FanFic - Other
"Secrets "
Part 9
by Jamie Phelps
Disclaimer: I don't own the characters. Never have, never will but would like too.
Summary: Max, Liz, Michael, Maria, Alex and Isabel all have to deal with the news of the pre-arranged destinies. They have been doing good, staying away from each other, until Isabel and Max began to feel a strange sense of power being used. The six friends must come together, along with Tess and Kyle to uncover the source of the power. They get a surprise of their life though, when they find out the power is from a fifth alien. An alien who is closer than anyone realizes.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
"Thanks for giving me the ride." Michael said as Maria pulled up in front of his apartment. "Would you like to come in for a few minutes?"

Maria couldn't pass up the chance of spending more time with Michael. "Sure, just for a little while though. You know my mom, she'll spaz if I'm not home before Letterman!"

Maria turned off her car and followed Michael into his apartment. When she entered, she realized right away just what a regular guy Michael really was. His apartment was a complete mess. She walked around a pile of dirty clothes and maneuvered her way to the couch. Michael walked to the refrigerator, took out two cans of Coke and returned to the couch. He sat down beside Maria.

"Here ya go." He said. He hadn't asked her if she was thirsty, he just figured she was.

"Thanks, Michael." She said, taking the soda from him. She stared around the apartment for a while. Her eyes came to rest on Michael's bed. He obviously didn't believe in making it.

He saw her eyes come to rest on his bed. "What?" he asked. "So I don't make my bed. What's wrong with that."

Maria grinned. "Nothing at all." She reached over and placed her lips on his. It had felt like forever since they had kissed, when in reality, it had only been a few hours.

They spent the next hour making out. Maria knew that this was how it was supposed to be. Michael was hers forever. They parted temporarily and Maria looked at the time.

"I have to get ready and leave." She said, kissing Michael one last time.

"I really hate that!" he said, half-joking.

"Michael, I've been meaning to ask you something." She said, staring into his eyes. "Remember this morning when you almost died. You know, when that air conditioner almost fell on you? Well, I was wondering, how was I able to do that exactly?"

Michael looked dumbfounded. He didn't know if he could explain it to her. "I don't think you did it, Maria." He said, sadness filling his voice. "I think Nascedo must have been watching and saw what was going to happen. He moved me. That's the only possible explanation I can come up with."

Maria listened to what Michael was saying. "But how could he have done it and we not seen him?" she asked. "I think I did it somehow."

"Well I guess there is only one way to find out," he said. "let's try moving something else."

Maria looked at Michael like he was crazy. Was he asking her to try and move something. She'd only been able to move him because she was worried about him. There was no way she'd be able to move something that she wasn't worried about.

"Are you crazy?" she exclaimed. "I don't think so!"

"I'm serious, Maria. The only way we can know for sure is for you to try it again, without Nascedo nowhere in sight." He said.

Michael stood up and pulled Maria up beside him. He turned her towards his cat that was sleeping in the chair. "Move her." He said.

"Michael, I ca-" he cut her off.

"Try Maria, we have to find out if you did it or if it was someone else." He pleaded.

Maria focused on the cat. She thought this was stupid. Why did he have her trying to move the cat. She wasn't worried about the cat. She was focused for several minutes. Then she put her hands out in front of her and willed the cat to be on the couch. In seconds, the cat was meowing through the air and landed up against the window on the other side of the apartment.

"Oops," Maria said, as she began to shake. " I was aiming for the couch. I guess I don't know what I'm doing."

Michael looked pale. Had he just seen what he thought he'd saw? Had Maria really moved Sheba across the room? There was no other explanation. She was the only person in the apartment besides Michael.

Maria looked over at Michael. He had obviously forgotten that Maria could read his every thought. "I moved her." Was all she said.

Michael looked at Maria and noticed her trembling. She was scared. She didn't know what was happening to her. Michael's heart went out to her. It had only been three years since he had discovered he had powers. He still wasn't any good at them. But why did Maria have powers? Where had they come from. Michael walked over to Maria and pulled her to his chest.

"It'll be ok, honey." He said. "It'll be ok."

"I hope you're right, Michael." She said.

He looked at her. She looked like every ounce of energy had been drained from her. "You're in no condition to go home." He said. "You will just stay here tonight and then face your mom tomorrow."

He picked her up and carried her over to his bed. Out of all the days for him not to make the bed! He laid her down and crawled in beside her. He wrapped his arms around her, moving the hair away from her face. "I'm here. You don't have to be scared anymore. It'll be ok. I love you. I love you, Maria." He continued talking to her until they both fell asleep in each others arms.

Part 8 | Index | Part 10
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.