FanFic - Other
"Secrets "
Part 5
by Jamie Phelps
Disclaimer: I don't own the characters. Never have, never will but would like too.
Summary: Max, Liz, Michael, Maria, Alex and Isabel all have to deal with the news of the pre-arranged destinies. They have been doing good, staying away from each other, until Isabel and Max began to feel a strange sense of power being used. The six friends must come together, along with Tess and Kyle to uncover the source of the power. They get a surprise of their life though, when they find out the power is from a fifth alien. An alien who is closer than anyone realizes.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Why were they having a meeting? The thought kept playing through Maria's mind the last ten minutes of work. What was going on? Had something happened? Had Max, Michael, Isabel and Tess found a way home? Would her Michael be leaving her? She was so stressed out and as luck would have it, was totally out of cypress oil. Mr. Parker could tell that Maria was stressed.

"Maria," he said. "why don't you take off early. There is only one set of customers here and Adrian will be coming into work soon."

"Thanks, Mr. Parker." She said, thankfully. "I promise I'll make this up sometime."

"Don't worry about it, dear." He said and waved good-bye to her.

As Maria walked out the door, she noticed Liz sitting at one of the outside tables. She looked sad, yet concerned.

"Hey Chica!" Maria said, trying to sound cheerful. "Need a lift?"

"Yeah, that would be great." Liz said, getting up from the table. "I thought maybe I could catch a ride with you."

"It's no problem." She said as they climbed into her Jetta and began driving towards the Evans's house. "Why do you look so sad?"

"Oh, Maria! I told Kyle that I loved him." Tears began to surface in Liz's eyes. "I didn't mean to, but I figured Max was with Tess and didn't want me. Then Kyle told me that he didn't love me, but loved Tess! I just don't know what too do!"

Maria put a comforting arm on her best friend's shoulder. "It's ok, Lizzy! We'll get through this somehow. Maybe there is still a chance for you and Max."

Liz looked up at Maria. She has always been the more optimistic of the two. "I think you may be right. Today, when he called, I could have swore he told me he loved me."

Maria looked at Liz. "Really?"

"Yes, I think so. But then again, I could have been wishing he was saying it too." She said.

"I know everything will work out. If you are really meant to be together, fate will bring you back." Maria said, pulling into the Evans's driveway. "Michael and I have come to an understanding. We're going to be just friends."

Maria couldn't bring herself to tell Liz that she and Michael had gotten back together. Neither of them could stand being just friends. Maria believed telling Liz that they were back together would only cause her more pain, knowing that she didn't have Max.

"That's great, Maria." She said. "At least you two can be friends."

They got out of Maria's car and approached the Evans's front door. Isabel opened the door for them. As they entered, they could see Alex, Michael and Tess were already there. This had to be something big. Liz sat down beside Max on the floor, Maria on the love seat next to Michael and Isabel next to Alex on the couch. Tess ended up getting the chair.

Max faced everyone. "I know you all are wondering why we called this meeting." He said.

The five friends all watched Max curiously. There was concern in all of their faces.

"Isabel and I felt something today. Power being used." Max looked at Michael. "Tess wasn't able to feel it, so I'm assuming you didn't either?"

Michael looked at Max. "No, man. I'm sorry! When did it happen?"

"This morning." He said.

"What do you think it means?" Michael asked Max.

"I don't know," he said. "we have some theories, but we're not sure."

"We?" said Maria.

"Tess, Isabel and I." Said Max.

"Well what do you believe we are dealing with, Maxwell?" Michael asked.

"I believe there is another alien here and it's very close." Said Isabel.

"And this alien could be very dangerous." Added Max. "We've got to be careful."

The six friends all looked at each other. They were going to need each other more than anything now that there was a fifth alien to be found. Disbelief clouded their faces.

It was Maria who finally broke the silence. "Where do we start?"

Part 4 | Index | Part 6
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.