FanFic - Other
"Secrets "
Part 8
by Jamie Phelps
Disclaimer: I don't own the characters. Never have, never will but would like too.
Summary: Max, Liz, Michael, Maria, Alex and Isabel all have to deal with the news of the pre-arranged destinies. They have been doing good, staying away from each other, until Isabel and Max began to feel a strange sense of power being used. The six friends must come together, along with Tess and Kyle to uncover the source of the power. They get a surprise of their life though, when they find out the power is from a fifth alien. An alien who is closer than anyone realizes.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Liz and Max sat in the Evans's living room. They had had absolutely no luck during the day. Tess had long given up her searching and had went home. Alex and Michael were upstairs playing N64 waiting for Maria and Isabel to return.

Well." Said Liz, trying to break the silence between the two of them. "Where do you think we should begin tomorrow?"

Max looked down. He didn't know what to do. Maybe waiting for the alien to make their next move was what they should do.

"I'm not sure Liz. We need to talk to the others and see what they've come up with." He said.

Just then the phone ran. Max reached across Liz towards the phone. His arm brushed across her stomach, causing shivers to run down both he and Max's spine.

"Hello." He said into the phone.

"Nascedo, yes!" Max's voice continued.

Liz watched as Max carried on the one-sided conversation with Nascedo. God he was cute! The blood seemed to drain quickly from Max's face. Liz knew immediately that something was wrong. She reached over and grabbed his hand. To her surprise, he took it. Max hung up the phone.

"That was Nascedo." He said to Liz. "He says that the one we are looking for is in Roswell."

"How could that be?" Liz stammered. "There hasn't been anyone new here for months."

Max didn't know. All he could do was shake his head.

Just then, the front door opened and in walked Maria and Isabel. Max noticed right away that Maria had been crying.

"What is it?" he asked. "We're you hurt?"

"No, I- I'm ok." She said. "It's just that, well, you know Nascedo. He got to me tonight."

"Nascedo?" he asked. "Where did you see him at?"

"He sat at the Crashdown all evening staring at poor Maria." Isabel said, putting a comforting arm around Maria's shoulders.

"He what?" Max asked in disbelief.

"He was acting very strange Maxwell. I'm not sure what has gotten into him." Isabel said.

Michael and Alex came bounding down the stairs.

"Gotten into who?" Michael asked.

"Nascedo." Liz, Max and Isabel said at the same time.

"Oh," he said. "What happened?"

Isabel proceeded to tell Michael what she had just told Liz and Max

Michael walked over to Maria and touched her arm. "Are you ok?" he asked.

She looked at him and he knew the answer. She wasn't ok. She needed him. He pulled her close and hugged her. If there was one thing he couldn't stand, it was to see Maria cry. She buried her face into his chest. She didn't care whether the others saw or not. She was hurting.

'It'll be ok' Michael thought. 'I'm here now. I love you and I will never leave you.'

Maria looked up at Michel, she mouthed "I love you, too" back to him. She wiped the tears from her eyes and faced her five friends.

"He was asking all sorts of questions about my father." She said. "I guess I might as well tell you all what I know about him."

"You don't have to, Maria." Isabel said, concern in her voice.

"It's ok. Liz knows, but you guys deserve to know the truth. My father wasn't killed like I first told everyone." She began.

"My mother married a man, Jack Murphy when she turned 20. She loved this man more than anything in the world. However, one weekend, a dark, mysterious stranger came into town and met my mother. She had an affair with this man. After telling Jack about the affair, she found out that she was pregnant with me. She was up front with Jack that she didn't know if I was his or the other guys. Jack stayed and they patched up their marriage. After I was born, their marriage became rocky again. When I was two, Jack left one night, never to return again. To this day, my mother still doesn't know who my father is, or so she says. Jack is the man listed on my birth certificate. My mom believes that my father is really the mysterious strange who she spent one weekend with."

Maria looked down. It was so hard for her to tell them the truth about her. She didn't want them to think bad about her. She didn't know her father was. She wanted to see him. She would be glad to see either of the men that could be her father.

"It's ok, Maria." Isabel said, standing up and hugging her. The other five friend gathered around her and hugged her also.

"We love you." Came the chorus of voices.

"I love you guys, too." She said.

Max pulled away from the group. "Guys, um, Nascedo called a few minutes ago. He said that the person we are looking for is here, in Roswell."

The group looked stunned. How could the alien be in Roswell? No one new had emerged in the last few months. There had to obviously be a mistake.

"Are you sure?" Michael asked.

"It's very near." Max said. "We all have to be extremely careful. No sudden moves, no nothing! Always let someone else know where you'll be."

"Ok, Max." Came the chorus of voices.

"Well, I need to get home." Alex said, heading towards the door. "Isabel, do you mind giving me a lift?"

"Nope, it's no problem. What are friends for?" she asked smiling.

They climbed in Isabel's jeep and started down the road. Michael and Maria followed behind in Maria's car. That left Liz and Max all alone.

"Max," she said. "are you the least bit scared?"

Max looked at Liz. He was petrified. Not because of the alien being so close, but because he was standing inches from Liz all alone. He reached over and pushed as strand of stray hair away from her face. She was beautiful under the moonlight. Her hair glistened as in the light. Her eyes sparkled and were looking deep into his eyes. He moved closer and placed his lips on hers. They kissed under the moonlight until their lips went numb. Max pulled back.

"I missed you Liz." He said. "I have been wanting to kiss you since you walked in my house this afternoon."

"I've missed you, too." She said to Max. She reached up and pulled his lips back down on hers.

When Isabel returned home from dropping off Alex a smile crossed her face. In the driveway, stood Max and Liz kissing. Everything was back to normal finally. She parked the jeep and walked across the front lawn towards the door. She was just about to enter the house when she felt a jolt of power being used. This time she doubled over from the pain she felt. The alien was scared. She could feel that too! She looked towards Max. He too was doubled over in the front yard. Then it was over and Isabel passed out.

Part 7 | Index | Part 9
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.