was only one word. "Tess."

Had she heard him right? He was in love with Tess Harding? There was no way this could be happening. Tess had taken Max away from her and now had taken Kyle. What was going on?

"I'm happy for you." She said to Kyle as she turned towards the door. "I just remember, I promised my dad I'd only have the car for a few hours so I need to get it home."

"Are you really happy, Liz?" he asked looking at her.

She was almost out his bedroom door. She turned around and faced him. He couldn't see the tears that were falling down her face. "I'm very happy for you. You deserve the best." And with that, she was gone.

Liz didn't know what to do. She didn't want to be anywhere near Roswell so she drove out into the desert and stopped her car. What had happened? There was no way she was going to loose both men that she cared for. Liz thought for a minute. Kyle had been right. She didn't love him. He was just the guy she used to replace Max. She loved Max. She knew she had to get him back. She started the car between sobs and headed home.

When she pulled into the driveway, she heard the phone ringing. Thinking it might be Kyle she ran to it.

"Hello!" she said, totally out of breath.

"Liz? This is Max." said the voice.

Her heart stopped. "Hello."

"We've got a problem here and I need the group together." Max said into the phone.

"But, Max. I mean- what about- you know, the whole destiny thing. Won't we just be in the way?" Liz asked.

"You guys are part of our destiny. We made our own destinies here on earth and don't need to follow our pre-determined destinies. Screw them!" He said. "I'm calling everyone to meet at my house in a half hour. Our lives depend on it." Then he added. "Mine, Izzy's, Michael's, Tess's, yours, Maria's and Alex's. We are a family. I love you." And with that, Max hung up.

Had she heard him right? At the end she could have swore she heard Max say he loved her. Maybe she just wanted him to say it. The thing she did know, however, was that something was wrong. Max's voice had been strange. They all were in some kind of danger.

Part 2 | Index | Part 4
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.