FanFic - Other
"Survivors"
Part 5
by Gwen
Disclaimer: I don't own Roswell, I wish I did, but I don't, everything belongs to the WB.
Summary: A follow up to my story The Light. Takes place 10 years from the end of their senior year. Maria remembers everything that happened in their senior year and reflects on it.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: There are some holes in the story, I know, but all my stories interconnect, so don't worry about that. Please respond to my story, its kind of annoying when you write something, and no one writes anything back about it. Enjoy!
10 years ago...

"Tess, what would you say if I told you that I knew about your past? Everything and more you wanted to know about your past life, would you believe me?" Maria asked.

"I'd say you were crazy," Tess said.

"Your name was Ava Evans, it was an arranged marriage between you and Zan Evans. You were the head of one kingdom; Zan/Max was the head of the other. He beat Michael out for the spot in an election, sort of," Maria said quickly.

"How do you know that? How did you find out?" Tess demanded.

"That, guy, you know? The one who tried to kill me?" Maria said sarcastically.

"How'd you find him, how do you know him?"

"Well, sadly, I look like him and when you look like someone, it's easy to find them," Maria sighed.

"How do you know him?" Tess repeated sounding really annoyed.

"Well, I know him from my past," Maria said.

"Who is he?" Tess said her voice almost up to a yell.

"Everything all right in there girls?" Amy hollered from the living room.

"Perfect!" Tess called back. "Now Maria, you know something, please, trust me, for once?" Tess begged. "I need to know."

Maria nodded after a long drawn out moment. "Okay," she sighed. "His name is Andrew DeLuca, he is my father, my biological father."

Now...

"Uh, Tess," Maria said, "maybe we should go over and take our stuff to your house?" she asked quickly.

"That sounds good," Tess said nodding quickly.

"Don't you want to know, why they lied to us?" Alex demanded.

"Nope, I'm good," Tess, said shrugging.

"She told you!" Liz yelled.

"Now, let's not start jumping to any conclusions," Tess said.

"Did you tell her?" Michael asked quickly.

"No," Maria yelped. "Okay, how's this, I'll answer any questions, except did you tell Tess? Okay?"

"Okay," Isabel said raising her hand. "Right, why didn't you tell us?"

"I was scared, of what you guys would think. Whether you would hate me, or even still talk to me? I didn't know anything about it; I was really scared of myself and what happened. The last thing I wanted was to be alone. But hey, how can that happen with six kids?" she joked.

"Right," Alex said.

"Maybe you should tell them the other stuff, you know," Tess added quickly.

"You know other stuff?" Kyle said. "I mean you have other secrets?"

"Sort of," Maria sighed. "Everyone you may want to take a seat."

10 years ago...

"Hey, Liz, how are you?" Max asked.

"I'm fine, and you?" she questioned.

"Actually, there is something I wanted to ask you, and I want you to give me a full answer," he said. "Promise?"

"Uh, okay," Liz, said shrugging.

"Why'd you pretend to sleep with Kyle?" he demanded quickly.

"I didn't, I really did that," she said, but her voice sounded as if she had practiced saying that.

"Liz you heard what Kyle said, you two did nothing, now come on, please tell me, you promised," he begged.

"Okay," Liz sighed. "A Max from the future visited me, he told me that our enemies attacked 12 years from then. He said that the only reason you guys didn't fight them, was because that Tess was gone, she had left, because you and I were out in the open in love, and she couldn't take it. She ran, and without all four of the royal four, we failed, and earth was basically doomed. So to keep Tess from leaving, thus killing everyone, I pretended to sleep with Kyle. At least I had my wedding dance," Liz muttered after a moment.

"What!" Max yelled. "Why didn't you tell me? Why didn't he tell Tess? Why didn't he contact me?"

"I couldn't tell you. He didn't know Tess, and he didn't feel like he could trust her, and if he contacted you, and met with you face to face, you both would of exploded," Liz sighed. "I'm sorry, Max, are you happy?" she demanded.

"That must have been so hard," Max, whispered after a moment.

Liz rolled her eyes, but found herself laughing uncontrollably. "Of all the things you could say, and of all the things you could do, you say that was hard? It was more than hard, Max I felt like I was missing a piece of me."

"Why did Tess leave?" Max asked.

"We "cemented" our relationship," Liz said rolling her eyes again and trying not to crack a smile.

"Cemented?" Max replied clueless.

Liz giggled, "Yup, that's the Max Evans, I know," she said, and Max smiled. And after a moment she added, "with a condom in his pocket."

"What!" Max yelled.

Liz was laughing very hard now. "Cemented," she repeated.

"I can't believe myself, and that I could do that!" he yelled.

"Well you did, in that reality, Max can you do something for me?" Liz asked her voice becoming very serious, she leaned in close to him and he nodded. He swallowed expecting her to kiss him, but instead she said; "don't ever grow a beard."

"Okay," Max said pulling back into his seat and Liz laughed.

"Maria!" Michael yelled running into her room. He found Maria and Tess sitting on the bed looking through some papers.

"Yes, Michael?" Maria asked.

"Tess, leave," he says.

"You haven't told him?" Tess said.

"Nope," Maria replied.

Michael slammed the door shut behind him. He then locked the door. "Tell me what?"

"Sit down Michael, we have a lot to talk about," Tess said.

"I think, I want to show you guys," Maria said after a moment.

"Show us what?" Michael asked.

"I told you this much," Maria said rolling her eyes.

"Oh yeah, can you?"

"Well you two are al- Czechoslovakians, and I've got my dad's side of the family, I think it will work," Maria said keeping her voice hushed low.

"Czechoslovakian?" Tess said confusion high in her voice.

"It was like, our code name," Maria explained. "Okay let's all hold hands," Maria said, she reached out for Tess's and Michael's hand. They both snatched hers and each other's.

"Kumbayah," Michael muttered. Maria giggled.

"Okay, now try to access the memory that your da-, the guy, showed you," Tess said.

"Okay," Maria said and began to think about everything she had seen. She thought about it all, and felt something charge through her hands. Her eyes opened and found herself watching something totally different.

Part 4 | Index | Part 6
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.