FanFic - Other
"Tess to TESS"
Part 11
by Syndee Thomas
Disclaimer: The characters belong to the WB.
Summary: The forth alien arrives in Roswell only to find that she's already there in the form of a clone - Tess. Takes place after "Destiny."
Category: Other
Rating: PG
The group has gotten into the habit of never going directly to their destination until they make sure no one is following them, tonight is no exception. Liz and Maria talk about their week and how they missed seeing all the others but how they knew it was in the best interest of all concerned.

Most of the buildings in the area where the warehouse is located are closed for the evening so there are very few cars on the street which makes it easier to spot a tail.

Max and Michael are at the first floor entrance when they arrive even though Sondra has supplied them all with keys.

"Thank God you guy's are all right," Max says with relief as he engulfs Liz in his arms before kissing her as though it was his lifeline.

Michael has his arms across Maria's shoulders looking down into her eyes while she strokes his back and they exchange lovers chitchat before being interrupted by Alex whom had grown concern about the girl's late arrival.

Once in the company of the others Liz tells the events of the evening that led her to the conclusion that an alien was in the diner. No one questions why or how Liz has the ability that she does. They accept it as her gift as they have accepted her as Max's destiny.

The VCR had to be connected and the reception was not good because the building has not been wired for cable but the images were pretty clear. The group including Sheriff Valente watched with bated breath and overwhelming anticipation the color videotape from the Crashdown's security camera.

Liz pinpoints the time frame in which she made the connection and they all watch for a hint of who the alien may be but no hint was needed. There for everyone to see is the transmission of what Liz saw in the mirror. And standing right behind her was the man whom bumped into her and the man who steadied her when she would have dropped the tray.

What is really weird is that both are featured in Black and White in an otherwise all color tape.

"So, what? Are these aliens Semi-Vampires whose souls can be seen in mirrors and their images only photograph in Black and White." Maria addresses the group.

Everyone starts speaking at once.

"There are cultures in the world that believe that ones soul is reflected in water or a mirror," interjects Sondra.

"What was the name of the man in the Greek myth who perished after seeing his reflection in water?" Kyle throws into the discussion.

Alex thinks for a minute before shouting, "Narcissus, I think. But wasn't that because he was vain. "No," from Isabel. "It was because the Greeks feared water-sprites would drag a person's reflection or soul under water, leaving him soulless to perish.

"Excuse me." The Sheriff tries to get everyone's attention to no avail for they're talking over each other.

"None of this explains how we're all able to see what Liz projects into the mirror," Michael stands up and points to Liz as if making a point.

Teresa goes over, sits next to Liz and takes both her hands in hers and gently asks, "Liz did you get the impression that they were trying to connect with you?"

Everyone starts talking all at once again.

"Excuse me folks," the Sheriff is twirling his hat around in his hands, a nervous habit that they're all use to.

"Liz, you don't think they touched you on purpose do you?" Max anxious and growing concerned that Liz may be in danger.

Liz points to the VCR where the tape is paused on the two alleged aliens, "They seem to have no particular interest in me."

"I think I waited on them and one of them asked me to take the Tabasco sauce off the table. Do you think that means anything," Maria looks around for support of her observation.

A chorus of "NO" echoed from everyone in the room.

Maria sticks her nose in the air, "Huh, its no more far-fetched than all this Reflected soul crap."

The Sheriff goes over to the door leading to the bathroom and slams it achieving It's goal of getting everyone's attention.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I watched the same tape that you watched and I didn't see anything reflected in the mirror or the two men in Black and White."

The room becomes very quiet and all eyes turns to the Sheriff and in unison and disbelief they exclaim, "You didn't see it," as they all look from one to the other and back to the sheriff.

The End

Part 10 | Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.