FanFic - Other
"Secrets "
Part 7
by Jamie Phelps
Disclaimer: I don't own the characters. Never have, never will but would like too.
Summary: Max, Liz, Michael, Maria, Alex and Isabel all have to deal with the news of the pre-arranged destinies. They have been doing good, staying away from each other, until Isabel and Max began to feel a strange sense of power being used. The six friends must come together, along with Tess and Kyle to uncover the source of the power. They get a surprise of their life though, when they find out the power is from a fifth alien. An alien who is closer than anyone realizes.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Back in the house, Nascedo fell into his chair. Could the baby he left so long ago actually be half alien, meaning it was his? The only memories he had of the baby were the way she looked. The deep green eyes, strawberry blonde hair and the cutest dimples anyone had ever seen. She had looked a lot like her mother. He still carried the baby picture he had of her with him. He decided that if he sat there any longer, he'd become depressed so he decided to go to the Crashdown. He was getting hungry anyway.

He drove over to the Crashdown, just in time for the supper rush.

Right away, he noted that Maria and Isabel were working. Poor Maria, she'd worked the morning shift and now had the evening shift too.

"Hi Pierce." She said cheerfully. "Just yourself, tonight?"

"Yes, I'll just have a Will Smith Burger if that's ok with a Coke." He said as he seated himself near the exit.

"One Will Smith burger coming right up!" she said and disappeared behind the counter.

Had he just been thinking, "Poor Maria"? Surely not! Maybe Michael had been rubbing some of his human compassion off on him. They had been spending a lot of time together lately. That had to be it.

Just then, the door to the Crashdown opened and in walked Sheriff Valenti accompanied by a beautiful woman. Nascedo looked up from the table and his eyes settled on the lady. It couldn't be! As the sheriff and his lady friend took a seat, the woman turned and looked towards Nascedo. It wasn't possible. The lady who had just walked in was the woman he had left so many years before. It was his Amy. He didn't think she still lived in Roswell. How could it be that he'd lived here for sixteen years and hadn't known that she was still here.

Maria carried the Will Smith burger to Nascedo's table and set it down. "That'll be $4.75." she said.

Nascedo paid her, never taking his eyes off of Amy. He watched as Maria put the money into the cash register and then went over to the sheriff and Amy's table.

"Mom, what are you guys doing here?" she asked as she sat down beside Amy.

Woah! Nascedo's head begin to spin. Had Maria just called Amy, mom? This was all happing to fast. Could Maria be that baby he left many years ago? It didn't make since. That baby's name was Nicole. Amy could have changed it though. That was a possibility. Was Maria his daughter?

Maria kissed her mom's cheek and got up. She was getting no work done sitting there. It was just like her to agree to work Liz's shift. Liz and Max had had no luck at the cave and had decided to help Tess with the book of Destiny. She didn't mind so much working since Isabel was there. She and Isabel had become very close since she'd broken up with Michael.

Isabel and Maria continued to work until closing time. The only person in the Crashdown was Nascedo. He had been there since the supper rush. Maria was beginning to get creeped out by him. She grabbed Isabel's arm as she walked by.

"How long do you think he's going to sit there?" she asked, pretending to look out the window.

"I don't, he's been there all evening. Kinda creepy wouldn't you say?" she said. She passed by Maria and went into the back.

Maria followed her. "It's very creepy if you ask me." She said. "Have you noticed that he seems to be, like, staring at me? I mean, watch his eyes. They follow my every movement."

Maria walked back out into the dining area. Sure enough, Nascedo's eyes followed her every move. Isabel shivered.

Maria gathered a group of dirty plates and took them to the back. "See what I mean?" she asked.

"This is too weird." She said to Maria.

"I guess I'll have to go tell him were closing. I'll be right back." Maria grumbled.

She approached Nascedo. His eyes shot down to his half eaten Will Smith burger.

"I'm sorry, Pierce, but we're going to be closing. I can get that to go for you if you want." She said.

"Can you sit down a moment?" he asked.

Maria shot a glance back towards the counter. Isabel was watching every move she made so she knew she would be safe. She sat down and looked at Nascedo.

"You're Amy DeLuca's daughter aren't you?" he asked, trying not to sound suspicious.

"Yes, how do you know my mother?" she asked.

"I saw you talking to her earlier." He said. Good save he thought! "What about your father? Where is he?"

Maria thought he was getting just a little too personal. "Why do you need to know that?" she asked.

"I don't." he said, sadness filling his voice. "I was just curious."

"He left a long time ago." She finally said. "As far as I'm concerned, I don't have a father. I don't remember him at all. He left when I was only two years old. What kind of man could do that to his daughter?" Tears began to form in her eyes. She was going to have to get out of there.

"Maybe he was scared." Nascedo said. "Maybe he didn't think he could be a good father. Maybe he didn't think you were his."

Maria looked at him. Had he just accused her mother of having an affair? Rage flared through Maria's veins. She was not going to sit there and listen to Nascedo, put down her mother and defend the bastard who was supposed to be her father.

"Look, I was trying to be nice. I think it's time for you to go. We have to lock up." She said, her voice cold. "My father couldn't face up to the fact that he had a child. It wasn't my mom's fault. HE left us. Not the other way around. He's dead in my eyes and if I live to see the day he comes back, I will let the bastard know exactly what I think of him." With that being said, Maria turned on her heels and walked to the back of the Crashdown.

Nascedo watched her walk back to the counter. She hated him. She didn't even know that Nascedo could possibly be her father and she hated him for asking about her father. What was he going to do? He laid down a $20 bill on the table and walked out.

Isabel had been watching Maria and Nascedo. She could tell that Maria had been crying. She put her arms around Maria and hugged her.

"What happened?" she asked, sitting down in a chair across from where Maria had just sat down.

"He asked me about my father." She said.

"What? Why?" Isabel stammered.

"I don't know," she said. "I just don't know."

Part 6 | Index | Part 8
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.